Savatage79

Kareem Hunt 2018 Outlook

2 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

Ok we already saw this 5 times here

Yes, but now 446 people are talking about this. Gotta stay current.

4 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

From Hunt's perspective there sure as hell does. For example, if he paid a legal settlement, went to league-mandated counselling and fulfilled a bunch of other criteria to play than he probably feels like he should be able to play. The fact the NFL and Chiefs decided to pull a cover up doesn't change the fact from his perspective.

I just find it hard to believe the woman wasn't paid off and the NFL refused to watch the video. The situation had to have been dealt with internally.

it probably was, but that isn't going to protect Hunt from public opinion and the NFL and KC aren't going to fall on their own sword, they will throw Hunt under the bus and then back it up a few more times.  and there will be nothing Hunt can do about it  because he won't have a leg to stand on with the public. 

sure a a matter of principle Hunt can feel like he is getting the short end based on how it will all be handled now, but that is just going to be a reality he will have to live with.  there will be some closed door meetings now where NFL, KC, NFLPA, and Hunt are going to meet and they are going to tell the NFLPA and Hunt to take his medicine quietly if he wants to have any future in the league.

Does anyone know if he has been sent home from the chiefs facility?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, cnewbykkn said:

Any insight from Graziano this?

Is Hunt practicing today?

Just now, oban14 said:

Does anyone know if he has been sent home from the chiefs facility?

yes he has

3 minutes ago, cnewbykkn said:

Any insight from Graziano this?

I love you guys...comedy gold

Just now, m_cox22 said:

Bad news Hunt owners. Video just released of him pushing and kicking a woman.

Welcome to the party pal.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Panthor said:

it probably was, but that isn't going to protect Hunt from public opinion and the NFL and KC aren't going to fall on their own sword, they will throw Hunt under the bus and then back it up a few more times.  and there will be nothing Hunt can do about it  because he won't have a leg to stand on with the public. 

sure a a matter of principle Hunt can feel like he is getting the short end based on how it will all be handled now, but that is just going to be a reality he will have to live with.  there will be some closed door meetings now where NFL, KC, NFLPA, and Hunt are going to meet and they are going to tell the NFLPA and Hunt to take his medicine quietly if he wants to have any future in the league.

I'd agree, but if Hunt was smart enough to get an agreement nailed down he can sue the pants off the NFL for the remainder of his estimated career earnings. I'm saying it depends what happened behind closed doors and how much noise Hunt wants to make. I'm interested if there's legal room for him to stay any suspension like Zeke. There very well could be depending on existing settlements, etc.

It's just very weird this is such a relatively "old" incident.

Edited by LongBalls

7 minutes ago, ninersdd said:

At this point if you're desperate for a replacement RB, is he droppable? Kinda sucks that we don't know how long he will be suspended for at the moment.

no you shouldn't drop yet, not until there is more clarity.  could be he plays this week and maybe even next, you don't want to be left holding the bag here.  just sit tight and hope for quick resolution

Just now, SonataArctica said:

Any word from Graziano on this? I need an update.

From what I understand, the team has sent him home from the practice facility.  

I will keep you posted...

• Haha 2

Just now, Jon21 said:

How long till we see KC statement on the matter? 

Andy Reid is going to blame in on himself saying that he needs to do a better job with clock management and coaching

Edited by metalmat
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, oban14 said:

This is ray rice all over again, right down to the video footage the nfl ignored. The only thing that will save hunt would be this girl coming forward, saying she was in the wrong, he was in the right, etc. And no I don't see it happening.

Nowhere close to the Rice video.  Hunt didn't punch the girl and drag her unconscious body.  So I don't see it having the long term effect like it did for Rice.  But for this year and maybe next year he is done.