SharkSwimmer

Adrian Peterson 2018 Outlook

So what does the future hold for AP past this year? Any chance the Redskins re-sign him and use him and Guice along with CT, or is the old man going to have to find his 4th team in three seasons? He'll be 34, but if he can't find another team that will make him their lead runner, I think the Redskins would be wise to bring him back in...if for no other reason than to mentor Guice as the youngster goes on and off the field, as well as serve to give Guice a breather and save some tread on his tires. 

Does Damon Harrisons trade from the Giants boost AP's outlook this week? Harrison has been rated 7th best of all interior defensive linemen and tied for 2nd with 16 run stops this year (PFF). Anyone thinking this helps AP?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Slayer0854 said:

Does Damon Harrisons trade from the Giants boost AP's outlook this week? Harrison has been rated 7th best of all interior defensive linemen and tied for 2nd with 16 run stops this year (PFF). Anyone thinking this helps AP?

The thought did not even cross my mind about the impact that would have on the run defense. Combine that with the fact that the players know the team is preparing for an overhaul and you might have a dejected defense out on the field. Possible recipe for AP success this weekend.

5 minutes ago, Slayer0854 said:

Extremely.

Snacks and Vernon are the two best lineman for the Giants. Snacks in the interior and Vernon on the edge. IMO, Snacks would be the defensive MVP of the Giants this season. As a Giants fan, watching him weekly, I can't believe that he wasn't worth "at least" a 3rd rounder. He's special on the inside. It's probably only due to his contract situation.

Giants have moved Apple and now Snacks and may look to move Jenkins by the end of the week. I don't see how the Giants will have enough on defense to stop the Redskins from moving the chains and owning time of possession which they have done well at this season.

Edited by nonstopfan
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Slayer0854 said:

Absolutely this helps AP's outlook.  I can see Washington owning TOP in this game with Alex Smith doing his safe underneath short stuff and AP racking up 20+ carries again with the Gmen getting gashed late because their offense can't stay on the field with the poor O-line and Eli getting picked up off the turf a bunch.  

7 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

So what does the future hold for AP past this year? Any chance the Redskins re-sign him and use him and Guice along with CT, or is the old man going to have to find his 4th team in three seasons? He'll be 34, but if he can't find another team that will make him their lead runner, I think the Redskins would be wise to bring him back in...if for no other reason than to mentor Guice as the youngster goes on and off the field, as well as serve to give Guice a breather and save some tread on his tires. 

If he runs for over 1000 yards, which it looks like he will do pending health, I don’t see any reason why he couldn’t find another feature role next year. If he goes for 1000+ yards on 4.2-4ypc he is definitely not going to want to settle for a mentor role.

Edited by MJJ28

What a draft pick! That's now 5 games of at least 96 yards on the ground which isn't too surprising that they all came in Washington wins.

Washington likes to slows down the game and control TOP. This is a great situation for AP.

• Like 3

That rumbling 64 yard TD was awesome. He's still got some wiggle and is a big part of the offense. Just has to stay healthy. 

6 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

He’s a monster! I love you AP. ❤️

I’m so sorry I tried to “sell high” on you to every team in my league.  Who knew this was coming? 

Haha - I did the same thing and had several guys write “LOL” in their decline trade email. Feels pretty sweet now. 

Talk about the fountain of youth, awesome game from All Day!

5 weeks ago I tried to trade AP+Henry for Fournette. 

He declined and countered with Bilal Powell for Ingram, so I guess he found my offer insulting. 

I dropped Henry, but so so very lucky that my initial offer was rejected.

Praise Jebus!

Holy crap. Zero rb goldmine pick for alot of people. Yes, there is always the risk he is game scripted out but he has already delivered massive returns for the 8th-10th round he was taken in most drafts. Games like this one and the one vs. the Packers, just such a bonus to get multiple times from later pick.

Tempted to sell high but his playoff schedule is these same Giants from today and on the road at Jacksonville and at Tennessee. None of those look like games where he will be game scripted out.

31 minutes ago, Pooskay said:

A wise owner would sell high. Old man body won't respond well in colder temps.

They also said that a 33 year old back cannot do what AP is doing right now. AP is not your typical run of the mill back. It may sound crazy, but this team is built around AP, solid O-line and a solid defense. Alex Smith isn't scaring anyone.

55 minutes ago, Pooskay said:

A wise owner would sell high. Old man body won't respond well in colder temps.

You won't get an equal value back on a one for one trade...and we're only half-way thru the season, so I would keep the rb depth vs a package trade.

Peterson has now tied Barry Sanders for the most 50-plus-yard rushing TDs in league history (15). Even at age 33, Peterson has settled in as the centerpiece of Washington's offense. He will be a legitimate RB1 play in Week 9 against the Falcons.

(Rotoworld.com)

Desperate owners who are looking for a consistent RB will bite and deal for AP.

I'd be shocked if AP can maintain these numbers with the work he's been getting for the ROS.

16 minutes ago, cnewbykkn said:

Traded him on Thursday, still feel good about it. Good luck to all those holding for ROS.

I bet the guy you traded him to feels even better about it.

• Haha 1

Just now, SkinsChargersFan said:

I bet the guy you traded him to feels even better about it.

Probably true, but my team got a lot better from it.