dashoe

Alshon Jeffery 2018 Outlook

7 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

Ertz and Alshon make each other better.  Without one, defenses can focus on the other.  Having both on the field gives Wentz no less then two legit options, opens up the defense, keeps drives going, ultimately allowing more plays and scoring chances.

Yep-  no need to get caught up in a protracted Ertz vs Jeffery debate.   They’re both the focal points and both will get fed regardless of matchup concerns.   

Correct me if im wrong, but both are top 3 positionally since Alshons return.   That’s not someone Id bench even in tougher matchups.   

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Yep-  no need to get caught up in a protracted Ertz vs Jeffery debate.   They’re both the focal points and both will get fed regardless of matchup concerns.   

Correct me if im wrong, but both are top 3 positionally since Alshons return.   That’s not someone Id bench even in tougher matchups.   

You said Jeffrey was the focal point and dismissed Ertz when someone said not to forget about him. I was just correcting you. And to say the Eagles are good right now without Ertz is absolutely ridiculous and based on nothing really. And the games Jeffrey missed (where they were bad according to you) were mostly with Foles under center anyway.

So to be clear, they are both damn important to the Eagles offense.

2 minutes ago, Godfather131 said:

You said Jeffrey was the focal point and dismissed Ertz when someone said not to forget about him. I was just correcting you. And to say the Eagles are good right now without Ertz is absolutely ridiculous and based on nothing really. And the games Jeffrey missed (where they were bad according to you) were mostly with Foles under center anyway.

If you want to give Wentz a pass early that’s fine- but they still looked the same until Alshon was back.  It was night and day almost instantly.   

Ertz is the best of their shorter targets but not the only one.   Jefferey is the ONLY downfield threat.   He is the one passcatcher they really can’t be without.   

JMO of course, from owning a ton of Eagles players and watching all the games.    

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Godfather131 said:

If ertz goes down they plug in Goedert and don't miss much.

If Jeffrey goes down they are not nearly as good of an offense.

1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

If ertz goes down they plug in Goedert and don't miss much.

If Jeffrey goes down they are not nearly as good of an offense.

Show me the proof for when Ertz goes down and their offense barely skips a beat?

Or is this just an opinion based on nothing that you're claiming as fact so that it strengthens what you are saying?

You are comparing an offense that Foles started without Jeffrey to an offense that Wentz has WITH Jeffrey. Ertz hasn't missed any time. The comparison is obvious, with Wentz and with Jeffrey, they are obviously better but your lumping Ertz into the equation doesn't make any sense.

Edited by Godfather131

1 hour ago, Impreza178 said:

If you want to give Wentz a pass early that’s fine- but they still looked the same until Alshon was back.  It was night and day almost instantly.   

Ertz is the best of their shorter targets but not the only one.   Jefferey is the ONLY downfield threat.   He is the one passcatcher they really can’t be without.   

JMO of course, from owning a ton of Eagles players and watching all the games.    

Huh?

They looked the same as what until Alshon got back? Ertz hasn't been out this year so making any definitive claims about how the offense is the same without him this season makes ZERO sense lol.

*I don't even have Ertz rostered on any of my teams, but do have Alshon* but your claims make no sense.

1 hour ago, Godfather131 said:

Huh?

They looked the same as what until Alshon got back? Ertz hasn't been out this year so making any definitive claims about how the offense is the same without him this season makes ZERO sense lol.

*I don't even have Ertz rostered on any of my teams, but do have Alshon* but your claims make no sense.

Goedert can do what ertz does.

Nobody else on Philly can do what alshon does.

4 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25083654/three-jacksonville-jaguars-cornerbacks-sidelined-vs-philadelphia-eagles

Three JAX corners out. Rookies starting.

This has to be good for Jeffery...unless Ramsey shadows him everywhere? I know Jeffery moves all over.

Even if Ramsey does shadow, Pederson will scheme Jeffery open. He’s playing almost 20% of snaps in the slot.

Edited by ellie826

21 minutes ago, ellie826 said:

Even if Ramsey does shadow, Pederson will scheme Jeffery open. He’s playing almost 20% of snaps in the slot.

I dont think anyone on the Jags is worried about Pederson beating them. All eyes will be on Jefferey. Them having to start 3 rookies is a good thing for us owners though. Still not sure if Im playing Jefferey in my flex over Jalen Richard or Chris Thompson though. 

8 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

I dont think anyone on the Jags is worried about Pederson beating them. All eyes will be on Jefferey. Them having to start 3 rookies is a good thing for us owners though. Still not sure if Im playing Jefferey in my flex over Jalen Richard or Chris Thompson though. 

I'd start Jeffrey. He has been really good lately. 

Neither Richard or Thompson has done anything in a long time. 

They could blow up any weekend of course but they have not been great this season. 

I play standard though. 

Hopkins is arguably the best WR, he was held to 3 catches for 50 yards and a TD. His last catch was the TD, if he doesn't get that last catch, he is basically held to 40 yards. People dismissing Ramsey are overlooking him. Their defense isn't great, but Ramsey is still a shutdown corner. As much as I like Alshon, he is not Hopkins. Alshon isn't going to explode in this matchup, I think he is somewhere around 50 yards, just a matter if he can score.

10 minutes ago, LionKid90 said:

Hopkins is arguably the best WR, he was held to 3 catches for 50 yards and a TD. His last catch was the TD, if he doesn't get that last catch, he is basically held to 40 yards. People dismissing Ramsey are overlooking him. Their defense isn't great, but Ramsey is still a shutdown corner. As much as I like Alshon, he is not Hopkins. Alshon isn't going to explode in this matchup, I think he is somewhere around 50 yards, just a matter if he can score.

Beckham did hang 11-111-0 on him. With Eli throwing the ball.

So it's not like he's not beatable.

Just wonder with three rookies starting in the secondary if the damn could just break loose a bit.

9 hours ago, kyoun1e said:

Beckham did hang 11-111-0 on him. With Eli throwing the ball.

No he didn't, watch the video of OBJ's catches, I posted it in here earlier. Jags played a zone and most of his catches came with Ramsey nowhere around him. 

10 hours ago, HTM said:

I'd start Jeffrey. He has been really good lately. 

Neither Richard or Thompson has done anything in a long time. 

They could blow up any weekend of course but they have not been great this season. 

I play standard though. 

Yea, I play PPR. Thompson has been hurt the last 3 weeks and I just picked up Richard. I usually like to play a RB in my flex. I just think that with 3 rookies starting for the Jags, they will make sure Ramsey shadows Jefferey everywhere he goes and force someone else to beat them. Jefferey had a 2 for 39 miserable day against Rhodes a few weeks ago and Ramsey is much better than Rhodes. 

I think Jeffery has a good game ...

no doubt he is shadowed by Ramsey but Wentz can get him the ball. Eagles will need to pass and I can see Jeffery lining up all over the field as Wentz first check down.. lots of crossing routes to try and create space where the defense has to pick Ertz or Jeffery ..

10 targets minimum .. Ramsey is a great player but between the target share and the red zone targets I see Jeffery’s floor well worth starting as a Strong WR 2

5 hours ago, Dexter75 said:

No he didn't, watch the video of OBJ's catches, I posted it in here earlier. Jags played a zone and most of his catches came with Ramsey nowhere around him. 

Will look for them.

If that's the case, that is, that JAX may play more zone or at least in some cases, that would be positive for Jeffery. Maybe they have to play more zone with three rookies starting in the secondary.

My expectations are lower for sure. I'm hoping Jeffery's floor is 5-50-0 or 10 PPR points.

6 hours ago, kyoun1e said:

Will look for them.

If that's the case, that is, that JAX may play more zone or at least in some cases, that would be positive for Jeffery. Maybe they have to play more zone with three rookies starting in the secondary.

My expectations are lower for sure. I'm hoping Jeffery's floor is 5-50-0 or 10 PPR points.

Jags have given up the fewest fantasy points to WRs this year so yea, temper your expectations. 

4 more dbs out after brawl.... Ramsey wasn't one of them. we all know what bar he was at ;)

Edited by meekzy

I don’t care how good Jacksonvilles pass defense is.

4 players were at a club at 4 am the night before a game.

The Jaguars are the definition of a dumpster fire right now.

starting Jeffrey with confidence (also because I have to due to byes)

Edited by HTM
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, meekzy said:

4 more dbs out after brawl.... Ramsey wasn't one of them. we all know what bar he was at ;)

Really, gay jokes in 2018? (About a guy who has a baby daughter too, btw.)

tenor.gif?itemid=4393007

3 hours ago, HTM said:

The Jaguars are the definition of a dumpster fire right now.

starting Jeffrey with confidence

This. Even with the hated London games, he should be able to torch them for good yardage and some red zone action. I'm hopeful.

• Haha 1