Dirtywater97

SP Eligible Relievers 2018

4 hours ago, InMyBagYo said:

Dominguez isn't SP eligible either...at least in Yahoo he isn't. 

Ahh gotcha. I only play on ESPN and he's now eligible at both SP and RP on there.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MJDrocks said:

Ahh gotcha. I only play on ESPN and he's now eligible at both SP and RP on there.

That makes his value even higher. I'm on board regardless, I made a place for this history maker. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bliner13 said:

Gsellman's save and the possibility of more keep him near the top of the list 

He's been playing very well lately, I'm surprised he's only 8% owned, whereas Peacock is 40% owned. 

1 hour ago, bliner13 said:

Gsellman's save and the possibility of more keep him near the top of the list 

Was Familia unavailable today?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, 9703 said:

Was Familia unavailable today?

Yes, which is why Gsellman got the opportunity. Still, it's nice to know that we may have a closer if Familia goes down with injury. 

Anyone following AJ Cole? The numbers as a whole do not look good but since moving to the yankees as a RP he has 6.2IP 4H 0ER 6BB 10K. Not sure if he will have many chances at holds in that yankees pen but I always get excited when former top prospects show signs of life as a reliever. Been a lot of them falter as starters only to become top RPs.

6:10 ratio makes me think the numbers are going to get ugly soon. 

Any thoughts on Keller in KC? May be the next in line once they sell their closer.

2 hours ago, AnonymousRob said:

Any thoughts on Keller in KC? May be the next in line once they sell their closer.

I looked at this guy a week or so ago for that very reason.  I don't know what to say really, numbers in the minors are very meh (though he was a starter the whole time): 3.77 ERA, 1.35 WHIP, 7.3 K/9, 3.0 BB/9.

The K and BB numbers look in line with what he's done as a reliever this season so he's been keeping his hits down.  He's a converted starter in his first MLB season and he's missing bats and posting good ratios despite walking 6 in 20 IP.  Could be a miracle year if he gets the closer job, could implode massively.  Wait and see I think.

3 hours ago, AnonymousRob said:

6:10 ratio makes me think the numbers are going to get ugly soon. 

Def don't like to see the 6 BB. I guess just a watch for me in a 20 teamer as a former top prospect. There must be something to his stuff that had the top guys in the industry ranking him so high!

Keller looks like the same thing as Cole. Former starter that was meh/underwhelming but maybe don't have to worry about pacing himself for 80-100 pitchers or painting the corners and can throw a little harder, etc. I heard they had planned on eventually letting him start again, but maybe he will do well in this new role at the back end of the pen and run with it? 

Adam Conley has been working out of the pen with good success (4.1 IP,  0 runs, 3 hits, 6/1 K/bb ratop) thus far.  He hasn't a hold yet (one win when he came in team down by one) and there aren't a lot of leads in Miami to capitalize on but I think he's the only lefty in the pen.   Mattingly has stated he views him somewhat in a Andrew Miller manner.  Might be some holds maybe even saves upside there...

https://www.rotowire.com/baseball/player.htm?id=12202&refer=SportsRef

Edited by knuckleheads

4 hours ago, knuckleheads said:

Adam Conley has been working out of the pen with good success (4.1 IP,  0 runs, 3 hits, 6/1 K/bb ratop) thus far.  He hasn't a hold yet (one win when he came in team down by one) and there aren't a lot of leads in Miami to capitalize on but I think he's the only lefty in the pen.   Mattingly has stated he views him somewhat in a Andrew Miller manner.  Might be some holds maybe even saves upside there...

https://www.rotowire.com/baseball/player.htm?id=12202&refer=SportsRef

Always felt like he was a below average starter with better than average stuff. A move to the pen might be great for him!

1 hour ago, corey_rideout said:

Always felt like he was a below average starter with better than average stuff. A move to the pen might be great for him!

Agreed...

Attention Hicks haters:

Hicks goes 2 innings and getting his K's up (7 in his last 5.2 innings) ...doing the job. Also 105 is just silly... 

Edited by bliner13

Gsellman with the save tonight, flipped with familia.

I doubt that means he's closing, but maybe on occasion.

He was dropped in my league and i just swapped Peacock for him.

14 hours ago, hoops886 said:

Love Conley. Always though his stuff was electrics 

He was a pretty regular streaming option for me a few years back when had some very good and even dominate outings from time to time. I thought he was eventually  going to turn into a guy you couldn't drop but that never panned out.  I just read somewhere that he topped 97mph the other day and again he is the only lefty (I think) in the pen so just for matchups alone there should be some holds coming soon. And once Ziegler is finally cleared out of the way I think Conley might even nab a bigger part of that bullpen somewhere.

Edited by knuckleheads

8 minutes ago, knuckleheads said:

He was a pretty regular streaming option for me a few years back when had some very good and even dominate outings from time to time. I thought he was eventually  going to turn into a guy you couldn't drop but that never panned out.  I just read somewhere that he topped 97mph the other day and again he is the only lefty (I think) in the pen so just for matchups alone there should be some holds coming soon. And once Ziegler is finally cleared out of the way I think Conley might even nab a bigger part of that bullpen somewhere.

Jarlin Garcia is also a lefty starter who is now being used in the bullpen now. He hasn't been very good anywhere thus far though. Conley is the guy to watch.

Edited by knuckleheads

What does everyone think about Ryan Yarborough? He no longer starts and basically has the chance of a win. Looks like a lock for 5+IP and 4+K on a week to week basis.

On 6/6/2018 at 9:45 AM, En Votto Veritas said:

I was waiting for the HLD with Conley and he got it last night.  I'm in.  But every time I've picked up Hicks he's blown up heavy so... :unsure:

And... he promptly blew up.  Sorry guys.

Joe Biagini got a hold today and now has a 2.00 era since June 17, with 6 appearances in the past 10 days and 2 holds total; seems to be righting the ship and I think the results should lead to continued high-leverage usage. Thoughts?

• Thanks 1