Savatage79

Alvin Kamara 2018 Outlook

if anyone watched SNF with any objectivity it was clear that this is Kamara's backfield.

The vast majority of Ingram's snaps came on the last drive between the 20's in clock bleeding time.

I'm not sure if Ingram even got a red zone snap, if he didn't it was only a couple

The trash narrative that Ingram is going to be the goal line hammer and vulture Kamara can go in the trash where it belongs

Right alongside all the trash takes that we were bludgeoned with after the Redskins game that Ingram's return had destroyed Kamara's fantasy value SELL NOW! you guys remember that? If not just go back about 5 pages I would guess that's about where all that was 

Edited by Cotton Jones
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Cotton Jones said:

if anyone watched SNF with any objectivity it was clear that this is Kamara's backfield.

The vast majority of Ingram's snaps came on the last drive between the 20's in clock bleeding time.

I'm not sure if Ingram even got a red zone snap, if he didn't it was only a couple

The trash narrative that Ingram is going to be the goal line hammer and vulture Kamara can go in the trash where it belongs

Right alongside all the takes that we were bludgeoned with after the Redskins game that Ingram's return had destroyed Kamara's fantasy value SELL NOW! you guys remember that? If not just go back about 5 pages I would guess that's about where all that was 

All true but without Ingram, he was a top 2/3 back. With Ingram, he moves behind Gurley, Gordon, Barkley, prolly even level with James Conner.

Ingram does an excellent job keeping the bench warm for Kamara when he needs a breather.

In all seriousness Ingram is an RB2 unless the game is an obvious blowout matchup.

2 minutes ago, Rickydragon said:

He’s awesome.  Happy?

Yes :)

But but Ingram is going to destroy his value.  But but Kamara won’t get enough touches.   Lmao where are all those guys now.  Just as I predicted nowhere to be found. Guy is simply too valuable and leagues above Ingram. It is very obvious to see

• Like 1

Here's hoping Alvin Kamehameha's the Rams this week, but I'd be ok with a spirit bomb.

IT0PI6A.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Juke said:

Here's hoping Alvin Kamehameha's the Rams this week, but I'd be ok with a spirit bomb.

IT0PI6A.jpg

Spirit bomb is better than a Kamehameha no? :P

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, DezedandConfused said:

Spirit bomb is better than a Kamehameha no? :P

Yeah but the spirit bomb will put Kamara on the shelf for 3-4 weeks to recover. You don't mess with the spirit bomb.

13 hours ago, sasnumberonefan said:

Ingram had more yards on less touches than Kamara :ph34r:

Dependent on situation, not meaningless but...

22 hours ago, sasnumberonefan said:

Ingram had more yards on less touches than Kamara :ph34r:

Mop up duty.  It still counts but Ingram was a ghost when the game was competive.

19 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/news/183502/alvin-kamara-misses-practice-on-thursday-.php

Alvin Kamara was held out of Saints practice with an illness on Thursday. (Nola.com)

Fantasy Impact:

Kamara should be fine for Week 9 if it is just an illness that caused him to miss practice on Thursday. 

Dudes been sick his entire career.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Gohawks said:

Dudes been sick his entire career.

He certainly put up some sick numbers so far :)

On 10/29/2018 at 12:09 AM, Cotton Jones said:

Right alongside all the trash takes that we were bludgeoned with after the Redskins game that Ingram's return had destroyed Kamara's fantasy value SELL NOW! you guys remember that? If not just go back about 5 pages I would guess that's about where all that was 

Give it a rest dude. You are constantly hammering the idea of Kamara being this top back that you don't even see what is going on here. The saints are running a RB combination that most teams commonly use nowadays, An up hill runner that gets carries when they are leading a game (Ingram), and a pass catcher who mostly plays when your team is down (Kamara).  Ingram is going to vulture touchdowns and red zone opportunities from kamara because he is a better option in that department, I'm sure your little podcasts can tell you that.  Kamara has obviously regressed from last year, although he is maintaining a rb1 status(Barely), and is a better option than almost any other pass catching rb in the league.  To say this is his backfield is not true at all, maybe in the future, but not right now.  Look at the big picture instead of pumping your chest every time kamara has a good game.

28 minutes ago, GodGivenTalent said:

Give it a rest dude. You are constantly hammering the idea of Kamara being this top back that you don't even see what is going on here. The saints are running a RB combination that most teams commonly use nowadays, An up hill runner that gets carries when they are leading a game (Ingram), and a pass catcher who mostly plays when your team is down (Kamara).  Ingram is going to vulture touchdowns and red zone opportunities from kamara because he is a better option in that department, I'm sure your little podcasts can tell you that.  Kamara has obviously regressed from last year, although he is maintaining a rb1 status(Barely), and is a better option than almost any other pass catching rb in the league.  To say this is his backfield is not true at all, maybe in the future, but not right now.  Look at the big picture instead of pumping your chest every time kamara has a good game.

He was #3 last year (ppr)and hes #3 (ppr) this year, regress my a**..

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, GodGivenTalent said:

You trippin my guy

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

He was #3 last year (ppr)and hes #3 (ppr) this year, regress my a**..

He regressed quite a bit on the field in stats that don't really matter much in fantasy.  He is averaging 4.4 yards per carry as opposed to 6.1 last year, quite a big difference but not bad.  The #3 ranking is obviously inflated due to the 4 games without Ingram, it has clearly been a different story since he came back. First 4 games need to be taken with a grain of salt.

Edited by GodGivenTalent

Kamara is easily the better redzone option. Teams have no idea what to do when him and Captain Vulture Taysom Hill are in there.

Edited by sSektor
  • Like 1

But he’s not going to get 20 touches a game. Nymetsfan you are an idiot. Ingram is going to take 50 percent of his work!  Where you idiots at now in this thread.  Nowhere to be found just like I said. He’s so much better than Ingram it’s laughable 

On 11/2/2018 at 8:25 PM, GodGivenTalent said:

He regressed quite a bit on the field in stats that don't really matter much in fantasy.  He is averaging 4.4 yards per carry as opposed to 6.1 last year, quite a big difference but not bad.  The #3 ranking is obviously inflated due to the 4 games without Ingram, it has clearly been a different story since he came back. First 4 games need to be taken with a grain of salt.

Nah they really don’t my guy.  He’s the best back in the league 

• Haha 1