Dirtywater97

SP Eligible Relievers 2018

5 hours ago, Jrod124 said:

He in anyone else’s espn league? Usually don’t have a problem with prospects in my leagues, but he isn’t showing up...hmmm

hes not listed yet

Do we anticipate any of these guys being a consistent source of holds?  I don't see any of them getting saves in the near future.

Edited by barrister

Gsellman struck out the side for the Mets in the seventh today.  They were up 4 so it wasn't a hold but still good stats and could see some hold situations.

• Like 2

Gsellman also earned a hold in his second appearance on Saturday.  Looking like he good SP/RP candidate at this point. 

• Like 1

Yonny Chirinos. Not exactly great for holds, but should be good for improving ratios especially in leagues that limit starts. Rays Minor League Pitcher of the year over Honeywell this past season. Has a decent chance to end up in the rotation by year's end too.

Edited by Dirtywater97
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Drybones87 said:

Marcus Walden (Boston) has a hold as well, and is SP eligible.

Also Jordan Hicks is on espn leagues now.

Hicks has looked impressive.  Has been used in the 7th inning, too.  Didn't get a hold because the team was up 4 runs. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dirtywater97 said:

Yonny Chirinos. Not exactly great for holds, but should be good for improving ratios especially in leagues that limit starts. Rays Minor League Pitcher of the year over Honeywell this past season. Has a decent chance to end up in the rotation by year's end too.

This guy has my attention more than Jordan Hicks.

3 hours ago, MJDrocks said:

Hicks has looked impressive.  Has been used in the 7th inning, too.  Didn't get a hold because the team was up 4 runs. 

Hicks closed out a 4-run game getting the last 4 outs. If he keeps pitching well I think he will move up the pecking order and get holds. 98 MPH sinkers. Doesn't even have to strike out a lot of guys. He gets tons of ground balls. Ended today's game with a double play ground ball.

• Like 1

On 4/2/2018 at 10:44 AM, barrister said:

Gsellman also earned a hold in his second appearance on Saturday.  Looking like he good SP/RP candidate at this point. 

23 hours ago, Dirtywater97 said:

Where is he SP eligible?

2 minutes ago, the real donny baseball said:

Where is he SP eligible?

Apparently my last comment got filtered by mods.

ESPN. Fantrax is a no go, and not sure about Yahoo or CBS.

22 hours ago, lassetjus said:

Hicks closed out a 4-run game getting the last 4 outs. If he keeps pitching well I think he will move up the pecking order and get holds. 98 MPH sinkers. Doesn't even have to strike out a lot of guys. He gets tons of ground balls. Ended today's game with a double play ground ball.

Bolstering Hicks' case to move up in the circle of trust,  tonight, Tyler Lyons gave up 2 runs and Domonic Leone blew the save giving up 2 HR. 

16 hours ago, Blackfish said:

Swarzak to DL; anyone else see this as a huge boost to Gsellman's value in HLD leagues?

They didn't use him last night. Lugo was brough in to pitch the 7th and 8th inning (struck out 4) and got the Hold.

Lugo is SP eligible as well.

1 hour ago, Sine_cera said:

They didn't use him last night. Lugo was brough in to pitch the 7th and 8th inning (struck out 4) and got the Hold.

Lugo is SP eligible as well.

That’s true, but it was Lugo’s first appearance of the season and it only happened because his start was snowed out. I’d rather have Gsellman of the two at this point as we don’t know if last night was just an aberration yet. Still though definitely a situation to monitor; 4 ks is nothing to scoff at.

All aboard the Seth Lugo and Gsellman train guys. Especially Lugo if he doesn't start. Saw something about a planned Mets bullpen game similar to Tampa Bay in the works for the 11th with emergence of both of these guys in the early going.

Strange.  Gsellman sent to warm up in the 6th when DeGrom got into a bases loaded jam.

This was after pitching two innings yesterday.

Glasnow or Gsellman?  I have Glasnow right now with Hicks in my 2 SP spots, but am concerned about his control.  He's walked 4 in 5 innings so far and his numbers historically don't reassure me that this isn't how it's going to be going forward.

3 minutes ago, I Miss Matt Cain said:

Glasnow or Gsellman?  I have Glasnow right now with Hicks in my 2 SP spots, but am concerned about his control.  He's walked 4 in 5 innings so far and his numbers historically don't reassure me that this isn't how it's going to be going forward.

It was a miserable day for pitchers there. I would like to give him a bit more than a week. An extra 7 Ks per week didnt hurt anyone. I still have him lower than others like Peacock and Montgomery, but if you can pair him with one of those two, you get the Ks plus your rations will remain stable.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, I Miss Matt Cain said:

I'd go Gsellman just because I think Glasnow has a higher chance of ending back up in the rotation by year's end and has already been starting to be used in high leverage situations.

• Like 1

Of the readily available guys I'd rank them:

1- Hicks

2-Glasnow

3-Gsellman

4-Lugo

5-Montgomery

I assume Peacock (he'd be #1) is owned in most leagues at this point. 

• Like 1

Give me Gsellman over Glasnow for sure.  NYM should be in better position to win more games and thus have more Hold opportunities.