Flyers_28

Mike Evans 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

1 hour ago, acidafterburn said:

I'm getting offered Mike Evans for OBJ and i'm so close to pulling the trigger but the only thing holding me back is that OBJ's Week 14-16 schedule looks better since Evans faces the Ravens.

I'll take Evans all day over Beckham, it's not even close

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, raidaz18 said:

Agreed, Eli ruins ODB IMO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Buddha said:

Eli has always been his QB though...  As an Evans owner I'd trade him for obj in one second.  This is just recency bias at its finest.

3 minutes ago, HarambeLives said:

How has Evans value changed now that Jameis is throwing him the ball?

With the Fitzmagic mania over I think the entire offense takes a little bit of a hit since it is unlikely Bucs will be scoring as much as they did and getting as many pass yards as they did during those first 2-3 games when Fitzpatrick was playing out of his mind. Evans as the top target takes the least hit of anybody and he has been a WR1 before with Winston so I don't think there is any cause for concern. Maybe a slight slip to the back half of the WR1 conversation but nothing considerable imo. Bucs defense is still a sieve and I don't think Jones will improve their running game much so they'll still be throwing a ton. 

1 hour ago, HarambeLives said:

How has Evans value changed now that Jameis is throwing him the ball?

They say Evans was Jameis favorite target before whereas Fitz was spreading the ball more so it might average out if not slightly decline until Jameis knocks the rust off.

11 minutes ago, TrueToTheBlue said:

I’m concerned. Lots of competition for targets and Winston is spreading it around

It was a good run while it lasted. 

This guy costed me hundreds in DFS. This was a perfect matchup, and he's been historically dominant versus Atlanta. Fantasy is so weird.

Edited by Singing in Dwayne

Sigh...well that was disappointing. 

Totally forgot there are so many mouths to feed on the Bucs.

7 hours ago, Singing in Dwayne said:

This guy costed me hundreds in DFS. This was a perfect matchup, and he's been historically dominant versus Atlanta. Fantasy is so weird.

DFS is a carnival game. 

On 10/5/2018 at 7:31 PM, Kyle87 said:

Eli has always been his QB though...  As an Evans owner I'd trade him for obj in one second.  This is just recency bias at its finest.

True, but Eli is getting worse every year that he doesn't retire.

Yeah I may have gotten a bit carried away with Evans...Season low in catches, targets and yards and has less yards combined in the past 2 games than he average over the first 3. I mean a drop off from those crazy Fitzmagic games the first 3 weeks was to be expected but its easy to think this could be his new normal now. The reality likely lies somewhere in the middle of his first 3 weeks and his past 2 but his stock is definitely dropping. Looking more like a borderline WR1 (which I guess is basically what he was drafted as). Luckily Winston will have to throw a ton with that Bucs defense and if not for 2 picks in the RZ the mood could be very different in here. 

• Like 1

Yea the problem is too many mouths to feed, and Howard and Godwin seem to be getting just as many looks as Evans in the red zone. Evans Godwin Howard and Jackson all getting looks, Evans only had 5 targets in a game they threw a ton. I’m not sure if the Falcons were trying to scheme to take him away, but I’m certainly concerned. It may take an injury to one or two of the other receiving options I mentioned for him to get back to locked in WR1 status. 

I don’t see a lot of long plays in Evans’s future. Winston doesn’t throw a great deep ball. He’s a chain-mover & spreads it around. Evans might have 1-2 more 100 yds games, but he’s gonna average about 5-70 ROS, with maybe 4-5 more TD’s. Losing Fitz hurt his value a lot

You won't stop the Bucs offense effectively if you just take Evans away. They have too many legit receiving weapons to shift a safety towards Evans all the time. The most important thing is that he's healthy, running crisp routes and catching all catchable balls thrown to him, correcting his drop issue from last season. All while in an offense that has to air it out because their defense sucks. You are way too low on him right now because of a couple of middling weeks.

Godwin-djax-brate-howard-humprhies-Evans. this team is stocked with pass catchers and anyone of them can get open and have a big game. I find it hard to reliably predict Evans production

• Haha 1

maybe it was just gameplan specific vs atlanta since they are weak in the middle of the field...that combined with jameis' love for his TE's may put a dent in ROS prospects for evans

12 minutes ago, purpdrankplaya said:

How does everyone feel about him ROS? Had a nice game on Sunday.

Target hog with huge garbage time potential as long as Jameis isn't helplessly urinating himself.

On 10/5/2018 at 9:20 PM, Buddha said:

Wrong. OBJ > Evans. Difference is the YAC.

On 10/5/2018 at 8:20 PM, raidaz18 said:

Beckham > Evans.