SharkSwimmer

Adrian Peterson 2018 Outlook

He looked more than solid. I said a few pages back that I really did think that AP could be really sneaky fantasy value this season, and we could see a ton of 20-90-1 lines from him.

He obviously didn't disappoint, and he had a ton of "breakaway" plays.

Who knows if he lasts the whole season...but after watching yesterday's game, WAS did a great job at switching AP and Thompson out as a 1-2 punch. Also a good sign, AP had 70 receiving yards. Wouldn't surprise me if they utilize him more after what they saw yesterday.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

Is anyone selling high?

Wait until after the Colts game. He should have another field day. 

• Like 1

Is anyone selling high?

I own AP in every single money league - and part of the reason why is, age aside, I don't see any reason he won't be as productive as a lot of RBs going 3rd round

If you can package him for a 1/2 rounder, sure. I've got him in the Ajayi/Drake/Collins tier and starting him with confidence. He looked excellent - and even with a declining skill set is still on par with backs like Alex Collins.

15 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

Is anyone selling high?

Seems difficult to get fair value from a 20 touch goal line hog. Probably just gonna ride this out until the wheels fall off

Edited by lolcopter
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lolcopter said:

Seems difficult to get fair value from a 20 touch goal line hog. Probably just gonna ride this out until the wheels fall off

He was free this season for early drafters, I agree with your statement, good Baldwin replacement 

1 hour ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

Is anyone selling high?

if you do make sure it is a true sell high, that terms gets thrown out there way too much. 

what i see is an ideal situation for him,  talent, opportunity, good offense scheme fit, good team.  no competition for carries.  the only question mark is whether he will be able to recover fast enough from week to week as the season goes on.  so if you can get 2nd round value sure sell high by all means, otherwise just ride it out.  no reason to trade for the sake of trading because you're scared of what might happen.  just ask everyone who was advocating selling high on Gurley because they were scared of his schedule.  certainly AP isn't Gurley at this point in his career but the principle remains the same, and that is don't sell short because of the unknown.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Panthor said:

if you do make sure it is a true sell high, that terms gets thrown out there way too much. 

what i see is an ideal situation for him,  talent, opportunity, good offense scheme fit, good team.  no competition for carries.  the only question mark is whether he will be able to recover fast enough from week to week as the season goes on.  so if you can get 2nd round value sure sell high by all means, otherwise just ride it out.  no reason to trade for the sake of trading because you're scared of what might happen.  just ask everyone who was advocating selling high on Gurley because they were scared of his schedule.  certainly AP isn't Gurley at this point in his career but the principle remains the same, and that is don't sell short because of the unknown.

100%. If it weren't for the injuries of the past few years in combination of his age, i'd be much more optimistic. If he plays 16 games he likely to see 250+ carries and all the GL work. He could essentially be the Colts' version of Frank Gore. 

And I like the Redskins, not just after this game, but going into the season more than a lot of others. Alex Smith is a solid QB and Jay Gruden runs a pretty productive offensive system. 

28 minutes ago, Panthor said:

I am working on Adams for AP and Carson to a RB needy team

I am working on Adams for AP and Carson to a RB needy team

you're sending AP and Carson for Adams?  i would want to hold off on that till we get the update on Rodgers knee, Adams did fine last year without Rodgers but a lot of that upside goes away if Rodgers has to sit a while which isn't out of the realm of possibility at this point.  it was reported that it was a "couldn't do more damage" situation on Sunday night, it wasn't that he was okay  to come back

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, yanki01 said:

AP & Marvin for AJG is moving much. could we see 2016 LeGarrette Blount numbers?

He looks better than Blount honestly. Will he get those TDs, probably not, but IF he stays healthy he should return RB2 value if not better.

[Several removed.  Trade offers you're considering / have accepted need to go in the AC forum, as they depend highly on league context.]

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, kball09 said:

He looks better than Blount honestly. Will he get those TDs, probably not, but IF he stays healthy he should return RB2 value if not better.

Everyone looked better than Blount in week 1. Don't compare this icon to Blount lol. But, yes I agree with the latter.

7 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

Everyone looked better than Blount in week 1. Don't compare this icon to Blount lol. But, yes I agree with the latter.

2016 Blount* not current Blount, but noted :)

Edited by kball09
  • Haha 1

When they do good, we try to sell really high and no trade gets made and we hold. When they do bad... we wish we sold for something the week before. 

People are selfish and trades rarely happen in fantasy. 

• Like 1

I think the whole Washington offense was anemic save Thompson. Better days ahead barring an injury.

He's at risk of weeks like this whenever the Redskins are trailing. Then it's the Thompson show. Despite the terrible YPC, it wasn't really that bad a PPR day. Three catches for 30 yards certainly helped.