Dirtywater97

SP Eligible Relievers 2018

4 hours ago, tesla said:

Strange.  Gsellman sent to warm up in the 6th when DeGrom got into a bases loaded jam.

This was after pitching two innings yesterday.

Yes he did throw two innings but if I recall he only threw like 20 to 22 pitches in those two innings:wub:. This was why he was able to use Gsellman for a bit today.

Just now, Dirtywater97 said:

Anyone see Daniel Norris pitch today?

I didn’t, but just as a heads up that the tigers 100% view him a starter... and reportedly are sending him back down to triple aaa in the coming days 

Bud Norris with the save for STL yesterday. Greg Holland is on his way so his time in that role is likely short lived, but he was pretty solid last year for a while as a closer with SP eligibility for the Angels.

3 hours ago, bradwatson said:

Bud Norris with the save for STL yesterday. Greg Holland is on his way so his time in that role is likely short lived, but he was pretty solid last year for a while as a closer with SP eligibility for the Angels.

only problem is bud norris no longer has sp eligibility

8 hours ago, nygiantsfan913 said:

only problem is bud norris no longer has sp eligibility

Ah he does in Yahoo...

• Like 2

Anyone get eyes on Lugo last night? Lots of walks, but got the job done it looks.

Also guys - Daniel Norris. Tigers are keeping up. Generated 12 swinging strikes out of the bullpen last game he pitched. It was snowy and rough weather as well.

Nathan Karns is another candidate when he returns from the DL. Plan is to use him exclusively from the bullpen from here on out.

Edited by Dirtywater97

Anyone liking Bud Norris? I got real high last night and decided to make room for both Norris and Hicks so I can play 6 RPs in a holds league on my days without SPs going. Good or idea, or nah?

9 minutes ago, MJ13 said:

Anyone liking Bud Norris? I got real high last night and decided to make room for both Norris and Hicks so I can play 6 RPs in a holds league on my days without SPs going. Good or idea, or nah?

I like a few guys more... 

Gsellman

Lugo

Glasnow 

Amir Garret!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dirtywater97 said:

Anyone get eyes on Lugo last night? Lots of walks, but got the job done it looks.

Also guys - Daniel Norris. Tigers are keeping up. Generated 12 swinging strikes out of the bullpen last game he pitched. It was snowy and rough weather as well.

Nathan Karns is another candidate when he returns from the DL. Plan is to use him exclusively from the bullpen from here on out.

the 'lots of walks'  was Bryce Harper being given nothing to swing at, followed by a bad throw to first and a sac fly

Once Harper was on third with one out, he issued 2 intentional walks to walk the bases loaded for the forceout.

He then struck out Taylor and Severino to get out of the jam.

So those 3 walks are not indicative of any wildness. Lugo looks great.

Edited by tesla
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Dirtywater97 said:

2 of Lugo’s 3 walks last night were intentional walks.

• Thanks 1

I'm on a mission to watch Daniel Norris pitch next time he is out there. He generated a 26.5% swstr over his 3.1IP stint. Threw 65% of his pitches for strikes, 69% first pitch strikes. Throwing almost exclusively FB/SL (both 20%+ swings and misses)

One thing concerning was his Velo was down about 3mph, but I'm willing to write that off because of the cold for now.

Edited by Dirtywater97

15 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

For some reason...

3 starts last year.  Think it's all that is required with yahoo. But then again Tyler Thornburg has SP eligibility as well in yahoo.  He hasn't started a game since 2013...

Edited by knuckleheads
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dirtywater97 said:

Daniel Norris alert!!!

And I can't watch him... ?

Get the package, Extra Innings, MLBTV

17 minutes ago, Topgun said:

Get the package, Extra Innings, MLBTV

Got it on now. Not too bad left the hit to Brantley over the heart of the plate. JRam's hit was just a good piece of hitting. K'd EE. Double steal set them up and now getting singled to death.

Velo down at 90 w/ the fastball still which is concerning

Edited by Dirtywater97

On 4/10/2018 at 11:02 AM, DeathOnWings1005 said:

There's one and only one answer to this topic. I'm a Peacock captain, you gotta let me fly.

Took an L today but he's literally a glue piece for me.