SharkSwimmer

Adrian Peterson 2018 Outlook

Recommended Posts

Who is the preferred cuff here? Carson and AP are all I have for RB. I am cuffed with Carson, and with byes over I want to atleast get something should AP go down. Some guy in my league has hung on to Thompson for months, so that's not an option. Is Pirine the between the tackles runner in the event of an AP injury?

Edited by RepoMan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RepoMan said:

Who is the preferred cuff here? Carson and AP are all I have for RB. I am cuffed with Carson, and with byes over I want to atleast get something should AP go down. Some guy in my league has hung on to Thompson for months, so that's not an option. Is Pirine the between the tackles runner in the event of an AP injury?

 

to avoid moving this thread to the AC forum, probably best to keep speaking of AP in terms of rankings moving forward.

 

that said, if you're still in the playoff race, i'd sooner go with another RB rather than the handcuff to AP (kapri bibbs). cthompson could prove to be worth hanging onto (assuming your leaguemate's bench is deep enough). there must be someone on the waiver worth grabbing rather than trusting in kapri bibbs assuming AP falls.

 

for this coming week, guys i'd rank right around AP today.

 

frank gore (with drake not playing) vs buffalo

doug martin

tj yeldon (with fournette suspended)

carlos hyde

blount

nyheim hines

spencer ware

corey clement

chris ivory

 

maybe AP goes between blount and hyde in the above ranking? still time for me to figure it out; AP might end up at the top of this list, though more based on the eagles offense and their lackluster performances since acquiring golden tate; washinton defense might hold up well. the eagles run D seems to have slipped slightly, BUT the eagles pass defense has slipped mightily and is the best area for washington to exploit (not AP's forte).

 

i'd shoot for one of these guys before bibbs; samaje perine is not worth the roster space. it's week 13 coming... hard choices need to be made

 

giphy.gif

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the reply. 

 

I'm very bearish on AP the rest of the way, just don't see how this team is going to put itself in position to score enough for a RB with almost zero involvement in the passing game. The Skins are up there with the Bills and Jets as far as fantasy graveyard teams. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Peterson is close to a must play against the Giants horrendous run defense. But I'd agree he's a tough start otherwise in the remaining match ups. Thompson may well have been dropped and I'd take a look at him if he continues to practice.

Edited by LongBalls

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LongBalls said:

 

 

24 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

Game is Monday though 

 

Agreed. Its week 13. They had their bye way back in week 4. I could see this as a great opportunity to give the old back an extra day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any news on if he'll play?  I need 13.5 points from him to advance to the playoffs in one league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, humanpuck said:

Any news on if he'll play?  I need 13.5 points from him to advance to the playoffs in one league.

 

 Sat, Dec 1

Adrian Peterson (shoulder) was removed from the Week 13 injury report.

Advice: Peterson was held out early in the week but his status wasn't in doubt. He's our No. 33 ranked running back for Monday night's matchup with the Eagles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JSA2422 said:

 

 Sat, Dec 1

Adrian Peterson (shoulder) was removed from the Week 13 injury report.

Advice: Peterson was held out early in the week but his status wasn't in doubt. He's our No. 33 ranked running back for Monday night's matchup with the Eagles.

I'm seeing conflicting reports...

 

Peterson has been returned to the injury report due to a shoulder injury, Tarik El Bashir of The Athletic DC reports.
Spin: 
Peterson had no injury tag coming out of practice Friday, but he showed up on the injury report after Saturday's practice session. The Redskins and Eagles are playing Monday night, so fantasy owners wanting to use Peterson this week will be rolling the dice.
 
news_breaking.png
88x21_RWdotcom_trans.gif
Sat, Dec 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/27/2018 at 10:16 AM, Sack Exchange said:

 

to avoid moving this thread to the AC forum, probably best to keep speaking of AP in terms of rankings moving forward.

 

that said, if you're still in the playoff race, i'd sooner go with another RB rather than the handcuff to AP (kapri bibbs). cthompson could prove to be worth hanging onto (assuming your leaguemate's bench is deep enough). there must be someone on the waiver worth grabbing rather than trusting in kapri bibbs assuming AP falls.

 

for this coming week, guys i'd rank right around AP today.

 

frank gore (with drake not playing) vs buffalo

doug martin

tj yeldon (with fournette suspended)

carlos hyde

blount

nyheim hines

spencer ware

corey clement

chris ivory

 

maybe AP goes between blount and hyde in the above ranking? still time for me to figure it out; AP might end up at the top of this list, though more based on the eagles offense and their lackluster performances since acquiring golden tate; washinton defense might hold up well. the eagles run D seems to have slipped slightly, BUT the eagles pass defense has slipped mightily and is the best area for washington to exploit (not AP's forte).

 

i'd shoot for one of these guys before bibbs; samaje perine is not worth the roster space. it's week 13 coming... hard choices need to be made

 

giphy.gif

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

What movie is this?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, poofinger said:

 

 

What movie is this?

 

a show called Picket Fences .. Lauren Holly aka Mary from Dumb and Dumber 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I swear in this matchup I did not think he would get 5 points. In the only league I own him I have gurley conner chubb so I never end up starting him and no one wanted to give me a wr for him for weeks that was a top 22 wr so i just keep him on the bench. Assming he had a crap game I was close to cutting him but now he will be a hold no matter what unless he suffered a season ending injury

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

90 yard TD run but he still didn't crack 100 yards rushing? I wonder how many times has a featured back accomplished that? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Cdub2k said:

90 yard TD run but he still didn't crack 100 yards rushing? I wonder how many times has a featured back accomplished that? 

 

 

Yea hard to pull off 8 yards in 8 runs, but a feature back should get more then 9 carries.  Redskins are clueless 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, JSA2422 said:

 

a show called Picket Fences .. Lauren Holly aka Mary from Dumb and Dumber 

 

damn never knew Mary was such a talent 🔥🔥🔥

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

This is a terrifying start for anyone who has to roll with him in the playoffs. He gets decent enough volume and still has that HR ability but this offense is going to struggle to cross midfield with Sanchez and these garbage pass catchers. And Thompson looked horrible tonight, and him being decent would actually increases AP's chances to get into scoring territory. 

 

The good news it's the Giants, so the game shouldn't get that out of hand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cdub2k said:

90 yard TD run but he still didn't crack 100 yards rushing? I wonder how many times has a featured back accomplished that? 

 

I am going to go with absolutely zero times.  To the Elias Sports Bureau!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Safe to drop in 10 team leagues? Dont need him in week 14.. playoffs start 15 and end in 16, brutal matchups, they wont be able to move the ball with Sanchez? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, dannyz6969 said:

Safe to drop in 10 team leagues? Dont need him in week 14.. playoffs start 15 and end in 16, brutal matchups, they wont be able to move the ball with Sanchez? 

 

It really depends on your options. If you don't need him in week 14, then that might be the prudent thing to do. I would probably keep him as insurance just in case the injury bug bites your team in week 14 and you need some serviceable bodies as a replacement option.

 

As for Week 14, I'm torn as to drop him or potentially starting him. I don't understand how someone can have a 90 yard TD run yet finish under 100 yards. That has to be one of the most dubious records to ever hold. Of course owners have to contend with the Sanchez factor as well, but that could also mean more emphasis on running game.

 

On the flip-side, the Giants have been without big time run stopper Snacks Harrison and it has shown. Now, they will be without their best safety All-Pro Landon Collins who is a beast in the box (not so much in coverage as Cohen proved that). Giants are allowing over 140 yards on the ground in their last 5 games.

Edited by nonstopfan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.