dashoe

Alshon Jeffery 2018 Outlook

On 9/1/2018 at 10:54 AM, Nah85 said:

Grabbed him 11th at 102, went RB heavy and he’s my #4 behind Adams Crabtree dthomas.

I did similar have Cooks Thomas and him in my keeper have Barkley fournette and Henry as my RBs

This guy was drafted as a 2nd round pick one year in fantasy leagues based on talent while he was on the bears. Now he has shown productivity even with the bum shoulder, is on the best team in the nfl with 2 competent qbs and coming off a Killer post season and he’s a 10th round pick. Fantasy owners are hilarious. 

• Like 1

Alshon Jeffery (shoulder) told MMQB's Jenny Vrentas that he's still a "few weeks" away from returning.

Coach Doug Pederson has continued to say Jeffery is week to week, but a return doesn't appear to be relatively close. We may be looking at October. "Some days I feel great, and some days ... a shoulder injury is pretty tough," Jeffery said. "I really can’t wait to get back out there. You’ll definitely see a difference. I gotta take it to another level." Jeffery owners need to sit tight.

Sep 7 - 10:52 AM

He would say otherwise.

If you drafted him, I hope you got him at a discount and didn't pay a 3rd or 4th round price.  I'd be really frustrated.  

I wasn't hearing a lot of positive talk about his recovery, so he was DND for me.  

I mean, I don't consider this news. We were already expecting week 3 at the earliest and it could still be week 3. I would say week 4 (or maybe whenever Carson decides to come back) could be more likely, but he's still an obvious hold. A healthy Alshon is DEFINITELY needed if last night was any indication.

If you got him as your WR 4/5 than it was still a steal. He should be back in time when your starters start hitting their byes and then you have a WR2, who could be a borderline WR1 who you use as your bye week fill in. 

• Like 1

I got him in the 13th round. I feel blessed. I got MIngram in the 9th. I build for long haul, and I think the team will get me to the final game this year. 

Best part is Jeffery is in my IR so I can roster a shot in the dark and wait to see if the egg hatches. 

Edited by PizzaBeerFF

21 minutes ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

I got him in the 13th round. I feel blessed. I got MIngram in the 9th. I build for long haul, and I think the team will get me to the final game this year. 

Best part is Jeffery is in my IR so I can roster a shot in the dark and wait to see if the egg hatches. 

Proud of you, bro. Thats the kind of story you’ll tell your grand kids. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

He should be good to go once he’s cleared right? He should be getting his conditioning in since it’s not a lower body injury.

38 minutes ago, ellie826 said:

He should be good to go once he’s cleared right? He should be getting his conditioning in since it’s not a lower body injury.

Yeah, he's already doing that stuff. It's purely the shoulder. Saying that, shoulders can be reaggravated relatively easily. I'd rather wait an extra week or two then have him jump the gun. I honestly think Wentz and him play their first game the same week. Completely pulling that outta my butt though 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jccouger said:

Proud of you, bro. Thats the kind of story you’ll tell your grand kids. 

I am proud of me too. Now, if I can figure how to live long enough to tell grand kids... well, I'd have it all licked. :D

24 minutes ago, Mattmac0912 said:

When can we expect alshon to play

My guess, week 5 through week 13

1 minute ago, HarambeLives said:

People still holding him ?

Why wouldn't you be? Everybody knew he was gonna miss a few weeks when they drafted him.

Based on the force feeding of the Eagles to Nelson on Thursday, it seems pretty evident that they need a second receiver, so he's still an easy hold for me. If you go 0-4 all bets are off.