dashoe

Alshon Jeffery 2018 Outlook

The Eagles have suddenly turned into a dumpster fire, baffling. I'll be benching him this week and hoping he shows signs of life.

Just now, kball09 said:

The Eagles have suddenly turned into a dumpster fire, baffling. I'll be benching him this week and hoping he shows signs of life.

It is baffling, right....

i have no choice but to keep rolling him out.   Surely they aren’t THIS bad.  They were rocking and rolling with Jeffrey and Ertz getting lots of work.   Now it’s just Ertz and they’re completely predictable.  

It's like they are more worried about trying to justify trading for Golden Tate by trying to force him the ball, then they are worried about winning games.

If I see another stupid reverse or screen pass to Gold Tate's bum a** I'm gonna lose it. 

• Like 1

don't need anything from him tonight but it would be nice if he showed a pulse going into the playoffs next week.

• Like 1

Norman on him like glue the entire game.

God forbid he could overcome a matchup once in a while. 

44 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Norman on him like glue the entire game.

God forbid he could overcome a matchup once in a while. 

Lol. They finally design a play for a quick slant for him in the end zone and Wentz throws behind him right into Norman's gut. Jeesh. This is a lost cause.

3 hours ago, CraftyRighty said:

Need 5 pts from this turd tonight, better not let me down....

Hopefully you play in full PPR or in a league that awards bonuses for players that reach 25 receiving yards.

Well if there was any doubt that this guy hadn't gone completely off the rails, I think this should do it. He gets the Cowboys next who he already sucked against, Talib who probably shadows him and shuts him down, and then Houston.

It has become quite obvious whose targets are taking the hits now that Tate is more acclimated with offense (Hint: It wasn't Ertz). Good luck to anyone who has to use him for playoffs, seems like TD or bust candidate for ROS.

They have no deep throws in their arsenal right now. They need to get that going if they want to contend. Jeffrey is their best bet for that, but it's looking bleak right now and you can't trust him until further notice.

I was so pumped the first 3-4 week he came back from injury. I thought I landed a high upside WR2 and then he just completely fell off. Not exactly sure what happened. Dude is almost droppable at this point. 

I said this in another thread but Alshon is the last guy in the world that you should ever give a multi-year contract to. He is capable of doing incredible things when he is motivated but he's not anymore. He got his ring and got his money, he looks absolutely terrible like he did in stretches in Chicago.

On 9/26/2018 at 1:19 PM, Spyplane said:

I'm not so sure I classify him as WR2. He might more be like a WR3 or FLEX.

To all those people who were confused when I said this, do you understand now? 

39 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

To all those people who were confused when I said this, do you understand now? 

The guy completely fell off the cliff, you didn’t predict that.  He’s not a flex or wr3, he’s a drop.  What exactly are you so proud about?

23 minutes ago, Rickydragon said:

The guy completely fell off the cliff, you didn’t predict that.  He’s not a flex or wr3, he’s a drop.  What exactly are you so proud about?

He's flex. It's not a pride thing. I'm following up to make sure the people who spam those confused emojis figured it out after. 

40 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

He's flex. It's not a pride thing. I'm following up to make sure the people who spam those confused emojis figured it out after. 

How bush league, spyplane.   Do you get so few calls right that you have to remind us when u do? 

You’re better than that. 

10 hours ago, King Gonzo said:

Well if there was any doubt that this guy hadn't gone completely off the rails, I think this should do it. He gets the Cowboys next who he already sucked against, Talib who probably shadows him and shuts him down, and then Houston.

It has become quite obvious whose targets are taking the hits now that Tate is more acclimated with offense (Hint: It wasn't Ertz). Good luck to anyone who has to use him for playoffs, seems like TD or bust candidate for ROS.

Yup, with Byron Jones and A. Talib up next I don't see much reason to hold. If Jeffery and the Eagles offense have proven anything the last few weeks is that Jeffery is either incapable and/or the Philly offense is unwilling to go Jeffery's way for these matchups. Meanwhile, the likes of A. Cooper roasts J. Norman and has a pretty decent day against a M. Lattimore.

I don't see how he's a drop at this point. Could do worse/better with a D. Pettis or a C. Conley down the stretch. 

1 hour ago, Impreza178 said:

How bush league, spyplane.   Do you get so few calls right that you have to remind us when u do? 

You’re better than that. 

Only when people are confused by what I said.

He's been 3/37 for the past couple weeks. In my team, that's not a flex, but he's not bad enough to drop.

However, I can't really see playing him in the play-offs unless I have a couple more weekends where everybody gets injured.

last time this dude sees my lineup in '18 no doubt about that!

Only hanging onto him as a WR3 with upside and he is just that but the upside seems to be few and far.

I mean shiz, there have been 14+ waiver wire guys score more than Alshon for 5 straight weeks, if that is not a reason to cut bait, I would love for someone to tell me otherwise.

You would have to actually know the Eagles coaching staff and be friends with Wentz to start this shlub this late in the year when so much is on the line.

BYE BYE Alshon.......

Actually considering dropping for C. Conley, Z. Jones, or M. Gallup.

Jeffery's next two matchups are B. Jones and A. Talib. If Jeffery has done anything this year it's that he does not perform in bad CB matchups.