dashoe

Alshon Jeffery 2018 Outlook

Some dope in this thread referred to Jeffery as a "stud." Nope.

Hard to sit him next week. He smoked the NYG last time out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kyoun1e said:

Only dope in here is you.

Monday morning quarterbacking sure is easy.

Classic post. 

8 hours ago, HTM said:

Only dope in here is you.

Monday morning quarterbacking sure is easy.

You must have been the one then that called him a stud then.

PHI offense has been a wreck and Jeffery has run into shutdown corners left and right where he hasn't performed (while other WRs with the same matchup have). Yet, there is blind optimism.

You starting him tough guy?

3 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

PHI offense has been a wreck and Jeffery has run into shutdown corners left and right where he hasn't performed (while other WRs with the same matchup have). Yet, there is blind optimism.

I did, and between him and Fitzmagic, I barely survived (CSB).

You must have been the one then that called him a stud then.

Look, I may not like it but I’m no dumb dumb. It is clear to me now, more than ever, that millennial fantasy football is here to stay. Cell phone style, instant gratification, selfie rosters, and hourly rankings are a fact of life. If a player has a down game or two they are garbage. If a player scores 20 or more, they become elite (until they become garbage again in the same month). I don’t understand it, but I am willing to accept this is the new fantasy football. It’s not about winning, it’s about being right so you can “throw shade” and “break the internet” for likes, clout, and laughing icons. Alshon sucks!!!! For now at least.... Did I do it right?

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

Look, I may not like it but I’m no dumb dumb. It is clear to me now, more than ever, that millennial fantasy football is here to stay. Cell phone style, instant gratification, selfie rosters, and hourly rankings are a fact of life. If a player has a down game or two they are garbage. If a player scores 20 or more, they become elite (until they become garbage again in the same month). I don’t understand it, but I am willing to accept this is the new fantasy football. It’s not about winning, it’s about being right so you can “throw shade” and “break the internet” for likes, clout, and laughing icons. Alshon sucks!!!! For now at least.... Did I do it right?

You might be my favorite poster on this site lol 

Alshon will be fine. The saints are a juggernaut & Carson Wentz somehow forgot he had a football game yesterday. 

• Thanks 1

4 Straight Duds for AJ. Was counting on him to be my WR3 down the stretch. Going to probably pass it off to MVS or Josh Reynolds going forward. 

Watching the Eagles games the last two weeks, he looks dreadfully slow. Even the booth was saying how he could barely get any separation. I don't know about Jeffrey going forward.

The Eagles passing game has looked like garbage and Alshon is not getting the targets. Seems like Wentz prefers to throw across the middle of the field rather than take shots downfield and take advantage of Alshon’s strengths. Have no problem admitting I was wrong on this one. Alshon is not a set and forget until this offense finds an identity and Jeffery starts seeing a stable set of targets. Seems like Wentz has regressed a bit.

4 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

The Eagles passing game has looked like garbage and Alshon is not getting the targets. Seems like Wentz prefers to throw across the middle of the field rather than take shots downfield and take advantage of Alshon’s strengths. Have no problem admitting I was wrong on this one. Alshon is not a set and forget until this offense finds an identity and Jeffery starts seeing a stable set of targets. Seems like Wentz has regressed a bit.

With the weeks he sat out you're really looking at 4 weeks where he was good and the last 4 where he is not. 

His Targets have dropped to 5,8,5,3 over the past 4. And notably Philly has played bad over those 4 games. The games he was putting up WR1/2 production Philly was playing well and his target #'s were 9,8,12,10. More a coaching issue then a player issue IMO. Normally over the course of a month you don't just lose 'it'. Carson Wentz has been trash this year. As the season has progressed and the heat has turned up he's locked in on Ertz.

Edited by mpat15

25 minutes ago, mpat15 said:

With the weeks he sat out you're really looking at 4 weeks where he was good and the last 4 where he is not. 

His Targets have dropped to 5,8,5,3 over the past 4. And notably Philly has played bad over those 4 games. The games he was putting up WR1/2 production Philly was playing well and his target #'s were 9,8,12,10. More a coaching issue then a player issue IMO. Normally over the course of a month you don't just lose 'it'. Carson Wentz has been trash this year. As the season has progressed and the heat has turned up he's locked in on Ertz.

Keep giving him a pass against these tough CB matchups. This week, he gets a burnable J. Jenkins. Nothing.

Next week: at home against washington. I don't know.

3 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Keep giving him a pass against these tough CB matchups. This week, he gets a burnable J. Jenkins. Nothing.

Next week: at home against washington. I don't know.

I was doing the same. Its down to crunch time though. Last regular season week for most teams/leagues. I'll be playing for a first round bye, and I can't justify sitting on 4 weeks under 10 in PPR. Ill take the upside of MVS/Reynolds types over praying for a TD in a 5 target game. 

Well this guy has gone completely off the rails. Gonna have to relegate him to matchup play and even that doesn't get me too excited. Norman next week if he shadows. I am not sure how he has done this year.

Yikes.  Golden Tate targeted 8 times, not that he can do anything with ‘em.  

Alshon has been invisible for 4 consecutive games.

One of the more disturbing developments of the 2018 fantasy season.

I might just drop and roll with like 2 receivers the rest of the year lol.  It’s winning time.  You can’t start a guy with this kind of trajectory 

My WRs are such trash but this Eagles offense isn't prolific and Jeffrey's targets haven't been favorable as Tate's addition seems to have hurt him more than most predicted. Ertz is having a historic season for a TE and Wentz isn't the MVP-caliber player he was last year so the Humphries', Coutee's and Gabriel's of the worlds are starting to look like more attractive options. 

10 hours ago, mpat15 said:

4 Straight Duds for AJ. Was counting on him to be my WR3 down the stretch. Going to probably pass it off to MVS or Josh Reynolds going forward. 

Good luck with that. MVS got 2 catches in the last 2 games for a magnificent 11 yards. Total.

• Like 1

His first game back from injury was a big tease. 100+ yds/TD

A great sell-high candidate at the time.

14 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

Good luck with that. MVS got 2 catches in the last 2 games for a magnificent 11 yards. Total.

Yea that was before a 2nd dud in a row. My once great WR core is getting THIN!

Sooo....A. Cooper went off for like a gazillion yards with Prescott throwing to him against Washington.

What does that mean for Jeffery?

Probably something like 2-28-0.

Tate has hurt him but Jeffrey is too good a player and too important to the team for them not to work to reincorporate him in the offense. If they are going to make a run they need him. WRs are very volatile, other than guys like Brown, but this is now a month long trend so I am concerned. 

Another thing to note is Jeffrey remains their best RZ weapon but there have not been many passing TDs to go around lately on that team.

If you have Jeffrey you drafted him as your third or fourth WR. So you likely have options to use over him until he turns the corner. In most leagues he was drafted as a third WR, with the understanding that when he returned he would be a WR2. For the foreseeable future I say treat him as a WR3. I'm not playing a guy like MVS or Reynolds over him, though. Those guys have lower floors, smaller roles on their teams and lack the ceiling of Jeffrey. 

51 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Sooo....A. Cooper went off for like a gazillion yards with Prescott throwing to him against Washington.

What does that mean for Jeffery?

Probably something like 2-28-0.

Whether he DOES perform well is one thing, but how many of us TRUSTS that he will?  I already lost my must-win game in week 11 because of him. At this point I'd rather start Carson or D.J. Moore.