Dirtywater97

SP Eligible Relievers 2018

An SP eligible guy to keep an eye on: Colin McHugh... 3.55 ERA in 12 games started last year with 62 K in 63.1 IP. His stuff might play up coming out of the bullpen and increase the K rate. He could go multiple innings. This Spring, he has 14 K in 8.2 IP.

• Thanks 1

On 3/6/2018 at 5:09 PM, Skrappy1 said:

Zack Wheeler could end up in the pen for the Mets.

On 3/24/2018 at 11:21 AM, bliner13 said:

Glasnow?...pumping 98+. Multiple inning relief role to start the season... 

HE JUST GOT SP ELIG IN ESPN AFTER I SENT THEM AN EMAIL!!!

Scoop city!!

• Like 1

Not sure if He's been mentioned, but Mike Montgomery is dually eligible in my league. 

1 hour ago, HumanRainDelay 18 said:

Why does ESPN have Amir Garrett listed as RP only eligible?  Shouldn't he also have SP?  

He could be nice in this format. 

Send them an email. They will fix that. Same happened with Glasnow.

3 hours ago, illasakhil said:

Send them an email. They will fix that. Same happened with Glasnow.

where do u send them the email from

We are taking about RP that have SP eligibility. This thread is full of confused owners. Lol what is the real value of a SP w/ RP eligibility unless you have a strange roster settings or league rules. 

Montgomery and Glasnow are the only 2 viable options I can see... Alex Reyes when he gets back too! 

• Like 1

Lincecum might get a chance to close.

Of course, can he still get ppl out?

Roll of the dice.

1 hour ago, bliner13 said:

We are taking about RP that have SP eligibility. This thread is full of confused owners. Lol what is the real value of a SP w/ RP eligibility unless you have a strange roster settings or league rules. 

Montgomery and Glasnow are the only 2 viable options I can see... Alex Reyes when he gets back too! 

Brad Peacock?

McHugh too as long as he doesn't get traded

1 hour ago, bliner13 said:

mike minor in yahoo.

Peacock yes I onmmited him but only bc he was also eligible last year...

He'd be my 1st choice actually 

My order of preference... 

Brad Peacock 

Tyler Glasnow 

Mike Montgomery 

Alex Reyes

Mike Minor will be a SP this year. So he's NOT a RP w/ SP eligibility... 

Buck Farmer

Had 28% K rate first time thru the order as a starter.  Someone should keep an eye what the velo looks like this year. Tigers BP isn't that deep, could move up the ladder quick

6 hours ago, Slatykamora said:

Buck Farmer

Had 28% K rate first time thru the order as a starter.  Someone should keep an eye what the velo looks like this year. Tigers BP isn't that deep, could move up the ladder quick

I have been looking at him too in some of my DEEP leagues. Wouldn't shock me if a switch to the bullpen is just what he needs.

21 hours ago, nygiantsfan913 said:

where do u send them the email from

A computer, tablet, or smartphone.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, bliner13 said:

CBS standard format doesn't have a start cap (weekly lineup), a strategy often used in that setting is to maximize your starts by using an SP in the RP slot and to punt saves.  So this season a guy like David Price can be used in the RP role and give a team 6 starters that week instead of 5.

19 minutes ago, twelve20 said:

CBS standard format doesn't have a start cap (weekly lineup), a strategy often used in that setting is to maximize your starts by using an SP in the RP slot and to punt saves.  So this season a guy like David Price can be used in the RP role and give a team 6 starters that week instead of 5.

The forum had 2 different types of SP/RP threads. This one is for this year's Chad Green, Josh Hader, Iglesias, etc.

The thread below is for starters like the one you describe.

http://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/692917-rp-eligible-starters-2018/

4 hours ago, bbythepier said:

The forum had 2 different types of SP/RP threads. This one is for this year's Chad Green, Josh Hader, Iglesias, etc.

The thread below is for starters like the one you describe.

http://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/692917-rp-eligible-starters-2018/

I'm aware, was merely commenting on what the value of having an SP w/RP eligibility was.  The comment I quoted implied that there is only value in that situation if there are unusual roster or league settings.

16 hours ago, bbythepier said:

Jordan Hicks - SP/RP -STL

He in anyone else’s espn league? Usually don’t have a problem with prospects in my leagues, but he isn’t showing up...hmmm