Rotoworld.com Forums

Kareem Hunt 2018 Outlook

Savatage79

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, metalmat said:

No police reports, no arrests means the video was not needed for evidence. TMZ probably paid a boat load of money a while back for it and decided this would be a good time to unleash it as the Chiefs are red hot and Hunt is playing good. More views equals more $$$ for them, that's all they really care about.

There's a police report.  Research before posting.

2 minutes ago, meverett85 said:

I guess I've just grown accustomed to folks suing over much much less than this.  If she had possession of this video footage and agreed to sign a NDA she could have easily received 7 figures in a hush settlement.....

Which makes me think something like that happened.....

That's the thing. Assuming the Chiefs, NFL, Hunt and this woman all settled the matter behind closed doors nine months ago it'll be interesting what happens next.

Just now, LongBalls said:

That's the thing. Assuming the Chiefs, NFL, Hunt and this woman all settled the matter behind closed doors nine months ago it'll be interesting what happens next.

I’m gonna go with that they put him on the commissioners exempt list. What happens next will be interesting though if they indeed tried to cover it up. Someone is gonna be the fall guy.

3 minutes ago, sportsfreak2744 said:

There's a police report.  Research before posting.

You are absolutely correct sir, I stand mistaken. I guess I got No charges filed and no police report mixed up. Would be interesting to see what the report says

4 minutes ago, WaiverLooter said:

How quick do you think the suspension will be handed out? Is it possible that the negative effects will be after the fantasy season? One of my toughest opponents has Hunt and Ware but I’d feel much better facing Ware potentially in playoffs.

My guess is Hunt sits Sunday and then things get sorted out next week.

2 minutes ago, metalmat said:

You are absolutely correct sir, I stand mistaken. I guess I got No charges filed and no police report mixed up. Would be interesting to see what the report says

And apparently the surveillance tape was made available but the NFL did not request it.  It would have taken less than ten minutes to have an NFL employee watch it and determine if further attention was necessary.  But apparently the NFL was hoping it would go unnoticed, and now they will have to face the music.

5 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

Pretty sure you don't know what a blurb is. I'll post an example.

In the video, Hunt was shown arguing and shoving a 19-year-old woman outside his hotel room on February 10 at 3:22 AM ET. The conflict escalated quickly after that with Hunt lunging at the woman and later kicking her while on the ground. Police took statements but no charges were filed. The footage, which you can see in the link below, is extremely troubling. This is a terrible look for both the Kansas City organization (remember the Chiefs took a major PR hit two years ago when they drafted Tyreek Hill following his domestic violence arrest) and the NFL, particularly in the wake of Rueben Foster's arrest and subsequent waiver claim by Washington. The wheels of the NFL move slowly, but we imagine Hunt will be facing a lengthy suspension once this gets sorted out.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that had a very different picture in their head, after reading that and later watching the video.

it looks pretty accurate,  they take directly from the TMZ article and then say it's a bad look and they cite issues that Hill and Foster had in this area as well.  it isn't outrageous to think a suspension is coming, as evident by how many people on the forum are speculating that as well.  so where is your beef exactly?  other than it is affecting your fantasy team

1 minute ago, oresteszero said:

So I never knew about the Tyreek Hill abuse charges before... I guess he tried to strangle his girlfriend at the time? Holy shiet.

Yea sounded pretty bad.

" Stillwater police records indicate that on December 12, 2014, Hill was arrested on complaints of assault of his 20-year-old pregnant girlfriend, Crystal Espinal. The police report states that Espinal said the two got into an argument and he threw her around like a ragdoll, punched her in the face, sat on her and repeatedly punched her in the stomach, and choked her.[56] Oklahoma State dismissed him from the football team after the charges."

1 minute ago, Panthor said:

it looks pretty accurate,  they take directly from the TMZ article and then say it's a bad look and they cite issues that Hill and Foster had in this area as well.  it isn't outrageous to think a suspension is coming, as evident by how many people on the forum are speculating that as well.  so where is your beef exactly?  other than it is affecting your fantasy team

Seems pretty obvious a suspension is coming!

Just now, King Gonzo said:

Yea sounded pretty bad.

" Stillwater police records indicate that on December 12, 2014, Hill was arrested on complaints of assault of his 20-year-old pregnant girlfriend, Crystal Espinal. The police report states that Espinal said the two got into an argument and he threw her around like a ragdoll, punched her in the face, sat on her and repeatedly punched her in the stomach, and choked her.[56] Oklahoma State dismissed him from the football team after the charges."

But he's fast though, amirite?

2 minutes ago, sportsfreak2744 said:

And apparently the surveillance tape was made available but the NFL did not request it.  It would have taken less than ten minutes to have an NFL employee watch it and determine if further attention was necessary.  But apparently the NFL was hoping it would go unnoticed, and now they will have to face the music.

So the hotel just said to the NFL "Hey, do you want to see the video" and the NFL said "Nah bro, were good". HAHAHAHA, maybe I was wrong about how moronic those jack clowns can be.

Yea if Leonard Fournette got suspended for slapping a grown a** man with a helmet on during a game, this dude getting the book thrown at him for pushing and kicking a woman. NFL ain’t the court of law, optics is the problem here.

7 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

does it even matter if there was a settlement or anything else like that?  the video shows an assault on another person, the fact it is a woman just adds fuel to the fire

this was probably pushed under the rug because something shady was going on in that hotel room in the first place and both parties just wanted to keep things quiet, that isn't going to happen now.  juicy details to come in the next few weeks and months for sure

also you can see toward the end of the video the other woman looks like she is either trying to call for help on her cell phone or she is trying to take video of the incident and one of Hunt's friends goes toward her to stop her and right after that is when Hunt kicks the woman on the floor, which was about the dumbest thing he could have done,  there is simply no way to spin that move into a positive

• Sun Tzu locked this topic
  • Sun Tzu unlocked, locked, featured and unfeatured this topic
  • Sun Tzu unlocked this topic

Archived