dashoe

Alshon Jeffery 2018 Outlook

4 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

You should have posted it here so you could look smart ;)

And miss the opportunity to fade him in dynasty leagues while he was being hyped? No way ?

Ok, so it's not a scope: it's a full repair of a torn rotator cuff.  Potential return as soon as preseason, now (6 months). Worst-case, misses the season entirely (12 month-recovery is entirely possible). Combining this with Wentz's potential missed time for his recovery (as of yesterday, still not doing 11-on-11 drills; could begin Week 1 or Week 10), Foles missing two practices in a row, Ertz getting a "rest day" three days in a row, Wallace leaving practice Sunday with an ailing knee (and not returning Monday), Richard Rodgers out from practice since last Thursday... if the season started today, we're looking at:

QB = Nate Sudfeld

WR1 = Nelson Agholor

WR2 = Mack Hollins

TE1 = Dallas Goedert

V5gv.gif

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, cohenstantinople said:

Ok, so it's not a scope: it's a full repair of a torn rotator cuff.  Potential return as soon as preseason, now (6 months). Worst-case, misses the season entirely (12 month-recovery is entirely possible). Combining this with Wentz's potential missed time for his recovery (as of yesterday, still not doing 11-on-11 drills; could begin Week 1 or Week 10), Foles missing two practices in a row, Ertz getting a "rest day" three days in a row, Wallace leaving practice Sunday with an ailing knee (and not returning Monday), Richard Rodgers out from practice since last Thursday... if the season started today, we're looking at:

QB = Nate Sudfeld

WR1 = Nelson Agholor

WR2 = Mack Hollins

TE1 = Dallas Goedert

V5gv.gif

Dez is looking for work :unsure:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Dez is looking for work :unsure:

You may be onto something... the next dynamic duo headed for the Super Bowl:

Sud-to-Dez

source.gif

sudfeld.jpg

• Haha 1

Always an injury concern. Wasn’t surprised to see he played through last season injured bc he is so injury prone, but also bc if AJ is healthy for a full season he should be a 1000 yard receiver 

Am I an idiot for spending $29 on him ?

I didn't know he was banged up until reading this thread heh. I just figured with Wentz coming back Jeffery could have a really good year. Was hoping I didn't make a bad choice as he's my WR2. 

1 hour ago, tonywow said:

Am I an idiot for spending $29 on him ?

The upside is there---without a doubt---and any player can get banged up. The only difference is, he's already banged up (i.e. recuperating from surgery). Although Alshon could miss Week 1, he could also play the last pre-season game and enter the season solid, so open a beer and don't sweat it (but pray to your fantasy gods).

gallery-1479915960-giphy-3.gif

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I think Jeffery offers a ton of value this year at his current ADP. 

Absolutely. So what's if he misses a few games. If he's in your roster for the playoff run your good. He & Wentz have a great chemistry.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, South Carolina said:

Absolutely. So what's if he misses a few games. If he's in your roster for the playoff run your good. He & Wentz have a great chemistry.

I think this is the key. Even if Alshon and/or Wentz don't begin Week 1, the duo has tremendous upside later in the season during the drive towards (and in) the playoffs / championship. If anything, the surgery recoveries for both help to keep ADPs low. This isn't the Alshon/Cutler pairing owners paid a Round 2 price tag not too long ago. It's way cheaper and way better.

31 minutes ago, cohenstantinople said:

I think this is the key. Even if Alshon and/or Wentz don't begin Week 1, the duo has tremendous upside later in the season during the drive towards (and in) the playoffs / championship. If anything, the surgery recoveries for both help to keep ADPs low. This isn't the Alshon/Cutler pairing owners paid a Round 2 price tag not too long ago. It's way cheaper and way better.

Agree totally. This an elite QB throwing to an elite WR. 

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/chris-long-alshon-jeffrey-eagles-patriots-super-bowl-rematch-20180813.html

An NFL Network report Monday speculated that Eagles receiver Alshon Jeffery, who started training camp on PUP, just might stay on that list for the start of the regular season.

That would be a heckuva setback, since if you start the season on PUP, you can’t come off it for six weeks. Jeffery hasn’t updated reporters on his progress lately, but when last heard from, he said he’d be ready for the season opener, Sept. 6 against Atlanta. Missing that date by a week or two wouldn’t be a huge deal, missing it by six kind of would be.

Jeffery played the entire Super Bowl season with a torn rotator cuff, then got it repaired in February. His agent, Tory Dandy, did not respond to a request for comment Monday.

Keep him on ice the way the Warriors are keeping DeMarcus Boogie Cousins. Get him for the veterans minimum so he will pay dividends when you need him most. Bad news is great news if you haven't drafted yet. My league has a very generous IR position so that's where he is on my roster. 

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports Alshon Jeffery (shoulder surgery) could begin the season on the reserve/PUP list, which would cost him six games.

Rapoport claims Jeffery's rehab is "progressing according to plan," but the plan was certainly never for Jeffery to be a candidate for reserve/PUP. Jeffery was expected to be sidelined roughly six months when he underwent rotator cuff surgery following the Super Bowl. It would not be surprising if a middle ground is charted, with Jeffery missing the opener but avoiding the PUP and returning some time in the Eagles' first six games. Jeffery's absence would create more targets for Mike Wallace and more snaps for promising second-year pro Mack Hollins.

Hypothetically if he were to miss first 6 games how much do you think his ADP would slide? With his upside I can't imagine he could slip past 7th round in a 12 teamer, at least I don't think I could let him slip past me in the 7th. 

I think if you miss 6 games (half your struggle to get to the play-offs), it will depend whether you have an IR spot:
- with IR:  5th or 6th round feels about right to me. Edelman is around #60 and I think he would go after him.
- without IR: I can't imagine anyone taking him before round 8. I would fade him even after Benjamin or Agholor, so now we're talking pick 100.

It's nice to have somebody on your bench who can deliver later, but you first need to survive the first 6 games.

• Like 2

Too big of a name, still riding the glow of his championship game dusting of the Malcolm Butler-less Patriot secondary, and possibly missing too much of the season to justify how high Jeffery will be selected.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

not unless he falls to the double digit rounds ... but i will prolly have Ertz or Agholor teed up already, so - HARD PASS