Savatage79

Kareem Hunt 2018 Outlook

Yes, the ray rice video was 10x worse, but to play devils advocate, if Ray Rice had a group of friends with him, do you think that would have been the final outcome?  And if Hunt and the girl were alone in that hallway, you think it would have ended up the same way??  Don't like playing what if's, but you gotta ask yourself.

Just now, KilloWertz said:

I'm not condoning what he did or anything, but just because the video was made public, it's kind of ridiculous that he's all of a sudden probably done for the rest of the season.  The team already knew about it and didn't discipline him at all, but now that the video is out, it's all of a sudden a huge deal.  Again, not condoning people assaulting women, but it's still a little ridiculous in my opinion.  I know it's likely just because it makes them and the NFL look bad that the video is out, but something should have been done before if all of this is such a big deal.

Yup. Now we get all the speculation of what KC management knew and when. This is the Rice fiasco all over again.

• Like 1

Just now, KilloWertz said:

I'm not condoning what he did or anything, but just because the video was made public, it's kind of ridiculous that he's all of a sudden probably done for the rest of the season.  The team already knew about it and didn't discipline him at all, but now that the video is out, it's all of a sudden a huge deal.  Again, not condoning people assaulting women, but it's still a little ridiculous in my opinion.  I know it's likely just because it makes them and the NFL look bad that the video is out, but something should have been done before if all of this is such a big deal.

This is the NFL, you are guilty until proven innocent, and sometimes even after proven innocent you are still guilty. (Zeke last year)

Lazy guy in my league didn't have Hunt handcuffed.  He's probably going to miss the playoffs because of that mistake.

2 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

eh its possible Hunt didnt tell them everything about the situation

Just now, Jon21 said:

This is the NFL, you are guilty until proven innocent, and sometimes even after proven innocent you are still guilty. (Zeke last year)

Being suspended isn't under the same regulation as beyond a reasonable doubt in the court of law. The NFL and the team can do as they please regardless if they are proven guilty or not in court. 

7 minutes ago, Flyers_28 said:

so she gets a pass for hitting him in the face ?

she did push hunts buddy into hunt the he bowled them both over too 

no she shouldn't get a pass, but had Hunt handled himself properly we wouldn't be talking about this right now.

Just now, TheDoctor said:

Being suspended isn't under the same regulation as beyond a reasonable doubt in the court of law. The NFL and the team can do as they please regardless if they are proven guilty or not in court. 

Exactly my point. 

It’s so easy to walk away but if someone is attacking you with force or a weapon you have a right to defend yourself without causing great bodily harm

3 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

no she shouldn't get a pass, but had Hunt handled himself properly we wouldn't be talking about this right now.

Everybody who thinks she hit him first needs to watch it again. He shoved her first when they started the argument

2 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

These were my thoughts years ago. We have precedent for things being treated worse after the public sees a video now. We’ve already progressed to accepting and knowing things get treated harsher if people see it rather than being shocked. Ray rice wasn’t suspended when the words were printed that he hit his fiancé. Then a video comes out of what we were already suppose to interpret...gets suspended and pretty much ends his career. Joe Mixon hits a girl, deals with punishment, video comes out way later and before the draft, gets drilled about it and people THEN outrage. Even tyreek is an example of the other side of it. Apparently what he did was pretty bad (even I don’t remember the details so I’m a victim of the visual bias too), but no one knows because “we didn’t see it.” Earlier in this thread there was a guy that was like “whoa didn’t know about Hill!” Bet you he knew about rice. It’s one of the consequences of the social media/technology/YouTube age we live in now. It’s worse to have visual proof than to get charged for things these days.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

Everybody who thinks she hit him first needs to watch it again. He shoved her first when they started the argument

Oh I'm not claiming anything other than, anyone who assaults anyone shouldn't get a pass. Woman on man or vice versa. Assault shouldn't be gender specific. 

My wife hits me I'm calling 911! ;)

• Haha 1

Thread shoplould prob be locked.

Edited by dmb3684

While I don’t condone what Hunt did, I’ll side with him more than most.

Women are not excluded from an individuals rights to defend themselves. If she was cussing and acting in a threatening manner (like slapping him or coming at his female friend) then he had every right to defend himself. This may have contributed to why no charges were filed or no lawsuit took place. She was in the wrong as well.

He will still get suspended because he clearly took it too far and the NFL is desperate to right wrongs with more wrongs. 

• Like 2

Just now, Gohawks said:

He will still get suspended because he clearly took it too far and the NFL is desperate to right wrongs with more wrongs. 

He'll get suspended because he tackled a woman and then kicked her. How is that wrong?

• Like 9

Just now, miasma16 said:

He'll get suspended because he tackled a woman and then kicked her. How is that wrong?

I mentioned he took it to far. I suppose that bit about the NFL was slightly in a more broad stroke. I agree he deserves a suspension. My issue is with people treating the case as he hit an innocent woman for no reason. She is clearly in the fault as well.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, miasma16 said:

Nah he’s getting suspended because there is video of him pushing and kicking her. No video, no punishment.

Edited by MJJ28
  • Like 2

Please. 6 game suspension incoming. If Zeke gets suspended without video evidence, bye bye Hunt.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, roughnecker101 said:

I didn't think it was that bad. And definitely not brutal.

It didn't end being so bad because he was held back by a couple of people. Had they not been there, it would have ended up a lot worse.