dashoe

Alshon Jeffery 2018 Outlook

1 hour ago, dashoe said:

Eagles spread it around with alshon,agoholor -ertz each getting +700-800yds. Also with an effective running game you dont need a bunch of 1500yd  wr's on the team. 

Since they are all putting up the same yds/tds - do you pay all three 13m a year-??

7 minutes ago, psygolf said:

Since they are all putting up the same yds/tds - do you pay all three 13m a year-??

Why would you when nelson is still on his rookie contract through 2019 and ertz is locked in to 2021? :huh:

1 hour ago, dashoe said:

Why would you when nelson is still on his rookie contract through 2019 and ertz is locked in to 2021? :huh:

when they are "due" their next contract(s).  So in a couple of years, Alshon will be locked in @ 16m, Ertz @ 10m...so Nelson can bank on 12-14m if he improves just a smidge -?

4 hours ago, psygolf said:

when they are "due" their next contract(s).  So in a couple of years, Alshon will be locked in @ 16m, Ertz @ 10m...so Nelson can bank on 12-14m if he improves just a smidge -?

Stop being silly. They'll worry about that when they get there. Every team has the same issues regarding free agency. The Eagles front office is amongst the best in football. I'm sure they have a plan on how & when to replenish. 

14 hours ago, psygolf said:

The market will determine what nelson is worth in 2seasons. Lots of moving pieces when it comes to what a team needs and what it is willing to pay for it. Today Alshon is paid  within the mkt context  of what each side was willng to accept and the result was a SB ring. :D

5 minutes ago, dashoe said:

The market will determine what nelson is worth in 2seasons. Lots of moving pieces when it comes to what a team needs and what it is willing to pay for it. Today Alshon is paid  within the mkt context  of what each side was willng to accept and the result was a SB ring. :D

They've already set the mark, Nelson just needs to maintain his level for a couple of seasons.  The question is...Will they eventually have more $ tied up in their receivers than the current GB team? 

13 minutes ago, psygolf said:

They've already set the mark, Nelson just needs to maintain his level for a couple of seasons.  The question is...Will they eventually have more $ tied up in their receivers than the current GB team? 

maybe, who knows. Carson Wentz could turn into the type of QB where he makes any WR elite or he may just be the QB that need elite wr's to keep him elite. Nelson could turn into a stud but we do know that he was borderline playable until he was moved to the slot.

Similar to the Rodgers vs Jordy debate many have had, How elite would rodgers have been without Jordy and vice versa? 

Edited by dashoe

4 hours ago, psygolf said:

After 2019 when Nelson may need to resigned Jeffery may be cut.   We just don't know yet. 

14 minutes ago, 96mnc said:

After 2019 when Nelson may need to resigned Jeffery may be cut.   We just don't know yet. 

I think the Eagles would be happy if they can squeeze 1-2 more good years out of Alshon. They finally have a good front office. They'll find a way to replenish that position. They should have no problems luring free agents either. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, South Carolina said:

I think the Eagles would be happy if they can squeeze 1-2 more good years out of Alshon. They finally have a good front office. They'll find a way to replenish that position. They should have no problems luring free agents either. 

Eagles are doing really nice work in the draft and thinking ahead.

Torrey Smith about to get expensive?  That's okay,  we drafted his replacement in Hollins (who I really wanted Dallas to draft).

Vinny Curry about to be 29 and expensive?  That's okay, we drafted his replacement in Barnett.

Patrick Robinson about to be a free agent and get paid?  That's okay, we drafted his replacement in Sidney Jones.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, 96mnc said:

Eagles are doing really nice work in the draft and thinking ahead.

Torrey Smith about to get expensive?  That's okay,  we drafted his replacement in Hollins (who I really wanted Dallas to draft).

Vinny Curry about to be 29 and expensive?  That's okay, we drafted his replacement in Garnett.

Patrick Robinson about to be a free agent and get paid?  That's okay, we drafted his replacement in Sidney Jones.

Your right. Howie Roseman has become an elite GM. It seems every move he's made over the last 2 years has been golden. I'm sure they draft a big bodied Alshon type late in this draft and groom him. As long as Wentz is the QB it will work.

4 hours ago, South Carolina said:

Your right. Howie Roseman has become an elite GM. It seems every move he's made over the last 2 years has been golden. I'm sure they draft a big bodied Alshon type late in this draft and groom him. As long as Wentz is the QB it will work.

Roseman was a good GM before. Not his fault that Chip got rid of the players he drafted (Foles, DJax, Shady, etc.).

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

Roseman was a good GM before. Not his fault that Chip got rid of the players he drafted (Foles, DJax, Shady, etc.).

Very true. Howie had to undo all of Chip Kelly's dumb moves. 

5 hours ago, South Carolina said:

You ever hear of Mack Hollins 6'4 220lb wr? he will take over after they let torrey smith go.  No need for the eagles to waste a draft pick on a wr, they can grab a cheap vertical guy in fa, they need to draft a cb and another o-lineman given the inujuries they had on the line this season.

Edited by dashoe

2 hours ago, dashoe said:

You ever hear of Mack Hollins 6'4 220lb wr? he will take over after they let torrey smith go.  No need for the eagles to waste a draft pick on a wr, they can grab a cheap vertical guy in fa, they need to draft a cb and another o-lineman given the inujuries they had on the line this season.

Hollins is that cheap vertical guy. That's literally all he knew when he left college. I didn't really see the eagles do anything differently with him either. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, dashoe said:

I like Mack Hollins. I thought he was a steal. He still needs a lot of work before he's a reliable starter though. But your right, in a few years he should be legit.

7 minutes ago, psygolf said:

Didn't see that coming...

Yeah that was random.   He played with it all season too.   

The Eagles beat reporters were saying all year long that Alshon was battling shoulder soreness. But nobody was expecting this. 

5 hours ago, South Carolina said:

The Eagles beat reporters were saying all year long that Alshon was battling shoulder soreness. But nobody was expecting this. 

In Chicago people were saying..."wait for it....wait for it...wait for it"...now boom, there he is.

So Jeffery is now "hands off" for me in 2018.  I have had really bad luck in the past drafting, purchasing, or selecting players who missed all of OTA, training camp, and the preseason.

Edited by SharkSwimmer

Alshon was already a 'do not draft' before this news.

He's missed 13 games over the past 3 years and hasn't topped 900 yards any of those seasons. 

12 hours ago, psygolf said:

In Chicago people were saying..."wait for it....wait for it...wait for it"...now boom, there he is.

You mean after playing through a nagging injury and being a major part of a SB champion?    

Yeah...you all called it lol

• Like 3
  • Haha 1