Rotoworld.com Forums

Kareem Hunt 2018 Outlook

Savatage79

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is ray rice all over again, right down to the video footage the nfl ignored. The only thing that will save hunt would be this girl coming forward, saying she was in the wrong, he was in the right, etc. And no I don't see it happening.

3 minutes ago, Panthor said:

does it even matter if there was a settlement or anything else like that?  the video shows an assault on another person, the fact it is a woman just adds fuel to the fire

From Hunt's perspective there sure as hell does. For example, if he paid a legal settlement, went to league-mandated counselling and fulfilled a bunch of other criteria to play than he probably feels like he should be able to play. The fact the NFL and Chiefs decided to pull a cover up doesn't change the fact from his perspective.

I just find it hard to believe the woman wasn't paid off and the NFL refused to watch the video. The situation had to have been dealt with internally.

4 minutes ago, MJJ28 said:

Yea if Leonard Fournette got suspended for slapping a grown a** man with a helmet on during a game, this dude getting the book thrown at him for pushing and kicking a woman. NFL ain’t the court of law, optics is the problem here.

Hunt did not leave the bench to kick her though...

5 minutes ago, Panthor said:

does it even matter if there was a settlement or anything else like that?  the video shows an assault on another person, the fact it is a woman just adds fuel to the fire

this was probably pushed under the rug because something shady was going on in that hotel room in the first place and both parties just wanted to keep things quiet, that isn't going to happen now.  juicy details to come in the next few weeks and months for sure

also you can see toward the end of the video the other woman looks like she is either trying to call for help on her cell phone or she is trying to take video of the incident and one of Hunt's friends goes toward her to stop her and right after that is when Hunt kicks the woman on the floor, which was about the dumbest thing he could have done,  there is simply no way to spin that move into a positive

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, oban14 said:

This is ray rice all over again, right down to the video footage the nfl ignored. The only thing that will save hunt would be this girl coming forward, saying she was in the wrong, he was in the right, etc. And no I don't see it happening.

i don't think that would help, he kicks her after at the end of the video while she is on the ground.  the "heat  of the moment" is gone, he confronted her once, then was pushed back into a hall way then he came out a second time and was being held back, it was on the third pass that he kicks her,  that isn't a series of events you can walk back.  

5 minutes ago, oban14 said:

Lol no way - Ray knocked that woman out cold. Kareem gets punched in the face, then shoved his friend that knocks into her (this could legitimately been an accident), and then gives her the lightest kick in the booty ever. She didn’t file a police report or tell the police she was assaulted. Does he deserve a suspension of a game or two? I guess, but if the headline was more accurate on the tmz video people wouldn’t be grossly overreacting in this manner.

It’s not as egregious as Ray Rice’s video, but it’s definitely suspension worthy. It may have been ok until he kicked a woman  on the ground. 

2 minutes ago, Panthor said:

i don't think that would help, he kicks her after at the end of the video while she is on the ground.  the "heat  of the moment" is gone, he confronted her once, then was pushed back into a hall way then he came out a second time and was being held back, it was on the third pass that he kicks her,  that isn't a series of events you can walk back.  

I think if she were 100% willing to go with a story that a scummy lawyer created, it might work. But I agree about the kick. And unlikely in any case.

• Sun Tzu locked this topic
  • Sun Tzu unlocked, locked, featured and unfeatured this topic
  • Sun Tzu unlocked this topic

Archived