dashoe

Alshon Jeffery 2018 Outlook

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, DezBryant88 said:

 

Jacksonville sucks.

 

Jalen Ramsey doesn't. He held Hopkins to 3 for 50 today, His worst game of the season. You are nuts iff you think Jefferey is going to go off on Ramsey lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dexter75 said:

 

Jalen Ramsey doesn't. He held Hopkins to 3 for 50 today, His worst game of the season. You are nuts iff you think Jefferey is going to go off on Ramsey lol. 

 

Heavily involved, Ramsey being on the field nonstop cause Jags offense can't do a damn thing. Jeffrey will be just fine.. don't think about it too much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah Ramsey is still a great corner even though the Jags defense is having a weak season. Take away the TD from Hop and he is basically held to two catches in the game. I think Alshon is basically a must start, but if you have other options with great match ups I think it is fine to go with them. WR is pretty deep this season, so there is chance you have 3 or 4 guys on your team who are capable of nice games. I do like that Wentz doesn't mind forcing the ball into small windows which should help Alshon. I just think expectations should be different for this game, don't forget what Alshon did a couple weeks ago against Minnesota and Xavier Rhoades. Any great WR is capable of being held in check.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Alshon is a must start.  Double digit targets is almost a guarantee weekly.   They don’t have the luxury of going away from him.    Philly is pretty limited on offense currently.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't see Jeffery having a solid game whatsoever. I think Wentz will be smart enough to spread it around which should mean a big day for Ertz and Agholor. 

 

If Ramsey shadows him, I don't see double digit targets to Jeffery. I see more like 6 targets 4 catches 43 yards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, tpat30 said:

I don't see Jeffery having a solid game whatsoever. I think Wentz will be smart enough to spread it around which should mean a big day for Ertz and Agholor. 

 

If Ramsey shadows him, I don't see double digit targets to Jeffery. I see more like 6 targets 4 catches 43 yards.

sigh......

 

another week, another round of owners disappointed they benched him.    It’s not this tough people.  Alshon is their best weapon on offense.  He’s going to get fed, and they need him to move the ball.     I wonder what the reason will be the following week....

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s not cut and dry with Alshon this week. He isn’t a must start, but he also isn’t a bench just because of his matchup. Most people in here drafted Jeffery as their WR3, so if you have some other guys with great matchups I think you can play them. To say he is matchup proof isn’t true, Rhodes completely kept him in check. Alshon went off against weaker competition, Ramsey is an elite corner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Impreza178 said:

sigh......

 

another week, another round of owners disappointed they benched him.    It’s not this tough people.  Alshon is their best weapon on offense.  He’s going to get fed, and they need him to move the ball.     I wonder what the reason will be the following week....

 

I've been starting him since he's been back. If I have a better option, I'll sit him.

 

Hopkins had at least 6 catches and 78 yards in his first 5 games. Buffalo has a decent corner too. Ramsey is even better. The results?

 

5 for 63 1TD

3 for 50 1TD against Ramsey.

 

Now with my 4 for 43 yards line, one of those catches could be a TD since Jeffery has beasted in the redzone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Impreza178 said:

sigh......

 

another week, another round of owners disappointed they benched him.    It’s not this tough people.  Alshon is their best weapon on offense.  He’s going to get fed, and they need him to move the ball.     I wonder what the reason will be the following week....

 

Well he struggled in his matchup with Xavier Rhodes... so... there’s that. Also, he’s great, but he’s not their best weapon, Ertz is.

 

It’s not that easy with Alshon... because of where he was drafted, owners likely have other good options at WR.  Personally, I have Hopkins and Julio because I went WR/WR at the 1-2 turn.  So then you look at plugging him in your Flex spot, where he competes with RBs as well.  I had him in all week, and ended up sitting him for Tarik Cohen at the last moment because of the strong winds in Philly.  I was kicking myself halfway through the game, but they ended up scoring the exact same amount in my 0.5ppr so it didn’t matter this week.

 

It all depends on your other options.  Alshon is a top 15 WR IMO, but he’s not top-5, must start in any matchup like Hopkins was against Jax this week.  

 

Wentz is an efficient QB.  He knows Alshon is his best WR, but if he has a tough matchup he’s not afraid to spread the ball elsewhere (like against the Vikings).  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

 

Well he struggled in his matchup with Xavier Rhodes... so... there’s that. Also, he’s great, but he’s not their best weapon, Ertz is.

 

It’s not that easy with Alshon... because of where he was drafted, owners likely have other good options at WR.  Personally, I have Hopkins and Julio because I went WR/WR at the 1-2 turn.  So then you look at plugging him in your Flex spot, where he competes with RBs as well.  I had him in all week, and ended up sitting him for Tarik Cohen at the last moment because of the strong winds in Philly.  I was kicking myself halfway through the game, but they ended up scoring the exact same amount in my 0.5ppr so it didn’t matter this week.

 

It all depends on your other options.  Alshon is a top 15 WR IMO, but he’s not top-5, must start in any matchup like Hopkins was against Jax this week.  

 

Wentz is an efficient QB.  He knows Alshon is his best WR, but if he has a tough matchup he’s not afraid to spread the ball elsewhere (like against the Vikings).  

We’ll have to disagree on who the best weapon is.   Philly was brutal without anyone to spread the field and make the defense pay for cramming the line.   Goederts been very useful as well.   They’re both benefitting big time from Wentz and Alshons connection.

 

Secondly- AJeff is a top 10 wr since his return.  Might be top 5 I’d have to look.    You don’t sit those guys getting cute with matchups- at least I don’t.   It was a mistake avoiding Jeffrey in their home loss to Minnesota.   They’ll find ways to get him his 10 targets and some are likely in the RZ- as @tpat30 mentioned.   I don’t expect a huge game but he’s going to get work.  

 

Give me a 6/78/1 line.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You don’t know who Ramsey is going to shadow yet. Ertz is actually getting more targets than Jeffrey to my knowledge and Ramsey shadowed gronk vs the pats. So it’s not a lock he’s even on Jeffrey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

You don’t know who Ramsey is going to shadow yet. Ertz is actually getting more targets than Jeffrey to my knowledge and Ramsey shadowed gronk vs the pats. So it’s not a lock he’s even on Jeffrey.

 

The smart money says Jeffery, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

You don’t know who Ramsey is going to shadow yet. Ertz is actually getting more targets than Jeffrey to my knowledge and Ramsey shadowed gronk vs the pats. So it’s not a lock he’s even on Jeffrey.

 

That’s probably more of a product of the Pats not having a true #1 WR then the fact that they feel the need to put him on every elite TE.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

 

That’s probably more of a product of the Pats not having a true #1 WR then the fact that they feel the need to put him on every elite TE.

 

This is probably true however it still becomes an option of who they choose to take out. The safety valve in Ertz or the big play threat in jeffery? I agree that I would think he goes on Jeffery but he could also rotate and there is still a chance they put him on Ertz for the simple reason that he's one of the only corners to be able to cover a big play TE all by himself. Either way unless you hit big on WRs its hard for me to bench this guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It will most likely be Jeffery. It was between Gronk or Hogan with the Pats, which is not even close. Ertz and Jeffery are pretty close and it would make sense for a corner to guard the receiver. Expect to see him guarding Jeffery on Sunday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He looked good to me on Sunday,  made some impressive catches. I think he is a must start regardless of the matchup

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm nervous about this week. If you are 3-4 or worse, I would definitely try to move him considering he gets Ramsey then a bye.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Impreza178 said:

sigh......

 

another week, another round of owners disappointed they benched him.    It’s not this tough people.  Alshon is their best weapon on offense.  He’s going to get fed, and they need him to move the ball.     I wonder what the reason will be the following week....

 

You only have to look back to week 5 against Minnesota when Rhodes was on Jefferey. He caught 2 of 8 targets for 39 yards and had 5 points. Thats the kind of day you are looking at against Ramsey. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dexter75 said:

 

You only have to look back to week 5 against Minnesota when Rhodes was on Jefferey. He caught 2 of 8 targets for 39 yards and had 5 points. Thats the kind of day you are looking at against Ramsey. 

Beckham had 11 catches for 111 yards against the Jags

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, tim14125 said:

Beckham had 11 catches for 111 yards against the Jags

 

They mostly played zone in that game and Jefferey is no OBJ...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Singing in Dwayne said:

I'm nervous about this week. If you are 3-4 or worse, I would definitely try to move him considering he gets Ramsey then a bye.

lol Jags D has been trash 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dexter75 said:

 

They mostly played zone in that game and Jefferey is no OBJ...

 

 

 

OBJ has barely been OBJ this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.