DerrickHenrysCleats

Kenyan Drake 2018 Outlook

58 minutes ago, psygolf said:

We all draft based on the projections of the upcoming season...you posted a stat that has a 99% chance of regressing,  nothing more, nothing less.

not sure why you guys are arguing on that topic, if anything, argue on whether or not his carries will go up because that's what'll make up for the regression in efficiency listed on the earlier graphic. 

1 hour ago, frog34 said:

Like him as solid RB2 around the 3/4 turn, maybe even late 4th if you got lucky. He is a good bet to break quite a few home runs, and winning your week. He will be active in the checkdown game, assuming the Fins play from behind very often, so a nice floor too.

Only thing I question are TDs. Will Gore be the designated goal line RB? Would be happy if they at least split goal line duties. On a more positive note, I think Drake could make up for a potential lack of goal line carries with scores from further out in the red zone.

His dynamic style and game breaking ability remind me of young slasher Darren McFadden.

not that clear if really relevant to Gore himself or the Colts last year but I noticed he had "0" goal line rushes last year and 1 rush within 5 yards (he scored) which accounted for 11% of the teams carries within the 5 yard line (if I'm reading PFR correctly). 

Edited by JSA2422
  • Like 1

Drake went pick #25 at the 2/3 turn last night in a 12 team redraft.  I wanted him at pick #32, but settled on Lamar Miller.  I personally preferred Alex Collins (both were on the board, Royce Freemen went #28), but my buddy and I settled on Miller who he liked a touch more.  RB's went quick and by pick 35 most of the more reliable backs were gone.

1 hour ago, JSA2422 said:

not sure why you guys are arguing on that topic, if anything, argue on whether or not his carries will go up because that's what'll make up for the regression in efficiency listed on the earlier graphic. 

I agree completely...which is why he's on 100% of my team.

• Like 1

As a fins fan I'm not too optimistic on the team this year but if Tannehill and Drake can stay healthy this year Drake will put up good numbers.  I can see a number of dump/short passes to Drake happening as Landry is now gone and Tannehill can be risk adverse sometimes.  Hopefully he takes more deep shots to Stills but I think Amendola has a sneaky shot to be relevant in PPR and Drake as they will get a decent number of targets each game.

People can complain and say how crappy the fins will be... fine with me, but if Drake gets similar touches as he did down the stretch hes going to be very productive.

• Like 2

The Fins had the worst O-line in the league last year. It wasn't even close.

How much can you really expect from Drake with boxes constantly stacked?

3 hours ago, dicka24 said:

Drake went pick #25 at the 2/3 turn last night in a 12 team redraft.  I wanted him at pick #32, but settled on Lamar Miller.  I personally preferred Alex Collins (both were on the board, Royce Freemen went #28), but my buddy and I settled on Miller who he liked a touch more.  RB's went quick and by pick 35 most of the more reliable backs were gone.

Do auction and not worry about this. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dkrocka said:

And Drake still produced...

I'm not sure I follow.  And the games the fins play from behind Drake will be catching screen passes and dumpoffs because Tannehill is like Alex Smith - risk adverse to throwing downfield.

12 hours ago, dkrocka said:

Ah, the classic “bias based on last season” argument. You know Miami upgraded their offensive line this offseason and it’s 10x better than what it was, right?

I bit the bullet and picked up Drake this year. I liked what I saw last year and as mentioned above, MIA made some huge improvements on the line. All aboard!

I keep reading all the matchup start/sit articles. And Drake is considered by most, a must start, over guys like McCoy. I dunno man. Still think it’s best to wait and see. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mdw5048 said:

Ah, the classic “bias based on last season” argument. You know Miami upgraded their offensive line this offseason and it’s 10x better than what it was, right?

Kilgore sucked last year, and swapping Pouncey for Sitton from a talent level perspective doesn't add anything.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/fantasy-football-2017-best-offensive-lines-in-yards-before-contact

Take a look at this chart. .5 YBC(yards before contact). With the rest of the league falling between .9 and 1.8. In a game of inches... Miami's O-line is more than a foot behind the next worst team in the league. 

So yeah, Drake is very talented, but in terms of situation and opportunity he has a very tall mountain to climb.

Probably going with Drake over Conner. Drake looked good last year and looked solid in preseason. He should still bust a few big gains. 60-70 yards rushing 30 yards receiving maybe a TD??

Gore will probably go for a bout 40 yards..

3 minutes ago, tpat30 said:

Probably going with Drake over Conner. Drake looked good last year and looked solid in preseason. He should still bust a few big gains. 60-70 yards rushing 30 yards receiving maybe a TD??

Gore will probably go for a bout 40 yards..

Im putting in both Drake and Connor (FLEX) (PPR). It will be interesting to see how Drake does with a crappy Oline... let's hope it's improved..

He's busted off a couple long runs in limited preseason snaps. I know it's the preseason, but I'm assuming it was with his starting O-line against two first-team defenses and good ones at that (Ravens and Titans). Maybe I'm wrong. Either way, he can make your week with that one long run and that's what I'm banking on. I really don't have another alternative anyway. No one's expecting bell cow usage. 15 rushes and a handful of catches, with Gore sprinkling in the tough, short-yardage runs to keep Drake fresh sounds ideal. 

And until I see otherwise, Buffalo owns the worst O-line in the game. The Bengals turned Josh Allen into their own personal pinata a couple weeks ago. 

• Haha 1

Just now, cincythunder said:

time split with gore is very concerning

Not really. He's clearly the lead back. This was a really weird game. Stills had a 75 yard TD. Grant had a return TD. The Dolphins had another short field after a pick with a long return. 

The Dolphins just didn't run many plays on offense. Easily could have had 20-25 touches today

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 touches, but you know what you're getting with this guy. Need the big gain out of him to be really valuable. Still a start for me next week. 

Tannehill could've hit him in the flats on a few throws but thought he was Favre after the bomb to Stills and kept airing it out deep. 

I was excited to see how this guy would do today but I feel like it was such a weird game that you can’t really draw any conclusions.

• Like 3

This game goes into the garbage can. Wish I could delete it from my memory; total train wreck.

Positive: Tannehill looks comfortable. 

1 minute ago, Joeklebba said:

I was excited to see how this guy would do today but I feel like it was such a weird game that you can’t really draw any conclusions.

Same

Can't blame me for starting him over Conner, but might start Conner next week. Hated those 3 yards losses at the end. Looks some much needed points away from me...no point per yard...point per 10.

Yeah it was a weird game but it's still looking like a 60/40 split with Gore imo. Drake had 14 carries to Gore's 9 and Gore had a better YPC with a 21 yard run

Lets hope Drakes usage in the passing game takes off.