Savatage79

Kareem Hunt 2018 Outlook

I'm not going to lie. AR making me real nervous.

Guys like Westbrook, McCoy, Ware and Hunt (2017) flourished in AR's offenses due to limited QB play (McNabb and Smith). 

If he believes Mahomes is the 2nd coming, who knows how much he shares with Hunt.

Lol, Patrick Mahomes won't be throwing 4 touchdowns every game boys. Just wait till he starts throwing interceptions, this offense will come back down to earth real quick.

I own no shares in Hunt.  But to be worried over one game is ridiculous.  I would actually be encourage.  SD challenged Mahomes to beat them and he did should open things up going forward.

• Like 1

My first league of the year I always draft first round busts. Gurley, Ajayi, and this year Hunt.  For the rest of my drafts I make sure not to pick that player. I can almost guarantee Hunts season will not be good this year. I debated between him and Melvin and picked wrong. 

Edited by cyberwatty

1 minute ago, cyberwatty said:

My first league of the year I always draft first round busts. Gurley, Ajayi, and this year Hunt.  For the rest of my drafts I make sure not to pick that player. I can almost guarantee Hunts season will not be good this year. I debated between him and Melvin and picked wrong. 

Please leave your "I'm sitting/starting/drafted him so now he's going to do good/bad" posts for reddit. It contributes absolutely nothing.

8 minutes ago, n4sa said:

Please leave your "I'm sitting/starting/drafted him so now he's going to do good/bad" posts for reddit. It contributes absolutely nothing.

Your right I shouldn't i have left it.  Based on the time share that Hunt is in and the defenses he has to face to I think he's going to victim to bad game scripts or usage issues at least until half way through the season. It's hard for me to see how he returns first round value  value with all those factors. 

Edited by cyberwatty

17 minutes ago, cyberwatty said:

Your right I shouldn't i have left it.  Based on the time share that Hunt is in and the defenses he has to face to I think he's going to victim to bad game scripts or usage issues at least until half way through the season. It's hard for me to see how he returns first round value  value with all those factors. 

How is it possible that this post has been edited, and this is how it turned out? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Hunt will chew up steelers run defense week 2 and return to form.  KC easy to get caught up with San diego in a shoot out, and that's what happed, expect Hunt to put up numbers next game

I just picked up Hunt in a trade. Guess I was buying low. Happy to be aboard! Hoping he leads me to the promised land! Though as a lifelong Eagles fan, I know OH SO VERY WELL how frustrating Andy Reid can be when it comes to the run game. Like others have said, I'm hoping a prolific passing attack open things up in the run game. The question is... does Andy then actually run it?

17 hours ago, youngrice said:

I own no shares in Hunt.  But to be worried over one game is ridiculous.  I would actually be encourage.  SD challenged Mahomes to beat them and he did should open things up going forward.

I don't think it's just the one game. For anyone who owned him last year, it probably brings back bad memories. From games 6-12, he put up 96-321-0/26-201-0...not good. He started red hot and finished red hot, but that in-between time was pretty rough. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

I don't think it's just the one game. For anyone who owned him last year, it probably brings back bad memories. From games 6-12, he put up 96-321-0/26-201-0...not good. He started red hot and finished red hot, but that in-between time was pretty rough. 

Had Hunt through that ugly stretch. I remember all too well how Reid would inexplicably go away from the run, constantly pull Hunt in favor of West. If you drafted Hunt this year..... hopefully you did your homework. 

18 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

This is a throwing offense now....Product of the system Adrian Peterson in Washington where Alex Smith went.....

They only ran 56 plays on sunday. They quick striked it all day. 

He had 16 carries, 1 target

intended on 30% of plays

Also,

ware got the 27 yard carry when KC was on their own 10 yard line with under a minute left in the first half. More than likely, LAC playing a different defense in that situation. 

1st and goal from the 1 and they passed for a TD... probably won’t happen much. 

1st and goal from the 2: Mahomes run, pass, pass

-6 yards on his last 2 carries when up by 10. 

10 hours ago, PackerBacker555 said:

They only ran 56 plays on sunday. They quick striked it all day. 

He had 16 carries, 1 target

intended on 30% of plays

Also,

ware got the 27 yard carry when KC was on their own 10 yard line with under a minute left in the first half. More than likely, LAC playing a different defense in that situation. 

1st and goal from the 1 and they passed for a TD... probably won’t happen much. 

1st and goal from the 2: Mahomes run, pass, pass

-6 yards on his last 2 carries when up by 10. 

The problem is, and I may be wrong, but I think this is typical Andy Reid play calling inside the 5.  The few games I've seen in the past, he always seems to be "creative" at the goal line instead of just punching it in.

3 minutes ago, soccerphysio said:

The problem is, and I may be wrong, but I think this is typical Andy Reid play calling inside the 5.  The few games I've seen in the past, he always seems to be "creative" at the goal line instead of just punching it in.

I don't like "creative". Just give the rock to Hunt and let him get his 6 PPR points.

Sincerely, 

A Hunt Owner

• Like 1

Anyone have any thoughts on today? I think it was a major positive that he got 18/19 carries by RBs. After last week it looked like Ware was going to steal a lot of carries but that no longer seems like the case. However, today was about as frustrating of a 15 point game as there could be. It just seems like Mahomes hates checking down to Hunt. And if I see KC come out in 5 wide 1 more times I may lose it. 

Edited by Ericc5

He'll be fine. As long as he's getting 15+ Carries and some targets, dont panic. Better days ahead. 

Edited by Squats&Milk

4 minutes ago, Ericc5 said:

Anyone have any thoughts on today? I think it was a major positive that he got 18/19 RB carries by RBs. After last week it looked like Ware was going to steal a lot of carries but that no longer seems like the case. However, today was about as frustrating of a 15 point game as there could be. It just seems like Mahomes hates checking down to Hunt. And if I see KC come out in 5 wide 1 more times I may lose it. 

Mahomes will probably learn as the season goes on to check down a bit. He is playing invincible right now but you’d only expect him to crash back to earth one of these days (right????). 

If you are selling your hunt shares I am buying. I rather own tyreke hill rest of season but hunt was always more likely to finish this season as rb12 than a top 4 rb. I rather own c mac at this point but oh well. Mahomes is not a check down guy like alex smith is so his target share is not going to be much. just hope for 1200 to 1350 rushing yards and 12 tds and call it a day.

The good news is that Ware looks like a non-factor. Hunt's the clear lead dog in a high-octane offense. Enjoy.

8 minutes ago, oresteszero said:

How are we feeling about Hunt vs. SF defense? I'm thinking it will be a good PPR day for him

I’m tempering expectations for the next couple weeks, KC have been getting in shootouts and it’s not leading to much rushing. I feel like this will be another high scoring game where they will be airing the ball a lot. As a Hunt owner I hope I’m wrong though.

1 minute ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

I’m tempering expectations for the next couple weeks, KC have been getting in shootouts and it’s not leading to much rushing. I feel like this will be another high scoring game where they will be airing the ball a lot. As a Hunt owner I hope I’m wrong though.

It seems like Mahomes is not a dump off kinda guy. Great for his owners...for Hunt...meh.