Sign in to follow this  
JoeJoe88

Carlos Hyde 2018 Outlook

10 minutes ago, MJJ28 said:

Looking like he could get 12+ TDs this year though. He is getting fed on the goal line.

Yeah he is. I was afraid Chubb was going to take the ball to pay dirt, lol...and then I was afraid Landry was going to take the shovel pass into the EZ, lol.  

8 minutes ago, UFGator said:

He had 25 touches tonight (two receptions).  I'll take that usage every day of the week

Yeah, I love the 25 touches for sure. No complaints there, but I think that will be the exception rather than the rule (though he had 40 combined touches in the first two games). He has 4 catches through three games this year after catching 59 balls. In 1/2 PPR and PPR, those receptions last year were a huge part of his game. 

Edited by Flyman75

6 minutes ago, MNadel said:

The people saying "hyde has value NOW" are such noobs.  2 td's in the first two games.. the yardage wasn't great but he averaged 20 freaking touches.  You're just making excuses for benching this beast on the best day of his entire 28 year old life

Also against the number 1 ranked defense through week two. Look he is at least "THE" starting rb in Cleveland and I can see him as a top 20 rb to finish the season in standard leagues. Baker definitely opened it up for him and if that continues, I stand by him as a top 20 back.

2 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

If I would have known that the Jets were going to knock Tyrod out of the game, I totally would have started Hyde.  Big mistake, Jets.  You should have hit Taylor much more gently.

I think Tyrod might have been done after the first half anyway.   

• Like 2

I am so disgusted with myself for taking carson over him in a lot of drafts thsi year At least I own a few hyde shares. Hyde def has top 12 rb in him with ease as long as he and baker both stay healthy. Sorry duke johnson and chubb backers.

Love it. TNF has always been good to me. The entire offense looks like it got an upgrade. Makes me feel much better about Hyde going forward.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Lol.  Noobs.   The Browns offense looked pretty bad until tonight.  Sure Hyde had value before.   But if tonight is indicative of how the offense is going to run with Baker, Hyde’s value has dramatically increased.   

Surely you don’t disagree with that.

No but people are acting like this guy wasn't value to begin with.  He went in the later rounds.  RB2 before tonight, now has rb1 upside

1 minute ago, MNadel said:

No but people are acting like this guy wasn't value to begin with.  He went in the later rounds.  RB2 before tonight, now has rb1 upside

He wasn't even looked at as a RB2. Just look back through this thread today...he wasn't even looked at as a flex by a lot of guys itt. You're absolutely correct. There were posters who were acting as if he had little value. 

2 minutes ago, MNadel said:

Agree.  He was an RB2 in a mix of a bunch of RB2s.   Now he’s clearly at or near the the top of that list.   

Sad I benched him but glad I have him.  

• Like 1

Just now, UFGator said:

So should Hyde owners be targeting Chubb on the cheap right now?

I would say yes, problem is that savvy owners might play hardball with you and just stash Chubb on their bench. Think Chubbs value increases as well with Hyde's performance as weird as that sounds

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

He wasn't even looked at as a RB2. Just look back through this thread today...he wasn't even looked at as a flex by a lot of guys itt. You're absolutely correct. There were posters who were acting as if he had little value. 

His value changed dramatically when mayfield was the starter. He had 40 yards and 0 tds when Tyrod was the starter today in almost one half of play. His td upside was capped at 1 with Tyrod with their ineffective to move the ball. His first td was basically a gimme after mayfield connected with Landry to be tackled on the 1 yard line.

bottom line, with tyrod as the starter, he was a low end rb2 with limited upside. With mayfield, he’s mid to high rb2 with much more td potential. Now if mayfield looked more for him in the passing game he could be borderline rb1.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pushaZ said:

I would say yes, problem is that savvy owners might play hardball with you and just stash Chubb on their bench. Think Chubbs value increases as well with Hyde's performance as weird as that sounds

I guess I could agree.....but chubb hasn't shown any promise, especially with missing the block assignment to cause a blocked punt

52 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Same.  There were multiple podcasts and sites calling Miller a start of the week.   Maybe he’ll be fine but I don’t expect he’ll put up more than Hyde just did.

But Im not too upset seeing that there is hope for Hyde now.

I agree, it's a good sign to see him producing esp w Baker at pivot, but I was so close to putting him into the game when I heard the news about his baby, and during the first half it certainly looked like the right sit.   I had been trying to trade him for Keenan Allen for the past few days but I couldn't get the owner to bite, that may change now tho...

31 minutes ago, GADirtyBird said:

Love it. TNF has always been good to me. The entire offense looks like it got an upgrade. Makes me feel much better about Hyde going forward.

Yep I was ecstatic when mayfield started zipping passes around.  Then I went to the gym.  Carlos was only at like 50 yards at that point.  Check back in after my workout and I wasn't the least bit surprised. 90 yards and 2 tds.

1 hour ago, pushaZ said:

Never be mad about bench players blowing up.

It's bad Juju

I love it, so happy to be wrong about him tonight. Can’t wait to fire him up against the Las Vegas Raiders next week. Welcome back to the circle of trust, Carlos Hyde!!! B)

1 hour ago, MNadel said:

The people saying "hyde has value NOW" are such noobs.  2 td's in the first two games.. the yardage wasn't great but he averaged 20 freaking touches.  You're just making excuses for benching this beast on the best day of his entire 28 year old life

YPC was sucky under Tyrod tho. Baby or no baby, probably has a much different stat line tonight if Taylor never gets concussed and gives way to Mayfield.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, kraftwrk_5 said:

YPC was sucky under Tyrod tho. Baby or no baby, probably has a much different stat line tonight if Taylor never gets concussed and gives way to Mayfield.

I agree. It was 53 total yds for just under 1 half of play under Tyrod and 45 yds under Mayfield in the 2nd half. But the td opportunities were night and day as the offense actually moved the ball down the field.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tyrod is a non-risk taking, game manager, and Mayfield is a pure winner.  Hyde's going to end up being one of the biggest steals this year with Mayfield now leading this offense.  Good times ahead.

• Like 3

Hyde off to a nice start. I'm hoping those receptions go up with Mayfield, as he can definitely catch the ball and runs great routes. He was 6th for RB's in receptions last season with 65 (more than Melvin Gordon), and is only on pace for 20 this season.

Edited by MrPositive