DerrickHenrysCleats

Kenyan Drake 2018 Outlook

On 8/18/2018 at 11:49 AM, FooserX said:

I have no idea the "hate/bust" on Drake from Matt Berry. I watched the Fins game from last night, and a few things still makes me want to pick him up.

1 - Clearly has breakaway speed. Those 20+ Runs are no fluke. If he hits an opening, he will get chunk yardage.

2 - Tannehill was dumping off and passing to Drake a lot. Really good value for PPR imo.

3 - Was being used as the #1 back. He'd only come out after a really long run, but they had him in there for all situations.

Would love to get this guy as a back up RB or flex player.

If Berry hates him, I may need to move him up a bit in my rankings...

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Interesting fact, only Alvin Kamara and Kareem Hunt outperformed their teammates’ YPC more than Drake did last season. 

8 minutes ago, Chardo said:

Interesting fact, only Alvin Kamara and Kareem Hunt outperformed their teammates’ YPC more than Drake did last season. 

(preface - YES, I KNOW YOU ARE NOT SAYING COFFEE CAKES IS AS GOOD AS KAMARA/HUNT)

interesting fact epilogue ...

the other two RBs mentioned finished #3 and #4 in magick foosball points - both are on high powered offenses, rife with talent, and coached by (arguably) the two greatest offensive minded HCs in the league. 

oh, and no 35 yr olds breathing down their necks ... nor any ill-tempered, concussed Blancmange drafted by either team.  

10 minutes ago, Chardo said:

More interesting facts:

Kenyan Drake led the league in rushing after Week 13, and only Alvin Kamara topped Drake in elusive rating last season, according to Pro Football Focus.

• Like 5

Drake, along with Henry, have been rising on my mental board over the last week or so - with Collins falling a bit.

I don't see Gore getting more than 100-150 carries, and Ballage never popped in college for a reason - for all his physical talent, he's not a great football player.

Drake, if healthy all year, should get a minimum of 250 touches (# pulled out of thin air) - he can be a top 20 RB with that workload.

16 minutes ago, SadFaceHappy said:

Drake, along with Henry, have been rising on my mental board over the last week or so - with Collins falling a bit.

I don't see Gore getting more than 100-150 carries, and Ballage never popped in college for a reason - for all his physical talent, he's not a great football player.

Drake, if healthy all year, should get a minimum of 250 touches (# pulled out of thin air) - he can be a top 20 RB with that workload.

I think Henry and Collins will likely have a similar volume of touches - Buck Allen and/or Kenneth Dixon are likely to steal a few from Collins.  I am thinking about 230-240 total touches for those guys

I think Drake could be looking at more that 260-270 touch range due to his increased role in the passing game. 

With a fully healthy season, I could see something like - 235 carries, 987 yards, 44 receptions, 374 yards, 9 total TD's

Edited by PolarBear
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, PolarBear said:

I think Henry and Collins will likely have a similar volume of touches - Buck Allen and/or Kenneth Dixon are likely to steal a few from Collins.  I am thinking about 230-240 total touches for those guys

I think Drake could be looking at more that 260-270 touch range due to his increased role in the passing game. 

With a fully healthy season, I could see something like - 235 carries, 987 yards, 44 receptions, 374 yards, 9 total TD's

Drake's gonna rush for over a thousand. You can bank on that

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, PolarBear said:

In regards to your projection, in 2017 only 7 backs eclipsed your total yds projection for Drake. Are you saying that Drake is a top 10 back worthy of a first round choice? Gore is not a liability in the passing game so don't expect Drake to have exclusivity in the passing game.

Edited by nonstopfan

7 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Drake's gonna rush for over a thousand. You can bank on that

Oooof. Not with our O-Line. Plus, defenses will be overstacking because of Tannehill. I want to believe though.

I'm happy about Sutton. PFF loves him too in pass protection. Might be the saving grace.

Edited by Trench Mob

30 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

In regards to your projection, in 2017 only 7 backs eclipsed your total yds projection for Drake. Are you saying that Drake is a top 10 back worthy of a first round choice? Gore is not a liability in the passing game so don't expect Drake to have exclusivity in the passing game.

Projections don't account for injury.  You have to assume for the most part that every player is playing 16 games. 

31 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

Oooof. Not with our O-Line. Plus, defenses will be overstacking because of Tannehill. I want to believe though.

I'm happy about Sutton. PFF loves him too in pass protection. Might be the saving grace.

I got Drake averaging 4.2 YPC because of this fact. The O-line is improved but it was horrible last year.  

Just now, PolarBear said:

I got Drake averaging 4.2 YPC because of this fact. The O-line is improved but it was horrible last year.  

Optimism.

3.8 YPC seems about fair for me. I still think we're gonna be in the bottom 20 still. But if horrible to below average is the ceiling for the unit, I'll take it.

We see though.

2 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

Optimism.

3.8 YPC seems about fair for me. I still think we're gonna be in the bottom 20 still. But if horrible to below average is the ceiling for the unit, I'll take it.

We see though.

Drake's ypc so far in the NFL is nearly 5.0

3.8 ypc is extremely low IMO. 

2 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

Optimism.

We see though.

Check out Drake's jump cuts and spin moves. He will be fine even without a top 10 Oline.

Drake is a phenomenal pass catcher too, basically played a wr/RB hybrid at Alabama. Hard to say matchup proof but he is a back with WR hands, RB jukes, and pass pro chops to boot 

39 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

In regards to your projection, in 2017 only 7 backs eclipsed your total yds projection for Drake. Are you saying that Drake is a top 10 back worthy of a first round choice? 

He never said that and you know it.  No one is saying he is worthy of a 1st round choice. C'mon man.

Having said that, he had a great finish to the year last year and maybe he just keeps it up going into this year. He does have a great chance to out produce his current ADP

Drake is a league winner pick.  Gore is not real competition, they may start the year giving the ball to Gore some, but Drake's talent is too great to ignore.  Frank Gore is at the end of the line, he hasn't averaged over 4.0 ypc since 2014.  This is an Adrian Peterson situation from last year all over again.  AP got some carries for the Saints the first couple games, but it was readily apparent the other running backs were a lot better.  Same thing will happen here.

9 minutes ago, simanium said:

Drake is a league winner pick.  Gore is not real competition, they may start the year giving the ball to Gore some, but Drake's talent is too great to ignore.  Frank Gore is at the end of the line, he hasn't averaged over 4.0 ypc since 2014.  This is an Adrian Peterson situation from last year all over again.  AP got some carries for the Saints the first couple games, but it was readily apparent the other running backs were a lot better.  Same thing will happen here.

I honestly think it's in the range of outcomes for Drake that he could finish a solid RB1 and swing a league, the dude is obviously extremely talented. He does come with a fairly significate injury history, and I don't trust the Dolphins coaching staff. The upside is so great though, that it may be worth it just to draft him and see how it goes.

Frank Gore had 1200+ combined Rushing & Receiving yards last year for the 12th season in a row. Is isn't always pretty, and it wasn't the most effective, but he still gets it done. People have been predicting his fantasy football death for like 7 years now and he just never goes away. One of these years father time will completely level him. It defies all logic that he's still going strong playing RB at his age, but maybe the cliff is this year?

Drake is definitely a polarizing pick this year.

He only costs you a 4th round pick. It’s not like you need to use a 1 or 2 on him. I don’t think many RBs in that area provide the upside he does besides Freeman 

19 hours ago, Lamont Sanford said:

Isn’t this simply the writer Armando Salguero’s take on the situation? There’s no quote from Gase in that article regarding Drake/Gore, unless I’m missing something. And all Salguero is saying is what we already know, both Drake and Gore will be used. Not much of a revelation there.

Exactly. Yes it is just his take, and no it isn't a revelation.

This Salguero guy appears to be singularly uninformed. My mom could do better than him.

For example, this is what he wrote on the TEs:

Tight end is an interesting spot because rookies Mike Gesicki and Durham Smythe are on the team. Veteran MarQueis Gray also seems likely to make the team. Does the team keep an extra tight end? Unsettled.

Yeah thanks for the info, Sal. I'm sure there's a Pullizer in it somewhere.

And based on this guy we are expected to know anything about Drake vs Gore? 

oprah.gif

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Blu Exile said:

I honestly think it's in the range of outcomes for Drake that he could finish a solid RB1 and swing a league, the dude is obviously extremely talented. He does come with a fairly significate injury history, and I don't trust the Dolphins coaching staff. The upside is so great though, that it may be worth it just to draft him and see how it goes.

Frank Gore had 1200+ combined Rushing & Receiving yards last year for the 12th season in a row. Is isn't always pretty, and it wasn't the most effective, but he still gets it done. People have been predicting his fantasy football death for like 7 years now and he just never goes away. One of these years father time will completely level him. It defies all logic that he's still going strong playing RB at his age, but maybe the cliff is this year?

Drake is definitely a polarizing pick this year.

He had a broken ankle 4 years ago, and a broken arm 3 years ago.  Both healed with no residual effect.  As far as NFL players go, that's a pretty insignificant medical history.  

I have the #2 pick in a team team league, and really want Drake on my team. 

Is there anyone who puts him in the same category as Mixon/MicKinnon/Freeman?

Watching him, I feel like he belongs in that group, but he's rated in a tier below. New to FF, but these are just "Ratings" right? Anyone is capable of exceeding them...

man this guy was a stud. really put me into the playoffs. not convinced about his every game stats tho - a lot of big plays factored into his performance. unlikely he'll have the same number of high-point plays again

31 minutes ago, bbconair said:

man this guy was a stud. really put me into the playoffs. not convinced about his every game stats tho - a lot of big plays factored into his performance. unlikely he'll have the same number of high-point plays again

Why unlikely?  He's been a big play guy since freshman year of college.  Last year was nothing new.  If he's on the field, he's a big play threat.