DerrickHenrysCleats

Kenyan Drake 2018 Outlook

1 hour ago, FooserX said:

I have the #2 pick in a team team league, and really want Drake on my team. 

Is there anyone who puts him in the same category as Mixon/MicKinnon/Freeman?

Watching him, I feel like he belongs in that group, but he's rated in a tier below. New to FF, but these are just "Ratings" right? Anyone is capable of exceeding them...

Indeed.   If Drake gets the lions share of touches he’ll destroy his ADP.   You can easily make a case he should be in the tier you referenced.

The risk of him being timeshared or Gase doing something idiotic like putting Gore in regularly inside the 10-  is baked into his slightly depressed price.     

Edited by Impreza178
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

Even as a fins fan, I'm paranoid, though I'd like to see gore take over the reigns and put on a decent campaign this season

Hey you don’t say that!

Edited by Hops
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

Even as a fins fan, I'm paranoid, though I'd like to see gore take over the reigns and put on a decent campaign this season

*I own Drake in one league*

Why on Earth would you like Gore to take over the reigns as a Dolphins fan?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Impreza178 said:

Indeed.   If Drake gets the lions share of touches he’ll destroy his ADP.   You can easily make a case he should be in the tier you referenced.

The risk of him being timeshared or Gase doing something idiotic like putting Gore in regularly inside the 10-  is baked into his slightly depressed price.     

Thanks for the confirmation.

on the 2/3 turn, it's that 3rd tier of backs, and a WR....so I am really considering going RB-RB-RB...just to get Drake. 

A lot of the Mocks I do Drake is still available at the end of the 4th for me, but I just don't see that happening in my real draft. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, FooserX said:

Watching him, I feel like he belongs in that group, but he's rated in a tier below. New to FF, but these are just "Ratings" right? Anyone is capable of exceeding them...

I put him in the 7th round. 

3 hours ago, ShowStopper said:

Drake is a baller. I was down on him before but his talent is too good. I could see him being top ten back in ppr

I agree. He has looked exceptional this preseason.

36 yard catch and 30 yard run today. Continuing to feel better about drafting this guy.

7 hours ago, FooserX said:

Two things:

- Gase

- Miami oLine

Both together are enough reasons to downgrade Drake a full round, and it's another example to me why you don't just look to talent, but also situation.

When Gase gets fired (seriously, that should be when, not if - why does this guy still have a job?) I'll upgrade him.

• Like 2

I’m thinking about going all in on Drake. Gase wants the RBs to be apart of the passing game, and I think off that alone, Drake & his big play ability will break off a crazy catch & run a game. I have Shady and the Drake owner in my league wants him, I’m about to see what’s shaking. 

On 2018-08-13 at 2:52 PM, Big Nate said:

I could see Gore getting some carries and vulturing a few TDs.  Drake though can score from 60+ yards out and is a threat if he can get in the open field.

Ballage can't even stay in the huddle, or hold on to the ball. He has a long way to go.

Question is this - Drake the third down back? What type of receptions might we see?  He had 29 receptions in the last half of the season.  If he can get a similar target share for the whole season it will greatly increase his value, even if Gore steals some 1-2nd down carries.  Heck, Williams stole multiple series from Drake last year and Drake still produced.

A time share with Gore might not be as bad as some think.... but it does make one wonder what could Drake do with 20+ touches each game.

When you draft Drake your email basically relying on him getting plenty of catches for him to give you value.

Miami is likely going to be trailing in a lot of their games. There also usually aren’t a lot of hugely productive RBs on terrible teams. Of all the sub .500 teams last year, the only RBs who had nice seasons were Drake, Duke Johnson, Lamar Miller, Chris Thompson, Carlos Hyde, Jordan Howard.

With that said, I look at David Johnson in 2016 who had a ridiculous year on a sub 500 team. Could Drake be David Johnson-lite? Definitely a lot less TDs but he could do 800 yards on the ground and 600 through the air. I could easily see him getting that based on his talent/tape. 

4 minutes ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

When you draft Drake your email basically relying on him getting plenty of catches for him to give you value.

Miami is likely going to be trailing in a lot of their games. There also usually aren’t a lot of hugely productive RBs on terrible teams. Of all the sub .500 teams last year, the only RBs who had nice seasons were Drake, Duke Johnson, Lamar Miller, Chris Thompson, Carlos Hyde, Jordan Howard.

With that said, I look at David Johnson in 2016 who had a ridiculous year on a sub 500 team. Could Drake be David Johnson-lite? Definitely a lot less TDs but he could do 800 yards on the ground and 600 through the air. I could easily see him getting that based on his talent/tape. 

I wonder about that.  They were a playoff team 2 years ago, then struggled last year without their QB.  This year they have games against NE, MIN, JAX and GB.  Every other game is a beatable opponent, with only 2 of their first 11 games against playoff teams from last year.  I think they will be in more close games than you realize.

21 minutes ago, Chardo said:

I wonder about that.  They were a playoff team 2 years ago, then struggled last year without their QB.  This year they have games against NE, MIN, JAX and GB.  Every other game is a beatable opponent, with only 2 of their first 11 games against playoff teams from last year.  I think they will be in more close games than you realize.

I only see 4-12 or 5-11 on the horizon. Maybe.

Sweep the Bills, split against the Jets, beat the Lions, and maybe the Raiders. But that's why they play the game. We'll see.

2 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

I only see 4-12 or 5-11 on the horizon. Maybe.

Sweep the Bills, split against the Jets, beat the Lions, and maybe the Raiders. But that's why they play the game. We'll see.

CIN, CHI, HOU, IND, TEN are also games that should be close.  That's the point.  I don't see this MIA team trailing big in a lot of games.  

28 minutes ago, Chardo said:

CIN, CHI, HOU, IND, TEN are also games that should be close.  That's the point.  I don't see this MIA team trailing big in a lot of games.  

I agree. People acting like it's going to be a season of getting blown out. We had 6 wins with Jay Cutler as our QB and lost only Suh and Landry really.

Drake has looked amazing this preseason. Gase had to sit him down after that camp fight to tell him, "get it together I need you on the field." He also just told reporters in an interview he wants to get Drake on as many linebacker mismatches as he can as a receiver this year (MNF against Pats this past year...). He also said if they are close he would love to give him 15-20 carries. THEY NEED DRAKE TO WIN FOOTBALL GAMES. Bottom line. Gase is fighting for his job, he isn't going to let Frank Gore carry his lunch with that terrible YPC last season.

People love CMAC but Anderson is much better than Frank Gore is and literally no one complains about his "situation". Just because Gase doesn't come right out and tell people Drake is going to get "25-30 touches a game" people won't draft him. People are so scared of Gore and Miami's coaching staff but haven't watched Drake this preseason. Our offensive line is MUCH upgraded and Drake can literally score from anywhere.

He is a top 12 back this year if healthy. No doubt about it.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Pooskay said:

MIA is horrible. Stay away from that team

Your point? There are top 24 RBs on bad teams every single year and last year even had a couple in the top 12.

1 hour ago, Chardo said:

CIN maybe, CHI blowout, HOU blowout if their injured guys come back 100%, IND maybe, depends on luck, TEN blowout are also games that should be close.  That's the point.  I don't see this MIA team trailing big in a lot of games.  

FTFY

1 hour ago, Chardo said:

HOU and IND will win easily if the QBs are healthy. TEN should win easily as well. CHI is improved as well. Obviously, they won’t get blown out by every team but 4 of the 5 teams above should be drastically improved offensively.

8 minutes ago, Pooskay said:

MIA is horrible. Stay away from that team

As a fins fan yes, I don't think MIA will do that great this year.  But that doesn't mean they won't have some worthwhile fantasy players on their team. 

Drake is the most talented RB on that team. Gore is on his last stint, one last hurrah before he retires. He wanted to finish his career in MIA. He was born in Miami, he went to college in Miami and that is where he is finishing his career.  

As a multiple Drake owner this year I'm not to worried about Gore.  Any RB after the top guys are splitting carries with other RBs.  The difference is, Drake is the most talented back on that team. He can be a 3-down back if they wanted him to. But they also want to keep him fresh and not over work him.  Gore will get some carries and likely vulture some TDs as the goal line but as I said before - watch Drake's film from last year.  Harris finally watched Drake's film and was shocked.

Drake can score from anywhere, and he can also get work in the passing game.  In standard he is going around RB22 and I will take that everyday. I think he is priced correctly for his situation.

I expect Drake to pick up where he carried off last year.

tenor.gif?itemid=10494514

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, munde53 said:

Your point? There are top 24 RBs on bad teams every single year and last year even had a couple in the top 12.

Your better off landing a RB (or WR) who's red zone looks are greater than that of MIA's

1 minute ago, Big Nate said:

I expect Drake to pick up where he carried off last year.

tenor.gif?itemid=10494514

based on what I'm seeing in preseason, I'm not seeing that same Drake.

Could be wrong though - it's only preseason.