dashoe

Alshon Jeffery 2018 Outlook

7 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

He is playing the Panthers next week and I am a little nervous. Alshon's elementary school girlfriend had a puppy that nipped him on his shoe causing him to fall off his bike and scrape his elbow. The bad memories associated with his fall will probably come into play while flying over her house resulting in a 3/34 effort. Should I bench him or just go with Devante Parker?

Just show him a picture of her now. It'll wash away after a good chuckle. Rhonda really let herself go... :D

Nobody should have to start Parker... my god. :D

25 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

He is playing the Panthers next week and I am a little nervous. Alshon's elementary school girlfriend had a puppy that nipped him on his shoe causing him to fall off his bike and scrape his elbow. The bad memories associated with his fall will probably come into play while flying over her house resulting in a 3/34 effort. Should I bench him or just go with Devante Parker?

These two are not mutually exclusive, my good sir. You can have your cake and eat it too!

Edited by Trifecta

Yeah I think he is pretty much a must start from now on. Elite talent and a great QB throwing him the ball. I feel dumb for benching him but never really considered it.

5 minutes ago, LionKid90 said:

Yeah I think he is pretty much a must start from now on. Elite talent and a great QB throwing him the ball. I feel dumb for benching him but never really considered it.

Didn't you draft this guy to at least be a WR2? Unless your that well off at WR he is a must start at the WR2 slot at the bare minimum.

Look at his last few weeks schedule. Texans at home championship game. Rams away week 15. Shootout city. Dallas week 14 another divisional matchup. Redskins week 13. His schedule is nice the rest of the way except for one away game at JAX week 8. Only game I would consider benching him.

Edited by StevenSC400

19 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

This guy was a steal for many in drafts due to his injury. 

He was a risk considering his injury at the time and his injury history. But man, he looked 100% last night, and now seems very much the steal.

giphy.gif

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, ponchsox said:

This guy was a steal for many in drafts due to his injury. 

If he plays the rest of the season he'll be a great value, he doesn't do that very often though.

Touchdowns and red zone targets from a top wide receiver is a sight for sore eyes.  Schedule is kind of brutal though.  How is Wash and Dallas against no 1 receivers?

Advice: It was an easy night at the office for Jeffery, who benefitted from Carson Wentz's play-making ability on the run. Jeffery had few issues with Janoris Jenkins' coverage. The Eagles' No. 1 receiver is up to three scores in three games since making his 2018 debut. He'll be a back-end WR2 for next week's date with the Panthers.

Translation: He's seen good results through 3 games and his QB is looking great!  Low end-WR2.

Who comes up with this s---? :lol:

9 hours ago, StevenSC400 said:

Didn't you draft this guy to at least be a WR2? Unless your that well off at WR he is a must start at the WR2 slot at the bare minimum.

I think people like myself drafted him as a lotto ticket. His ADP was in the 30s at WR and 70s overall. People rightfully worry about Alshon and injuries. I owned him last season and thought I got him at a steal. Unfortunately, I did not play him yet and I have to find a way to get him in my lineup.

6 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

Advice: It was an easy night at the office for Jeffery, who benefitted from Carson Wentz's play-making ability on the run. Jeffery had few issues with Janoris Jenkins' coverage. The Eagles' No. 1 receiver is up to three scores in three games since making his 2018 debut. He'll be a back-end WR2 for next week's date with the Panthers.

Translation: He's seen good results through 3 games and his QB is looking great!  Low end-WR2.

I was wondering the same thing. Those guys are on some serious drugs.

10 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

I don't understand RW writer rankings. Alshon is a tier1 WR when healthy and Wentz has the offense rolling. And Wentz has been getting better every week and Alshon looks healthy. He is a back-end WR1 or borderline WR1.

3 minutes ago, devaster said:

I don't understand RW writer rankings. Alshon is a tier1 WR when healthy and Wentz has the offense rolling. And Wentz has been getting better every week and Alshon looks healthy. He is a back-end WR1 or borderline WR1.

Curious to see where fantasy pros ranks him this week, which is a average of all the so called "expert" rankings. This week he was ranked 23rd. 

It really doesn't matter where he is ranked if he keep racking up points. He's an easy start regardless going forward.

Edited by DillyDilly

Like, I'm not calling him a WR1, but the dude is averaging like 10 targets, 70 yards and a TD per game.  Put some respek on this man name!!

6 minutes ago, devaster said:

Sounds like the RW writer is salty. Alshon has 3 TDs in three games since he’s returned. If Alshon is a low-end WR2 then Julio Jones is a WR3.

Edited by ponchsox
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Kyle87 said:

If he plays the rest of the season he'll be a great value, he doesn't do that very often though.

Am I missing something? Last year he had the torn rotator cuff and got full body massages on Friday to help with that and overall injury prevention and it seems he didn’t have any lower body injuries last year. 

The last one I’m seeing is Sept 2016 for a lower body injury. When has he missed games recently?

3 minutes ago, DillyDilly said:

Curious to see where fantasy pros ranks him this week, which is a average of all the so called "expert" rankings. This week he was ranked 23rd. 

It really doesn't matter where he is ranked if he keep racking up points. He's an easy start regardless going forward.

Based on the FantasyPros rankings this week, I'd have him around the 12-15 range going forward.

He should absolutely NOT be behind Tyler Boyd, Emanuel Sanders, John Brown, Corey Davis, Julian Edelman, Ect.. Like he currently is. That's ridiculous. I'd even put him ahead of Jarvis Landry. 

He's a back end WR1, high end WR2. 

End of Discussion. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rickydragon said:

Touchdowns and red zone targets from a top wide receiver is a sight for sore eyes.  Schedule is kind of brutal though.  How is Wash and Dallas against no 1 receivers?

Wash is 11 and Dallas is 19 per dvoa. Byron jones on Dallas is really good but he doesn’t seem to travel and Brown, who plays opposite him, is really bad. Norman also doesn’t travel and is struggling from what I hear on podcasts. 

Pederson schemes alshon open though. He will move him in the slot sometimes where almost all shadow corners don’t move to. 

Alshon is playing exactly how he played last year....maybe even better now that him and Wentz are getting more comfortable with each other.

WR1/2

48 minutes ago, ellie826 said:

Am I missing something? Last year he had the torn rotator cuff and got full body massages on Friday to help with that and overall injury prevention and it seems he didn’t have any lower body injuries last year. 

The last one I’m seeing is Sept 2016 for a lower body injury. When has he missed games recently?

Umm start of this season?  Like 2 weeks ago....

You guys really shouldn't be paying that much attention to rankings. They ranked julio in the top 5 every game last year. They did not stop all year. He had like 3 blow out games all year long. They crapped on robby anderson last year. Just two examples. These guys really don't know any more than you or me. Rank your own players.

6 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

You guys really shouldn't be paying that much attention to rankings. They ranked julio in the top 5 every game last year. They did not stop all year. He had like 3 blow out games all year long. They crapped on robby anderson last year. Just two examples. These guys really don't know any more than you or me. Rank your own players.

Didn't Julio finish in the top-5 for WR? Not a great example to use Julio.

4 minutes ago, devaster said:

Didn't Julio finish in the top-5 for WR? Not a great example to use Julio.

Julio was #6 in standard scoring and had 5 games higher than 10 points all last year. He had one monster blowout 40 point game which bumped his rankings. Outside of that one game he was a major bust. Similar thing happening again this year.

Edited by StevenSC400

5 hours ago, Kyle87 said:

When else has he missed games besides this year when he was recovering from shoulder surgery. Your post makes it sounds like he has a high chance of a season ending injury,which I’ve never heard of when describing Jeffery’s injury history, or he will miss games because of injury, which is something a lot of people say but I can’t seem to find where he is missing games because of soft tissue/lower body injuries. Been reading people say beware of alshons injury history and how he always missed games in Chicago because of soft tissue but I haven’t seen anything recently.