SharkSwimmer

Adrian Peterson 2018 Outlook

Likely to be released by Arizona.  I hope he lands somewhere flashy so my opponents will waste a pick or auction dollars acquiring him.

2 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

Just retire old man

I feel I can still contribute some wisdom to this rotoworld forum.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, petekrum said:

Anyone who uses a draft pick here should find another hobby.

Peterson's big name will cause him to be drafted in the vast majority of leagues, should he sign with an NFL team.  If Peterson is still a free agent on draft day, he will probably still be picked up by quite a few team managers who think they are pretty slick, and will be getting an RB1 for a bargain price.  I hope it is the former.

Fantasy-wise, no way in hell will I touch him.

But if I'm Carolina I'm trying to cut Stewart to sign Peterson.  We all know you're not using either of them in the passing game, but Peterson is still a better battering ram than Stewart, and could probably be cheaper too.  Maybe my eyes are bad but I saw a guy who still has juice in the tank this past year.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Lord_Varys said:

Fantasy-wise, no way in hell will I touch him.

But if I'm Carolina I'm trying to cut Stewart to sign Peterson.  We all know you're not using either of them in the passing game, but Peterson is still a better battering ram than Stewart, and could probably be cheaper too.  Maybe my eyes are bad but I saw a guy who still has juice in the tank this past year.

Agreed.  In a vacuum if we're talking about AP vs Jstew I'd rather have AP.  

Couple of things though - 

Norv coached AP in Minnesota.   I have no idea what their relationship was like. 

AP has to be in a system where the qb is under center and AP starts deep in the backfield.  He is not a shotgun runner at all.   Obviously we have no idea what system norv is going to put in but that's a major factor.

I wouldn't be shocked if Jerrah finally got his man in AP this offseason, ha.  Alf is a FA.  Not saying I would do it but the AP to Dallas talk has been out there for years. 

• Like 2

AD to Dallas would be perfect for my purposes.

Edited by SharkSwimmer

19 minutes ago, 96mnc said:

AP has to be in a system where the qb is under center and AP starts deep in the backfield.  He is not a shotgun runner at all.

Forgot about that.  Good call.

I wouldn't be shocked if Jerrah finally got his man in AP this offseason, ha.  Alf is a FA.

Pretty good call as a spell to Zeke.

Edited by Lord_Varys

2 hours ago, petekrum said:

Anyone who uses a draft pick here should find another hobby.

A high draft pick, yes.

If it is a flyer in the last couple rounds, you could do worse.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

A high draft pick, yes.

If it is a flyer in the last couple rounds, you could do worse.

I am hoping my league mates err in the same fashion you are doing.

I would not draft AD or purchase him at auction; I would not trade for him, regardless of the compensation requested; were Peterson to be in the FA pool in my league, I would not place a minimum bid to acquire him; were he to clear waivers and be available for free, I would not pick him up.  The only way Peterson would ever make his way onto my roster would be via autodraft.  If that occurred, I would immediately release him at the earliest opportunity, once the error was discovered.

I want to roster the guy who could be the next Alvin Kamara, not an aging back who was last decent several years ago.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

I am hoping my league mates err in the same fashion you are doing.

I would not draft AD or purchase him at auction; I would not trade for him, regardless of the compensation requested; were Peterson to be in the FA pool in my league, I would not place a minimum bid to acquire him; were he to clear waivers and be available for free, I would not pick him up.  The only way Peterson would ever make his way onto my roster would be via autodraft.  If that occurred, I would immediately release him at the earliest opportunity, once the error was discovered.

I want to roster the guy who could be the next Alvin Kamara, not an aging back who was last decent several years ago.

LOL. What was Kamara's ADP, think it was 8th round or so?

If you wouldn't take him over, say a kicker in last round, you are not good at fantasy football.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

If you wouldn't take him over, say a kicker in last round, you are not good at fantasy football.

A good kicker is way more valuable then an old a** AP. Coming from a guy who's won his league the last 2 years.

1 hour ago, dmb3684 said:

I don't have 2017 ADP numbers in front of me, but 8th round seems steep for Kamara.  Regardless, Peterson had a much higher ADP than Kamara did in 2017, presumably thanks in part to people like you who still thought Peterson held some value.  In my league, Peterson went for $9, while Kamara was an afterthought at $1.

A roster spot is far too valuable to waste it on Peterson.  Even in a 20-teamer.  I want potential league winners at the end of my bench, not washed-up vets. 

1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

I don't have 2017 ADP numbers in front of me, but 8th round seems steep for Kamara.  Regardless, Peterson had a much higher ADP than Kamara did in 2017, presumably thanks in part to people like you who still thought Peterson held some value.  In my league, Peterson went for $9, while Kamara was an afterthought at $1.

A roster spot is far too valuable to waste it on Peterson.  Even in a 20-teamer.  I want potential league winners at the end of my bench, not washed-up vets. 

I had ADP in no leagues last year and won't this year. You have poor reading comprehension skills and I'm not into talking to walls, so agree to disagree

ADP:  Average Draft Position, one useful way to measure the overall value that the fantasy football playing community assigns to a player.

AD:  All Day, the nickname of Adrian Peterson since his Oklahoma days.

Try to keep up.  And forgive me for believing you might consider selecting Peterson in 2018.  I believed that because you typed, in this thread, that you might consider selecting Peterson in 2018.

1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

ADP:  Average Draft Position, one useful way to measure the overall value that the fantasy football playing community assigns to a player.

AD:  All Day, the nickname of Adrian Peterson since his Oklahoma days.

Try to keep up.  And forgive me for believing you might consider selecting Peterson in 2018.  I believed that because you typed, in this thread, that you might consider selecting Peterson in 2018.

LOL. Nah. 'All Day' Adrian Peterson, or ADP. First year playing?

11 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

LOL. Nah. 'All Day' Adrian Peterson, or ADP. First year playing?

I have never heard Peterson being called ADP.  It has always been AP or AD.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, youngrice said:

I have never heard Peterson being called ADP.  It has always been AP or AD.

Well that changes everything.

5 hours ago, dmb3684 said:

I'm confused, you would or wouldn't draft him??? You say here you would. 

3 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

Well that changes everything.

Lol deuche.  Many have called him AP but he prefers AD:

He was given the nickname because "he could run all day," according to a book titled "Adrian Peterson," written by Clifford W. Mills. "He always had energy to burn, and was always in motion." 

Find me one link that gives Peterson the nickname ADP.  

30 minutes ago, youngrice said:

Lol deuche.  Many have called him AP but he prefers AD:

He was given the nickname because "he could run all day," according to a book titled "Adrian Peterson," written by Clifford W. Mills. "He always had energy to burn, and was always in motion." 

Find me one link that gives Peterson the nickname ADP.