dashoe

Alshon Jeffery 2018 Outlook

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Impreza178 said:

You mean after playing through a nagging injury and being a major part of a SB champion?    

 

Yeah...you all called it lol

 

Exactly. Does anyone really think the Eagles are rethinking signing him?? For gods sake they have a Superbowl in their back pocket!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Impreza178 said:

You mean after playing through a nagging injury and being a major part of a SB champion?    

 

Yeah...you all called it lol

No...he was playing for his contract, let's watch what happens  now, especially if they have the SB hangover that only NE is immune to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, South Carolina said:

 

Exactly. Does anyone really think the Eagles are rethinking signing him?? For gods sake they have a Superbowl in their back pocket!!

Not the point, he qualifies as one of FFC's "soft-tissue" guys that are worth watching going forward.  

 

Last year's SB trophy won't help anyone win in a FF league in'18

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, psygolf said:

In Chicago people were saying..."wait for it....wait for it...wait for it"...now boom, there he is.

 

Meanwhile Alshon won the Eagles a super bowl with some huge plays while the Bears are still a bottom tier team for the foreseeable future. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, boltup15 said:

 

Meanwhile Alshon won the Eagles a super bowl with some huge plays while the Bears are still a bottom tier team for the foreseeable future. 

Are you looking to make a Bear > < Charger bet? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

 

First one to 6 wins... If either make it. 

bears have odds for 6.5, the Chargers 8...which (the trend) is interesting in itself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, psygolf said:

Not the point, he qualifies as one of FFC's "soft-tissue" guys that are worth watching going forward.  

 

Last year's SB trophy won't help anyone win in a FF league in'18

 

Thats exactly the point. Was it worth the Eagles taking a chance on Alshon? The answer is hell yes! He battled that injury all year and still was a MAJOR contributor on a Superbowl winning team. They aren't worried about Alshon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, psygolf said:

No...he was playing for his contract, let's watch what happens  now, especially if they have the SB hangover that only NE is immune to.

 

He was signed long before the Superbowl genius. It wasn't the Bears he was playing for. With the Eagles he actually had a chance to win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, South Carolina said:

 

He was signed long before the Superbowl genius. It wasn't the Bears he was playing for. With the Eagles he actually had a chance to win.

He signed his new contract on Dec.2 ...can we agree on that?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, psygolf said:

Are you looking to make a Bear > < Charger bet? 

 

Yes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, psygolf said:

bears have odds for 6.5, the Chargers 8...which (the trend) is interesting in itself.

 

Bears are at 6.5? That’s surprising. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, boltup15 said:

 

Bears are at 6.5? That’s surprising. 

Yes...they projected the bears up & the chargers down

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, psygolf said:

He signed his new contract on Dec.2 ...can we agree on that?  

 

Yes, months before the Super Bowl. Not a second after. So to clarify, he was NOT playing for a new contract. He played injured while under contract and contributed heavily to a Superbowl win while injured. He seems like a trooper to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, South Carolina said:

 

Yes, months before the Super Bowl. Not a second after. So to clarify, he was NOT playing for a new contract. He played injured while under contract and contributed heavily to a Superbowl win while injured. He seems like a trooper to me.

"He was playing injured all year" ...yes, for that contract.  What is that hard to follow?

 

They ALL play hard for their next contract...the test is how hard they play once they are paid & things are not trending towards an immediate SB.   Which is why I said "time to watch."

Edited by psygolf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, psygolf said:

"He was playing injured all year" ...yes, for that contract.  What is that hard to follow?

 

They ALL play hard for their next contract...the test is how hard they play once they are paid & things are not trending towards an immediate SB.   Which is why I said "time to watch."

 

Stop! There is nothing to see here. He was the same player before and after his new Eagles contract. Perhaps he's in a place where he actually enjoys his teamates, ownership, fans & the City that he's playing for. Ever consider that? No offense to Chicago but it wasn't the greatest situation to be in as a player. You'd be miserable to if you had to play for that organization.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, South Carolina said:

 

Stop! There is nothing to see here. He was the same player before and after his new Eagles contract. Perhaps he's in a place where he actually enjoys his teamates, ownership, fans & the City that he's playing for. Ever consider that? No offense to Chicago but it wasn't the greatest situation to be in as a player. You'd be miserable to if you had to play for that organization.

I won't debate the "miserable life" of a pro athlete in a town like Chicago.   But I will be watching his dnp weeks  in '18

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

7 minutes ago, psygolf said:

I won't debate the "miserable life" of a pro athlete in a town like Chicago.   But I will be watching his dnp weeks  in '18

 

You may ultimately be right but for now I think your being a little unfair to Alshon. He just helped his team to a Super Bowl. At least give him a chance to screw up. Then I'll be right there with you, believe me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, South Carolina said:

 

 

You may ultimately be right but for now I think your being a little unfair to Alshon. He just helped his team to a Super Bowl. At least give him a chance to screw up. Then I'll be right there with you, believe me.

It was a big win...and my guess is a majority of the NFL fans outside of Philly would still prefer them over the rest of the NFC-E

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The most recent news is that Jeffery is on the PUP list, and looks quite unlikely (to me) to be back soon.

https://www.sportsgrid.com/real-sports/nfl/eagles-alshon-jeffery-looking-like-significant-risk/

Quote

ALSHON JEFFERY PHI: TORN ROTATOR CUFF
Alshon Jeffery has by far the worst outlook on this list. He underwent shoulder surgery after the Eagles' Super Bowl win. Recovery time from a rotator cuff tear is a minimum of 6 months, but it can take 9-12 months to get back to 100%. That means Jeffery is pushing it to be ready for Week 1, and even then he won't be anywhere near full strength. His Injury Risk, of course, remains very High.Right now Jeffery is hovering around a Top 20 WR, making him a WR2, but he can't be trusted that early in drafts. There's no guarantee he will be ready Week 1, and playing in all 16 games seems like a long-shot. The Eagles need to look out for his long-term health and not rush his recovery just to have him out there in September. He is starting training camp on the PUP list, and there is no timeline for him to be fully cleared. He appears to be a ways away.


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, bgar15 said:

 

Who gets the biggest bump given this news? Agholor? Sproles? Clement?

I think you also have to consider Mike Wallace. Now that's what you call a deeeeeeeeeeeep sleeper.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

The most recent news is that Jeffery is on the PUP list, and looks quite unlikely (to me) to be back soon.

https://www.sportsgrid.com/real-sports/nfl/eagles-alshon-jeffery-looking-like-significant-risk/


 

 

Duh...been saying this since February. Amazing how the analyst community whitewashes serious injuries during the offseason.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

Duh...been saying this since February.

You should have posted it here so you could look smart ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.