dashoe

Alshon Jeffery 2018 Outlook

1 hour ago, HarambeLives said:

OBJ has barely been OBJ this year. 

Wrong.  He’s #7 overall in standard with 82 points, tied with Antonio Brown.

The post right before yours was also dead wrong.  Jacksonville has been underachieving on defense, but they still have superstars like Ramsay who will shut you down.

Thread is starting to get a bit sloppy.  Do better, fellas.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tommy Lee Jones said:

Wrong.  He’s #7 overall in standard with 82 points, tied with Antonio Brown.

The post right before yours was also dead wrong.  Jacksonville has been underachieving on defense, but they still have superstars like Ramsay who will shut you down.

Thread is starting to get a bit sloppy.  Do better, fellas.

Odell Top 20 pick - 11.5 ppg 

alshon round 8 - 13.75 ppg

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, ellie826 said:

Odell Top 20 pick - 11.5 ppg 

alshon round 8 - 13.75 ppg

Is there a discernible point here?  Only Tyreek Hill and Adam Thielen are averaging more than 13.75 per game.

Are you saying that Jeffery poses a more difficult matchup for Ramsay than Beckham?  Because if that’s your point, it’s laughable.

Count me among those that think Ramsey probably shuts him down.  Yeah, JAX defense isn't what it was last year, we all agree, but they're still the #1 defense in allowing fantasy points to opposing WR.

With that said, I'll be firing up Alshon anyway due to byes :D

Ill be benching him, BUT BUT, I’ve got Adams, Hilton, Gordon to mess around with better matchups.

Jeffery is my bye-week filler as well, but not expecting much from him this week.

40-60 yds :-/

Got to start him with the bye-pocalypse. Hoping for the best. He has been pretty good since his return. Still the WR1 of the Eagles. 

JAX is #1 in points allowed to WRs.

#1 WR performance:

* D. Hopkins: 3-50-1: Got a TD that saved his day.

* Dallas WRs: Cole Beasley smoked them but he's in the slot.

* T. Hill: 4-61-0

* Jets WRs: Not worth me typing

* C. Davis: 2-34-0

* C. Hogan: 3-42-2 (A bit flukey; Doubt Ramsey was on him)

* O. Beckham: 11-111-0 (Impressive)

I see a sliver of hope, but I don't see a ton of ceiling here. Hard to sit. Guy has been rolling.

On 10/23/2018 at 12:35 PM, Nah85 said:

Ill be benching him, BUT BUT, I’ve got Adams, Hilton, Gordon to mess around with better matchups.

I'm debating Gordon vs. Jeffery myself but don't think Gordon has much of a better matchup. T. White is emerging as one of the best lockdown corners in the league. 

The rest of Buffalo may s*ck but he does not.

This may help Jeffery. AJ's absence can only help. Doubt Ramsey will be able to stay on Jeffery 100% of snaps.

A.J. Bouye - DB - Jaguars

Jaguars CB A.J. Bouye (calf) is out for Week 8 against the Eagles.

17 hours ago, kyoun1e said:

I'm debating Gordon vs. Jeffery myself but don't think Gordon has much of a better matchup. T. White is emerging as one of the best lockdown corners in the league. 

This may help Jeffery. AJ's absence can only help. Doubt Ramsey will be able to stay on Jeffery 100% of snaps.

Not sure if that changes anything hmmm.  Wentz does have no fear of throwing to Jeffrey anyway no matter who is covering Jeffrey.  Tough decision.

17 hours ago, kyoun1e said:

It’s easily Jeffrey for me.   Gordon is TD or bust- sorry to say.   As much as people want to talk about snap count or Brady’s kind words...he’s a 3-5 catch guy who you hope can score.   

12 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

It’s easily Jeffrey for me.   Gordon is TD or bust- sorry to say.   As much as people want to talk about snap count or Brady’s kind words...he’s a 3-5 catch guy who you hope can score.   

Gordon had 14 PPR points last week without a TD.  Just saying...

1 minute ago, JJ1223 said:

Gordon had 14 PPR points last week without a TD.  Just saying...

He was like 3 for 40 until that long catch- which he didn’t have the burst to house.   That offense goes through their underneath players and Gronk. 

3 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

He was like 3 for 40 until that long catch- which he didn’t have the burst to house.   That offense goes through their underneath players and Gronk. 

For now...

16 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

For now...

Fair to speculate on Gordon...but no speculation needed with Alshon.  He’s the focal point of the passing game.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Fair to speculate on Gordon...but no speculation needed with Alshon.  He’s the focal point of the passing game.  

More like a focal point of the passing game .  You’re forgetting target monster ertz 

3 minutes ago, afgolfman666 said:

More like a focal point of the passing game .  You’re forgetting target monster ertz 

I’m not forgetting anyone...Ertz is great.   But Jeffrey has had 7+ catches in 3/4 games this season and their offense was pitiful without him.   Zero threat of a downfield pass.  He makes everything underneath to Ertz, Goedert, etc work better.

Edited by Impreza178

2 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

I’m not forgetting anyone...Ertz is great.   But Jeffrey has had 7+ catches in 3/4 games this season and their offense was pitiful without him.   Zero threat of a downfield pass.  He makes everything underneath to Ertz, Goedert, etc work better.

Ertz has had more targets and catches in every game except week 6 where Alshon had 12 to Ertz' 9. What are you even talking about?

4 minutes ago, Godfather131 said:

Ertz has had more targets and catches in every game except week 6 where Alshon had 12 to Ertz' 9. What are you even talking about?

I can’t say it much clearer.  

Eagles without Alshon = bad 

Eagles with Alshon= good 

Ertz SHOULD have more targets and catches if the offense is humming.    However,  If he was injured- Goedert would still fill in admirably.  Without Alshon they are a shell of their potential.  There is no one else on the roster that forces adjustments in coverage down the field.    It was obvious the difference from his very first week back.  

• Like 1

Ertz and Alshon make each other better.  Without one, defenses can focus on the other.  Having both on the field gives Wentz no less then two legit options, opens up the defense, keeps drives going, ultimately allowing more plays and scoring chances.

• Like 1