SharkSwimmer

Adrian Peterson 2018 Outlook

6 minutes ago, Pooskay said:

Desperate owners who are looking for a consistent RB will bite and deal for AP.

I'd be shocked if AP can maintain these numbers with the work he's been getting for the ROS.

Of course he’s not going to repeat the Giants performance every week, but he’s getting a consistent workload on a team built for success in the run game (good O-line, great defense, risk-averse QB).

On top of that he looks incredible. I’m a Skins fan, I watch every game.

Literally the ONLY question mark is his health. Yes it’s slightly elevated bc of his age, but the dude is a physical specimen. Most owners aren’t counting on him as their RB1 bc of his draft price.  But he’s performing as a low end RB1 in your RB2 or Flex spot.

Yes, if you can get a WR1 or elite TE for him, you make the deal if you have RB depth, but most people aren’t going to give you that bc everyone thinks he is going to get hurt.

He’s past his bye and his ROS schedule is great outside of the Eagles game, and maybe the Jags (his 2nd game against the Eagles is Week 17). If he doesn’t get hurt he will finish as a top 12 RB in your RB2 or Flex spot.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cnewbykkn said:

Gordon and Bosa both coming back. I'm happy.

A report came out this week that Bosa isn’t close to returning. The Chargers are my other team (hence my handle), and I think they proceed with caution so they have Joey for the playoffs. Rivers volume will go down (it already has a bit), but he will still be a QB1, as they won’t become a fully defensive & running team.

Brady>Rivers ROS, but I think it’s only a few points per week.  That assessment has as much to do with how I feel about Brady (overrated for fantasy purposes), as it does about Rivers.

34 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

Chris Thompson not practicing Wednesday.

...and he's loooooooose!

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

just traded Tyler Boyd for this dude.  do we think he can stay healthy?  from what I've seen of the Skins games the past few weeks he looks pretty fresh.

Chris Thompson out.  Atl gives up 7th most yards to RBs.  This has the potential to be a big game for AP

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, matanp said:

Chris Thompson out.  Atl gives up 7th most yards to RBs.  This has the potential to be a big game for AP

Shhhhh .... stop jinxing it 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, lla887 said:

Shhhhh .... stop jinxing it 

there's no such thing as a jinx!!!  (trying to antijinx my jinx)

• Haha 1

If this wasn't AP and instead a fresh faced rookie putting up the numbers he's putting up, this thread would be at least 50 pages already.  I think everybody is waiting for the crash to happen, but this train is going strong.  Looks like there is plenty of gas left in this tank.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, TommyKramer said:

If this wasn't AP and instead a fresh faced rookie putting up the numbers he's putting up, this thread would be at least 50 pages already.  I think everybody is waiting for the crash to happen, but this train is going strong.  Looks like there is plenty of gas left in this tank.

Amazing considering this guy was a lock top-5 fantasy picks for nearly 10 years and was consistently leading or near the league leader in rushing and rush TD's.

• Like 2

One rushing TD today in front of the home crowd ties Peterson with another Redskins RB - who also did it at a ripe-old age (John Riggins) - for 6th on the All-Time Rushing TD list (103)

...3 TDs today AP catches the great Jim Brown:ph34r:

..7 more on the year ties him with Sweetness

Edited by Spina

Edited by Spina

1 hour ago, bennie905 said:

what happened here, looks like they abandoned the run way too early and that bibbs td was frustrating

Yup. Watching that fade route catch by Doctson was a nice catch/throw but maddening at the same time. Then watching Bibbs get the TD just pissed me off. Can we say AP got vultured twice? 

• Like 1

the oline and offense had a ton of penalties and how many of them went down today? the offense didn't look good at all.

7 minutes ago, yanki01 said:

the oline and offense had a ton of penalties and how many of them went down today? the offense didn't look good at all.

I knew they were in trouble from the beginning when the Falcons went up 14-0. The Redskins are most effective when they are leading or tie and controlling the clock via the run game, defense and not exposing Alex Smith. I know this seems obvious but for this team that has no explosive options in the passing game (They are not using Reed down the seams) this is critical. 21-7 at halftime was a nail in the coffin.

Suprised that Ryan and Coleman had so much success.

I think its simple. Sit him when they play teams with a good offense and start him when they play teams with terrible offense

• Like 2

On 10/29/2018 at 7:52 AM, SkinsChargersFan said:

On top of that he looks incredible

???

30 minutes ago, cs3 said:

???

What are you questioning?  Their entire O-Line got hurt.  At one point they had to put in Ianitus (a defensive lineman) on their O-line because they were out of healthy bodies.  

This had nothing to do with how AP has been playing... they were playing catch-up all day and he was running behind backups of backups.  If you actually watched the game you would have seen what was going on.

• Like 1

I'm a Redskins fan and AP owner, but I expect him to decline greatly now. The Redskins 2nd half schedule is harder and more road heavy. Plus the Skins entire O line, which is a HUGE part of the reason AP has played well this year, is injured right now. This doesn't look good for AP. Chris Thompson may need to be used more when he comes back. You never know with Gruden's Redskins though.

6 hours ago, zorndogs said:

I'm a Redskins fan and AP owner, but I expect him to decline greatly now. The Redskins 2nd half schedule is harder and more road heavy. Plus the Skins entire O line, which is a HUGE part of the reason AP has played well this year, is injured right now. This doesn't look good for AP. Chris Thompson may need to be used more when he comes back. You never know with Gruden's Redskins though.

I agree... arrow unfortunately pointing down for AP due to these O-Line woes.  This is what derailed the Skins’ season last year... I believe they were forced to use something remarkable like 35 different O-Line combinations last season.

AP should be ok in some games, I don’t expect game script to go as poorly most weeks as it did in the Falcons game, although I’d look elsewhere for the Eagles & possibly the Texans game.  

He comes up against some good defenses, but several of those teams have poor offenses (Jags, Cowboys, Titans), so the games should stay close. The Skins’ defense didn’t show up yesterday (and to the Falcons’ credit they looked fresh coming off the bye), but I still think they are a good unit that will dominate against bad offenses.

He‘s more of a matchup dependent low-end RB2 now than a high-end RB2/low-end RB1.

Hasn't this been the AD MO this year?  Good game, bad game, good game, bad game...etc.  He'll go off next week against TB.

Scherff and Lauvao (the two starting guards) out for the season, Trent Williams still out for another 3 games at least... not good news for AP.  Morgan Moses was banged up Sunday as well, although appears to have avoided major injury. In one week the Skins went from a borderline Top 5 O-line to likely one of the worst.  They had 8 holding penalties on Sunday after the injuries that negated several chunk gains by AP.

They did sign two replacement guards today but I’m not familiar with their pedigree.

The Skins are cursed... I blame Dan Snyder.