dashoe

Alshon Jeffery 2018 Outlook

Rotoworld’s little Giants vs Eagles matchup blurb made me feel a little better about Jeffrey. Saying that he played 50% of his snaps out of the slot last week to try and get away from shadow coverage and that Jenkins only travels to the slot 5% of the time. Evidently Jenkins hasn’t been his stud self this season, but I don’t read to much into that. 

1 hour ago, FinsUp24 said:

Rotoworld’s little Giants vs Eagles matchup blurb made me feel a little better about Jeffrey. Saying that he played 50% of his snaps out of the slot last week to try and get away from shadow coverage and that Jenkins only travels to the slot 5% of the time. Evidently Jenkins hasn’t been his stud self this season, but I don’t read to much into that. 

I've read differing reports on Jenkins. Think the last three WRs he's faced have not fared too well.

45 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

I've read differing reports on Jenkins. Think the last three WRs he's faced have not fared too well.

Pretty mind boggling. Rotoworld says he's having a tough year. Then I read Jenkins has shut down his last three opponents he has shadowed.

It can't be both, but if I had to choose a side, it would be against rotoworld writers, simply because they seem to have a case of mush brain.

Edited by DillyDilly
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DillyDilly said:

Pretty mind boggling. Rotoworld says he's having a tough year. Then I read Jenkins has shut down his last three opponents he has shadowed.

It can't be both, but if I had to choose a side, it would be against rotoworld writers, simply because they seem to have a case of mush brain.

Here's FantasyPros take:

Alshon Jeffery: Despite being shadowed by Xavier Rhodes, Jeffery saw eight targets last week, so Wentz isn’t afraid to throw it in his direction. While he finished with just two catches for 39 yards, it’s what makes Jeffery impossible to bench. He’s always going to get his targets, but he’s also going to have another brutal matchup in Week 6 against Janoris Jenkins. Over the last three weeks, here’s a list of the wide receivers he’s shadowed and what he’s allowed: DeAndre Hopkins (6/86/0), Michael Thomas(4/47/0), and Devin Funchess (4/53/0). Needless to say, it’s not going to be an easy road to fantasy points for Jeffery this week, though he’ll get his opportunities, making him a lower-upside WR2/3 option.

So was Jenkins really shadowing Hopkins and Thomas?

I thought Jenkins doesn't normally shadow one player.

I’m gonna start him tonight just because of the amount of targets alone. Even if Jenkins is on him majority of the time, someone like Tavon Austin completely burned him on a deep ball for a TD earlier in the season. He has his ups and downs. 

44 minutes ago, Jaw1 said:

Does no Ajayi improve his outlook any? More RZ looks? 

I don’t think it really moves the needle one way or the other. I think they trust Clement and Smallwood so the offensive philosophy probably won’t change a whole lot with Ajayi out. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kyoun1e said:

Here's FantasyPros take:

Alshon Jeffery: Despite being shadowed by Xavier Rhodes, Jeffery saw eight targets last week, so Wentz isn’t afraid to throw it in his direction. While he finished with just two catches for 39 yards, it’s what makes Jeffery impossible to bench. He’s always going to get his targets, but he’s also going to have another brutal matchup in Week 6 against Janoris Jenkins. Over the last three weeks, here’s a list of the wide receivers he’s shadowed and what he’s allowed: DeAndre Hopkins (6/86/0), Michael Thomas(4/47/0), and Devin Funchess (4/53/0). Needless to say, it’s not going to be an easy road to fantasy points for Jeffery this week, though he’ll get his opportunities, making him a lower-upside WR2/3 option.

None of those teams have TE to speak of, inc CAR when Olson was out

I think the Gmen focus on Ertz more than Alshon

I have no clue what to do. Torn on him being shadowed. Torn on the weather. I will be diddling with him until game time. And you can bet that whatever I decide will be wrong.

5 minutes ago, DillyDilly said:

I have no clue what to do. Torn on him being shadowed. Torn on the weather. I will be diddling with him until game time. And you can bet that whatever I decide will be wrong.

Ditto.

I think he is a fairly safe sit tonight unless you don't have other options. WR is so deep, and where Alshon was drafted, I think most people should have other guys to start this week. He will see Jenkins when he lines up on the outside, he may avoid him in the slot though. I heard its going to be pretty rainy in NY, I'd expect a lot of running. The game being on Thursday also leans me towards staying away from him tonight.

• Haha 1

He’s getting a ton of targets

If he can stay healthy from where he was drafted he’s gonna be one of the biggest steals of the year 

High-end WR2 at minimum ROS. People forget the talent he is. It wasn't long ago he was being drafted as a top ten WR. That didn't pan out courtesy of scrubs like Matt Barkley and a suspension but he is with an elite QB now. The Eagles pay him top dollar for a reason.

Pretty confident in him being my WR3 ROS in a 12 team league.  He's been getting loads of targets and Wentz should just get better as the season goes along

He is playing the Panthers next week and I am a little nervous. Alshon's elementary school girlfriend had a puppy that nipped him on his shoe causing him to fall off his bike and scrape his elbow. The bad memories associated with his fall will probably come into play while flying over her house resulting in a 3/34 effort. Should I bench him or just go with Devante Parker?

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Ace_King said:

High-end WR2 at minimum ROS. People forget the talent he is. It wasn't long ago he was being drafted as a top ten WR. That didn't pan out courtesy of scrubs like Matt Barkley and a suspension but he is with an elite QB now. The Eagles pay him top dollar for a reason.

Wentz was looking his way early even when the ball went somewhere else. 12 targets tonight. I'm thinking same as you, my high end wr2 behind KAllen for me. I guess Tate will be flex in good match ups. First world problems. Somehow I got Alshon round 13. I guess guys in my league avoided him because of injury. Seems like my steal of the draft.

• Like 1

He is a top WR talent in the NFL with Wentz warming up and the entire offense starting to gel. Helps to face the Giants defense I guess since they looked like they didn't even want to play tonight. Janoris Jenkins didn't even try to cover a number of times.

Borderline WR1. If not a WR1. 12 targets from wentz. What I like is how he came up short on that TD by one yard. So they just go right back to him on the next play.

• Like 1