Sign in to follow this  
JoeJoe88

Carlos Hyde 2018 Outlook

Just now, RafiBomb said:

Didn't watch the game but does Mayfield at QB elevate Hyde's value at running back?

big time...he can keep drives alive...tyrod was missing too many reads

Just now, RafiBomb said:

Didn't watch the game but does Mayfield at QB elevate Hyde's value at running back?

absolutely. Tyrod was horrible, they couldn't even get first downs. as soon as Baker came in and started completing passes it completely opened up the run game. combine that with more redzone opportunities this should be nothing put positive for Hyde. don't listen to any delusion Chubb owners

• Like 1

This was an easy one... these guys always perform so well when they are emotional.  Remember torrey smith when his bro died.  I literally had him on bench until i saw it was his bday and kid was about to be born.

Edited by MNadel

2 minutes ago, MJJ28 said:

If Mayfield is as good as he looked tonight Hyde is an RB1.

Say it again.

Say it with me.

RB1

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

22.30 pts staring me down on my bench now, really need Miller to get even 3/4ths of that total now. 

2 minutes ago, TheINC said:

22.30 pts staring me down on my bench now, really need Miller to get even 3/4ths of that total now. 

Never be mad about bench players blowing up.

It's bad Juju

1 minute ago, TheINC said:

Same.  There were multiple podcasts and sites calling Miller a start of the week.   Maybe he’ll be fine but I don’t expect he’ll put up more than Hyde just did.

But Im not too upset seeing that there is hope for Hyde now.

2 minutes ago, NBatum88 said:

On my bench but feels good man. I think he can return huge value this year.

Same here

tenor.gif?itemid=3983704

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

better luck next year. this job is Hyde's ROS

Yeah!  It's not even half Chubbs

• Haha 1

Hyde was a RB1 last year...at least in 1/2 PPR and PPR leagues. Tonight's game was great, but what propelled him to RB1 status last year was getting targets in the passing game. If he's going to get back to RB1 status this year, I think we need to see him catch 3-4 balls per game. 

The people saying "hyde has value NOW" are such noobs.  2 td's in the first two games.. the yardage wasn't great but he averaged 20 freaking touches.  You're just making excuses for benching this beast on the best day of his entire 28 year old life

Edited by MNadel
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Hyde was a RB1 last year...at least in 1/2 PPR and PPR leagues. Tonight's game was great, but what propelled him to RB1 status last year was getting targets in the passing game. If he's going to get back to RB1 status this year, I think we need to see him catch 3-4 balls per game. 

Looking like he could get 12+ TDs this year though. He is getting fed on the goal line.

3 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

He had 25 touches tonight (two receptions).  I'll take that usage every day of the week

Just now, Flyman75 said:

Or just score 20 Tds...you know...whichever is more convenient. :lol:

1 minute ago, Impreza178 said:

Or just score 20 Tds...you know...whichever is more convenient. :lol:

LOL...that's the truth! I'll take those, too. :D

If I would have known that the Jets were going to knock Tyrod out of the game, I totally would have started Hyde.  Big mistake, Jets.  You should have hit Taylor much more gently.

He was dropped in my league before the game (short bench).  Going to spend all of my FAAB on him.  He has some serious potential with Mayfield under center.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, MNadel said:

The people saying "hyde has value NOW" are such noobs.  2 td's in the first two games.. the yardage wasn't great but he averaged 20 freaking touches.  You're just making excuses for benching this beast on the best day of his entire 28 year old life

Lol.  Noobs.   The Browns offense looked pretty bad until tonight.  Sure Hyde had value before.   But if tonight is indicative of how the offense is going to run with Baker, Hyde’s value has dramatically increased.   

Surely you don’t disagree with that.

• Thanks 1