Savatage79

Kareem Hunt 2018 Outlook

Recommended Posts

mmqb-kareem-hunt-kcne.jpg

272 carriers for 1327 rush yards, 455 receiving yards, 4.9 average and 11 TDs is not bad for the fact that it seemed Reid stopped using him mid season for some reason. 

What are you guys expecting this year, especially now with the loss of Smith who really seemed to make a turn in keeping those defenses honest down field, do you see them making Hunt the focal point of this offense? 

He was such a great commodity this season, absolutely loved having him on my team.

So what do you guys project for Hunt this upcoming season? 

Edited by Savatage79

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two concerns: 

 

1. Nagy is gone, leaving Reid in charge of playcalling -- he never fed Hunt as a bellcow

2. Return of Ware -- Reid may give him enough of a role to frustrate Hunt owners

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I have the ability to keep hunt next year for $23 in a 12 team PPR auction draft.. most likely won't. Reid is poison for Hunt's usage. Look at  game logs when Chiefs lost those games in the middle of the season.. Hunt barely got his touches.. anyways.. I expect Hunt to not hold his value next season going in round 1. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Savatage79 said:

What are you guys expecting this year,

 

Like the last two years for KC RB1, I expect a huge game early in the season, probably against LAC, probably catches a long touch down, then a lot of 13-15 carry games down the stretch where we ache and scream about Reid misusing him.  I expect West continues to get 90pc of third downs and all the two minute drills. That's if Reid is calling plays. 

 

Throw out the first three games of 2017 when KC and Hunt caught the league off guard.  After that, Hunt was volume dependent, and he didn't get a ton of it when Reid was calling plays. 

 

If healthy all year I think he ends as a low end RB1 with a lot of frustrating games. 

Edited by Lord_Varys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lord_Varys said:

 

Like the last two years for KC RB1, I expect a huge game early in the season, probably against LAC, probably catches a long touch down, then a lot of 13-15 carry games down the stretch where we ache and scream about Reid misusing him.  I expect West continues to get 90pc of third downs and all the two minute drills. That's if Reid is calling plays. 

 

Throw out the first three games of 2017 when KC and Hunt caught the league off guard.  After that, Hunt was volume dependent, and he didn't get a ton of it when Reid was calling plays. 

 

If healthy all year I think he ends as a low end RB1 with a lot of frustrating games. 

 

Why would you ever do this?

 

"If you take out his great games, he's not a great player". Classic Rotoworld logic. SMH

 

Despite the pitfalls of Reid last year, Hunt is still Brian Westbrook 2.0, which means he's a top-5 PPR RB. Just not #1 because Reid won't give him 25-30 touches/game like Nagy did. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, joshua18 said:

 

Why would you ever do this?

 

"If you take out his great games, he's not a great player". Classic Rotoworld logic. SMH

 

Despite the pitfalls of Reid last year, Hunt is still Brian Westbrook 2.0, which means he's a top-5 PPR RB. Just not #1 because Reid won't give him 25-30 touches/game like Nagy did. 

 

Agreed.  I hate when guys say lets throw out games.  Lets just go throw the top 4 games for every player.  Because they just got lucky in those games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A 19-year-old woman has accused Kareem Hunt of "shoving and pushing" her in downtown Cleveland over the weekend.

The alleged incident occurred at 3:45 AM on Saturday morning. No charges have been filed yet. Another woman who was with Hunt and his friends at the time claims 19-year-old Abigail Ottinger assaulted her, instigating the melee. One police report lists Hunt as a suspect, and another police report lists Ottinger as the suspect, meaning there is a "cross complaint." The group was reportedly together on a party bus in downtown Cleveland. Hunt's friend told police they kicked girls out of his apartment when they learned they were only 19. Hunt's friend also said Ottinger called them "racial slurs" when told to leave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't shove or push women, but ehhhh. Seems like a no story on Hunt's part.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Flyers_28 said:

A 19-year-old woman has accused Kareem Hunt of "shoving and pushing" her in downtown Cleveland over the weekend.

The alleged incident occurred at 3:45 AM on Saturday morning. No charges have been filed yet. Another woman who was with Hunt and his friends at the time claims 19-year-old Abigail Ottinger assaulted her, instigating the melee. One police report lists Hunt as a suspect, and another police report lists Ottinger as the suspect, meaning there is a "cross complaint." The group was reportedly together on a party bus in downtown Cleveland. Hunt's friend told police they kicked girls out of his apartment when they learned they were only 19. Hunt's friend also said Ottinger called them "racial slurs" when told to leave.

Just sounds like a bunch worthless drama. I mean he could have slightly turned around and bumped into someone and the way people are these days they will try to spin into something. Unless someone can truly say he aggressively pushed or shoved a woman with force I say there's nothing to talk about. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing good ever happens that late outside. This is a non-story though. Reminds me of the McCoy party incident where they were only looking for hot women under a certain age or something like that. haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One idea what could be good for Kareem: Stop partying with 19 year-olds.

 

Pretty dumb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, devaster said:

Nothing good ever happens that late outside. This is a non-story though. Reminds me of the McCoy party incident where they were only looking for hot women under a certain age or something like that. haha

 

downloadpng-d565aa21b37aa25d.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

One idea what could be good for Kareem: Stop partying with 19 year-olds.

 

Pretty dumb.

the report says that when hunt found out they were only 19 he asked her or them to leave thats when the assault on "hunts girl friend" took place so hunt pushed and shoved the alledged victim ?????thats when the"slurs" occurred????best watch this one out......elliott thought nothing of it either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm guessing Hunt got pretty violent / aggressive and was drunk or high or something and to cover his tracks got one of his friends to try to flip it on the girls he got aggressive with. 

 

Generally from what I've seen when one side starts accusing the other of using "racial slurs" they are just grasping for straws to justify the behavior. 

 

This has no chance of holding up in court, but the real worry is Roger Goodell deciding to look deeper into this. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

I'm guessing Hunt got pretty violent / aggressive and was drunk or high or something and to cover his tracks got one of his friends to try to flip it on the girls he got aggressive with. 

 

Generally from what I've seen when one side starts accusing the other of using "racial slurs" they are just grasping for straws to justify the behavior. 

 

This has no chance of holding up in court, but the real worry is Roger Goodell deciding to look deeper into this. 

I am just curious, where do you deem he was "pretty violent and aggressive"?  I mean unless there is some other report I didn't see, just wondering how you'd come to that conclusion even if it's a guess. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, not an nfl scout said:

the report says that when hunt found out they were only 19 he asked her or them to leave thats when the assault on "hunts girl friend" took place so hunt pushed and shoved the alledged victim ?????thats when the"slurs" occurred????best watch this one out......elliott thought nothing of it either.

Elliot also had 3 or 4 other incidents.  Hunt doesn't strike me as that dumb.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Savatage79 said:

I am just curious, where do you deem he was "pretty violent and aggressive"?  I mean unless there is some other report I didn't see, just wondering how you'd come to that conclusion even if it's a guess. 

 

http://www.tmz.com/2018/02/12/chiefs-kareem-hunt-police-report/

 

"That's when a woman with Hunt's group came outside and told the accuser and her friend to go home. Kareem allegedly came out next and "shoved and pushed her" in an attempt to shoo her home. 

 

The accuser claims she suffered cuts and bruises to her knee, hand and chest."

Sounds like the kind of thing that wouldn't even be a police report if there wasn't an NFL player involved.

If Kareem's friends made him play the heavy, he needs new friends.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Iron-cock said:

 

http://www.tmz.com/2018/02/12/chiefs-kareem-hunt-police-report/

 

"That's when a woman with Hunt's group came outside and told the accuser and her friend to go home. Kareem allegedly came out next and "shoved and pushed her" in an attempt to shoo her home. 

 

The accuser claims she suffered cuts and bruises to her knee, hand and chest."

Sounds like the kind of thing that wouldn't even be a police report if there wasn't an NFL player involved.

If Kareem's friends made him play the heavy, he needs new friends.

 

 

Seriously. Why does no one listen to Cris Carter. Everyone needs a fall guy. And an enforcer at that. None of these athletes should be forced to handle any of this on their own with their celebrity. That's a really weak entourage IMO. 

 

If the NFL was based on a court of law I wouldn't even bat an eye at this, but we've seen just how "vigilant" Roger can be, and that has me worried a bit for Hunt. 

 

I'm 100% not trading for him and really hope he gets the all clear from the NFL before draft day happens otherwise I might be targeting Spencer Ware. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, JoeJoe88 said:

What's wrong with 19 year olds?

 

It’s really easy to get ticketed for providing alcohol to minors is what

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Savatage79 said:

I am just curious, where do you deem he was "pretty violent and aggressive"?  I mean unless there is some other report I didn't see, just wondering how you'd come to that conclusion even if it's a guess. 

 

something somethig inmates

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Iron-cock said:

 

http://www.tmz.com/2018/02/12/chiefs-kareem-hunt-police-report/

 

"That's when a woman with Hunt's group came outside and told the accuser and her friend to go home. Kareem allegedly came out next and "shoved and pushed her" in an attempt to shoo her home. 

 

The accuser claims she suffered cuts and bruises to her knee, hand and chest."

Sounds like the kind of thing that wouldn't even be a police report if there wasn't an NFL player involved.

If Kareem's friends made him play the heavy, he needs new friends.

 

 

I think I witnessed this happen about 3000 times on my college campus. queue blacked out female screaming outside of a building in the wee hours 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Savatage79 said:

I am just curious, where do you deem he was "pretty violent and aggressive"?  I mean unless there is some other report I didn't see, just wondering how you'd come to that conclusion even if it's a guess. 

This is a pretty crazy assumption for sure. Nothing in his history shows 'violence', and this story is fishy. Seems like a fight break up and when people get pissed, they might get a little hurt. Seem like someone trying to take advantage of their own stupidity since a rich celebrity is involved. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.