dashoe

Alshon Jeffery 2018 Outlook

Alshon Jeffery (chest) did not practice Wednesday.

Reports out of Philly are the injury is "nothing serious." Jeffery just played his first game in nearly eight months last week and went 8-105-1 on nine targets. He's ready to roll as a WR2 this week against the Vikings.
Oct 3 - 3:53 PM

Man now thats how you play! Guy dropped one ball and at least half of those catches were in tight coverage. They also got him involved in the short passing game. His only drop was another long TD throw too. I like what I see.

This guy fell to the 9th in my draft...and if you told me he'd be a WR1 on his first game back....well....we're all fools now.

Top-15 ROS

• Like 1

Does rhoades shadow or usually stay to one side? Also does Philly move Jeffery around or does he usually line up on the same side each snap?

1 minute ago, LionKid90 said:

Does rhoades shadow or usually stay to one side? Also does Philly move Jeffery around or does he usually line up on the same side each snap?

I believe Rhodes shadows the teams WR1. 

Roto calling Alshon a "boom or bust" WR3 this week. Lol, who the F writes these blurbs?

Edited by Pooskay
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pooskay said:

Roto calling Alshon a "boom or bust" WR3 this week. Lol, who the F writes these blurbs?

They also called John Brown a "boom or bust WR3". Pretty sure both will not be a bust... plug em in!

15 hours ago, FinsUp24 said:

I believe Rhodes shadows the teams WR1. 

From what I read online the vikings do a man/zone scheme. They play pure man coverage about 1/3 of the time. Depends on what the offense shows and game flow I'm sure. 

• Like 1

He definitely looked like a stud last week, but is anyone concerned about his schedule ROS? Minn, Jags, Was, NYG x 2, Saints....a lot of elite corners coming up

23 hours ago, Pooskay said:

didn't they also say to stay away from drafting juju? lol. 

39 minutes ago, Hogman said:

He definitely looked like a stud last week, but is anyone concerned about his schedule ROS? Minn, Jags, Was, NYG x 2, Saints....a lot of elite corners coming up

Not worried with any of those teams except Jags, but I would still play him. 

4 hours ago, Hogman said:

Wentz is a QB that's not afraid to throw into good coverage if he believes in his guy.  With Agholor and Matthews drops, Jeffery and Ertz are the guys he trusts.  Hopefully that continues.

• Like 1

Rhodes pretty much took him out of the game, and he had one pretty brutal drop. Should fare better next week. 

Edited by FlashGordon401

Janoris Jenkins next week. I think Rhodes is the tougher between the two because of his size, but next week is far from an easy matchup.

Feels like this is gonna be a low scoring grind it out game between these two teams. Especially on a Thursday night.

You guys rolling him out this week?  I'm thinking I have to with Cooks still having a big Q next to him.

5 minutes ago, humanpuck said:

You guys rolling him out this week?  I'm thinking I have to with Cooks still having a big Q next to him.

My only  other option is J. Gordon.

A. Jeffery had middling results last year against NYG. Something like 4-50 each game where in one of the games he grabbed a TD. 

J. Jenkins will probably be on him. Everyone is saying he isn't all that, but Rhodes must have shut down Jeffery pretty good last week.

PHI may be even more pass happy than before with Ajayi out.

28 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

My only  other option is J. Gordon.

A. Jeffery had middling results last year against NYG. Something like 4-50 each game where in one of the games he grabbed a TD. 

J. Jenkins will probably be on him. Everyone is saying he isn't all that, but Rhodes must have shut down Jeffery pretty good last week.

PHI may be even more pass happy than before with Ajayi out.

Maybe I'm overthinking this now, but he's back on my bench.  I looked the Giants last few games and they've done a great job keeping #1 WR's out of the end zone with both Thomas and Hopkins having subpar games against Jenkins.  I really hate fantasy football.

Somebody in the weather thread just indicated that there are flash flood warnings in the NYC area.

Hmmm. Something to watch for around kickoff if you have other options.

I'm on the fence right now. This could knock me over if I see the ESPN crew getting pummelled by torrential rain in pre game.

57 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Somebody in the weather thread just indicated that there are flash flood warnings in the NYC area.

Hmmm. Something to watch for around kickoff if you have other options.

I'm on the fence right now. This could knock me over if I see the ESPN crew getting pummelled by torrential rain in pre game.

Crap...I've got Ertz in every league I'm in LOL and Jeffrey in 2.