SharkSwimmer

Adrian Peterson 2018 Outlook

3 minutes ago, cnewbykkn said:

Anybody worried about the sprained ankle?

He should be fine. Great bye week timing... 

• Like 1

OK still no practice today. Concerning, as I am high on "All Day" this week as a revenge game narrative. 

Question is who risk starting him and waiting till Monday night only to have him not play? I know it is early in the week so I guess we will wait and see.

2 minutes ago, Dalton Gang said:

Question is who risk starting him and waiting till Monday night only to have him not play? I know it is early in the week so I guess we will wait and see.

you answered your own question - come back Saturday 

9 minutes ago, Daffy said:

I'm wondering if this will be a bad game script for AP

I thought AP would have a great game script vs Indy. He sucked.

I thought AP would have a bad game script vs GB. He was awesome.

At this point, he is defying logic. He might just be copying the script of Amari Cooper and being good every other game.

• Like 1

He’s earned the veteren practice treatment about as much as anyone in the NFL, I wouldn’t read too much into today’s absence.  

The next few days will be telling... I think we’ll have a clear picture by decision time on Sunday.  The only issue would be if you have to make a decision between AP and a Thursday night guy.

Personally, I’d be surprised if he doesn’t suit up against the Saints. How effective he’ll be given gamescript, etc. could be another issue.

16 minutes ago, ESquared said:

I thought AP would have a great game script vs Indy. He sucked.

I thought AP would have a bad game script vs GB. He was awesome.

At this point, he is defying logic. He might just be copying the script of Amari Cooper and being good every other game.

He historically torches GB though. That probably played some part in it.

Saints knocked his team out of a SB trip with Favre if I recall. And they didn't use him and traded him away. He will definitely be motivated.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

He’s earned the veteren practice treatment about as much as anyone in the NFL, I wouldn’t read too much into today’s absence.  

The next few days will be telling... I think we’ll have a clear picture by decision time on Sunday.  The only issue would be if you have to make a decision between AP and a Thursday night guy.

Personally, I’d be surprised if he doesn’t suit up against the Saints. How effective he’ll be given gamescript, etc. could be another issue.

lol...Seems like rooks only practice on Wednesdays nowadays.

Adrian Peterson (ankle) returned to practice on Thursday.

Advice: Peterson sprained his ankle in Week 3 but had the bye week to heal. He's trending in the right direction for Monday night's game in New Orleans. Fueled by the #RevengeGame narrative, AD will be an RB2 in that matchup, assuming he gets the nod.

MoreJP Finlay on Twitter

(Rotoworld.com)

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, ESquared said:

in deciphering the algorithm here, if cooper was hot week 2 and week 4 (even weeks), and peterson hot week 1 and week 3 (odd weeks), how does peterson's bye week fit into the picture? does the bye count as a week and therefore peterson will be hot now that it's week 5, an odd week? can cooper and peterson both be hot during the same week, or there's just not enough mojo in the stratosphere for this to happen?

once these questions are answered, playing amari cooper and adrian peterson will be easy.

source.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 10/3/2018 at 1:46 PM, Daffy said:

I'm wondering if this will be a bad game script for AP

Maybe, but they'll need to score points to beat NO and they'll have AP in their on the GL. 

They also might want to run AP often to keep the ball away from Brees and the Saints offense.   It still looks like a good script for Thompson cause they can just toss him the ball for short gains and accomplish the same thing.

Personally, I don't understand why everyone keeps underestimating this guy every week.  Each week he exceeds the experts predictions.    This week he should be a top 15 guy and he is overlooked again.  Saints D is not good and he has revenge on his mind.   Plus he is rested from week off.  People each week also predict skins get blown out but this is the nfl....not so easy to predict.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, tim14125 said:

Did he practice today?

He was removed from the injury report so I believe he did

Peterson (ankle, shoulder, knee) was limited at Wednesday's walk-through, according to the NFL Communications site.
Spin: 
Peterson is dealing with an array of injuries at the moment. The initial issue this season was a sprained ankle from Week 3, which followed him into prep for a Week 5 game at New Orleans, despite a bye between the two outings. After that contest, he said that he sustained a dislocated shoulder, an injury that was later confirmed by an MRI to be a strained shoulder. He also picked up a knee injury along the way. While he isn't expected to miss a game at this time, there's a chance his snap count could be impacted Sunday versus the Panthers and beyond.

Adrian Peterson (ankle, knee, shoulder) practiced again on Thursday.

Peterson was listed as a limited participant at Wednesday's practice, which was actually a walk-through. The veteran is dealing with a myriad of minor injuries, though Peterson is adamant he'll be out there against the Panthers on Sunday. Game script has hurt Peterson in recent weeks as Washington continues to lean on pass-catcher Chris Thompson when playing from behind. That could be a problem again for him in Week 6.

19 minutes ago, RafiBomb said:

Thompson out

He has not been ruled out

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, BMcP said:

He has not been ruled out

Thompson probably out*

You guys think the "Peterson banged up this week" is a bit overplayed or should there be serious concern about his workload this week?

Edited by RafiBomb
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, RafiBomb said:

Thompson probably out*

You guys think the "Peterson banged up this week" is a bit overplayed or should there be serious concern about his workload this week?

I'm going with my gut... In thinking that AP will have a huge workload tomorrow with Thompson out.

• Like 1