dashoe

Alshon Jeffery 2018 Outlook

2 hours ago, Impreza178 said:

You mean after playing through a nagging injury and being a major part of a SB champion?    

Yeah...you all called it lol

Exactly. Does anyone really think the Eagles are rethinking signing him?? For gods sake they have a Superbowl in their back pocket!!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Impreza178 said:

You mean after playing through a nagging injury and being a major part of a SB champion?    

Yeah...you all called it lol

No...he was playing for his contract, let's watch what happens  now, especially if they have the SB hangover that only NE is immune to.

5 hours ago, South Carolina said:

Exactly. Does anyone really think the Eagles are rethinking signing him?? For gods sake they have a Superbowl in their back pocket!!

Not the point, he qualifies as one of FFC's "soft-tissue" guys that are worth watching going forward.  

Last year's SB trophy won't help anyone win in a FF league in'18

20 hours ago, psygolf said:

In Chicago people were saying..."wait for it....wait for it...wait for it"...now boom, there he is.

Meanwhile Alshon won the Eagles a super bowl with some huge plays while the Bears are still a bottom tier team for the foreseeable future. 

32 minutes ago, boltup15 said:

Meanwhile Alshon won the Eagles a super bowl with some huge plays while the Bears are still a bottom tier team for the foreseeable future. 

Are you looking to make a Bear > < Charger bet? 

Just now, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

First one to 6 wins... If either make it. 

bears have odds for 6.5, the Chargers 8...which (the trend) is interesting in itself.

58 minutes ago, psygolf said:

Not the point, he qualifies as one of FFC's "soft-tissue" guys that are worth watching going forward.  

Last year's SB trophy won't help anyone win in a FF league in'18

Thats exactly the point. Was it worth the Eagles taking a chance on Alshon? The answer is hell yes! He battled that injury all year and still was a MAJOR contributor on a Superbowl winning team. They aren't worried about Alshon.

1 hour ago, psygolf said:

No...he was playing for his contract, let's watch what happens  now, especially if they have the SB hangover that only NE is immune to.

He was signed long before the Superbowl genius. It wasn't the Bears he was playing for. With the Eagles he actually had a chance to win.

22 minutes ago, South Carolina said:

He was signed long before the Superbowl genius. It wasn't the Bears he was playing for. With the Eagles he actually had a chance to win.

He signed his new contract on Dec.2 ...can we agree on that?  

Are you looking to make a Bear > < Charger bet? 

Yes. 

58 minutes ago, psygolf said:

bears have odds for 6.5, the Chargers 8...which (the trend) is interesting in itself.

Bears are at 6.5? That’s surprising. 

49 minutes ago, boltup15 said:

Bears are at 6.5? That’s surprising. 

Yes...they projected the bears up & the chargers down

He signed his new contract on Dec.2 ...can we agree on that?  

Yes, months before the Super Bowl. Not a second after. So to clarify, he was NOT playing for a new contract. He played injured while under contract and contributed heavily to a Superbowl win while injured. He seems like a trooper to me.

29 minutes ago, South Carolina said:

Yes, months before the Super Bowl. Not a second after. So to clarify, he was NOT playing for a new contract. He played injured while under contract and contributed heavily to a Superbowl win while injured. He seems like a trooper to me.

"He was playing injured all year" ...yes, for that contract.  What is that hard to follow?

They ALL play hard for their next contract...the test is how hard they play once they are paid & things are not trending towards an immediate SB.   Which is why I said "time to watch."

Edited by psygolf

10 hours ago, psygolf said:

"He was playing injured all year" ...yes, for that contract.  What is that hard to follow?

They ALL play hard for their next contract...the test is how hard they play once they are paid & things are not trending towards an immediate SB.   Which is why I said "time to watch."

Stop! There is nothing to see here. He was the same player before and after his new Eagles contract. Perhaps he's in a place where he actually enjoys his teamates, ownership, fans & the City that he's playing for. Ever consider that? No offense to Chicago but it wasn't the greatest situation to be in as a player. You'd be miserable to if you had to play for that organization.

12 minutes ago, South Carolina said:

Stop! There is nothing to see here. He was the same player before and after his new Eagles contract. Perhaps he's in a place where he actually enjoys his teamates, ownership, fans & the City that he's playing for. Ever consider that? No offense to Chicago but it wasn't the greatest situation to be in as a player. You'd be miserable to if you had to play for that organization.

I won't debate the "miserable life" of a pro athlete in a town like Chicago.   But I will be watching his dnp weeks  in '18

7 minutes ago, psygolf said:

I won't debate the "miserable life" of a pro athlete in a town like Chicago.   But I will be watching his dnp weeks  in '18

You may ultimately be right but for now I think your being a little unfair to Alshon. He just helped his team to a Super Bowl. At least give him a chance to screw up. Then I'll be right there with you, believe me.

11 minutes ago, South Carolina said:

You may ultimately be right but for now I think your being a little unfair to Alshon. He just helped his team to a Super Bowl. At least give him a chance to screw up. Then I'll be right there with you, believe me.

It was a big win...and my guess is a majority of the NFL fans outside of Philly would still prefer them over the rest of the NFC-E

The most recent news is that Jeffery is on the PUP list, and looks quite unlikely (to me) to be back soon.

https://www.sportsgrid.com/real-sports/nfl/eagles-alshon-jeffery-looking-like-significant-risk/

ALSHON JEFFERY PHI: TORN ROTATOR CUFF
Alshon Jeffery has by far the worst outlook on this list. He underwent shoulder surgery after the Eagles' Super Bowl win. Recovery time from a rotator cuff tear is a minimum of 6 months, but it can take 9-12 months to get back to 100%. That means Jeffery is pushing it to be ready for Week 1, and even then he won't be anywhere near full strength. His Injury Risk, of course, remains very High.Right now Jeffery is hovering around a Top 20 WR, making him a WR2, but he can't be trusted that early in drafts. There's no guarantee he will be ready Week 1, and playing in all 16 games seems like a long-shot. The Eagles need to look out for his long-term health and not rush his recovery just to have him out there in September. He is starting training camp on the PUP list, and there is no timeline for him to be fully cleared. He appears to be a ways away.

4 minutes ago, bgar15 said:

Who gets the biggest bump given this news? Agholor? Sproles? Clement?

I think you also have to consider Mike Wallace. Now that's what you call a deeeeeeeeeeeep sleeper.

5 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

The most recent news is that Jeffery is on the PUP list, and looks quite unlikely (to me) to be back soon.

https://www.sportsgrid.com/real-sports/nfl/eagles-alshon-jeffery-looking-like-significant-risk/

Duh...been saying this since February. Amazing how the analyst community whitewashes serious injuries during the offseason.

7 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

Duh...been saying this since February.

You should have posted it here so you could look smart ;)