dashoe

Alshon Jeffery 2018 Outlook

Wentz and him were playing catch with one another all offseason while they rehabbed. The chemistry should be better than last year. Plus Jeffrey played through a torn rotator cuff all last year. 

• Like 1

I’m really mad at Rotoworld for not eating crow after saying that Alston should be sat. Yes, it was ultimately my choice, but I feel as if this site has been wrong more times than not this year.

im done for a while with these “experts”

4 minutes ago, Dr.Funktopus said:

I’m really mad at Rotoworld for not eating crow after saying that Alston should be sat. Yes, it was ultimately my choice, but I feel as if this site has been wrong more times than not this year.

They're not experts. Just ppl who provide their opinions.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Dr.Funktopus said:

No such thing as a fantasy expert. Those that call themselves experts prey on the ignorant and make money with their content. Can’t be an expert on randomness. Go with your gut.

Edited by ponchsox
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Dr.Funktopus said:

All signs pointed toward him being eased back in.  He wasn’t even a lock to play, and he had missed practice with illness late in the week.  If they had said “roll him out as a WR 2”, and he had Dalvin Cook’d, people would be even more upset.  Just be happy he looked good, and you can feel confident starting him moving forward.

Fantasy “experts” are just people who consolidate all the information available and give advice for those who are too lazy to do the work themselves.  Most people on this forum are more into fantasy football than the general public, and thus spend more time than most managing their teams.  I still listen to analysis because I enjoy it, but I think every seasoned FF player knows to take it all with a grain of salt, and use the information to make your own decisions.

For the record, I am an Alshon owner who started K. Drake over him in my Flex spot, and it cost me a win this week.  But with the information I had at hand, I feel like I didn’t make an illogical decision.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

All signs pointed toward him being eased back in.  He wasn’t even a lock to play, and he had missed practice with illness late in the week.  If they had said “roll him out as a WR 2”, and he had Dalvin Cook’d, people would be even more upset.  Just be happy he looked good, and you can feel confident starting him moving forward.

Fantasy “experts” are just people who consolidate all the information available and give advice for those who are too lazy to do the work themselves.  Most people on this forum are more into fantasy football than the general public, and thus spend more time than most managing their teams.  I still listen to analysis because I enjoy it, but I think every seasoned FF player knows to take it all with a grain of salt, and use the information to make your own decisions.

For the record, I am an Alshon owner who started K. Drake over him in my Flex spot, and it cost me a win this week.  But with the information I had at hand, I feel like I didn’t make an illogical decision.

Yep, ffb is infuriatingly random and requires a fair amount of luck. Sometime you make the right decision and still get it wrong. Happens quite a bit.

This guy will just make my lineup decisions a bit more difficult now. 

Hard to leave this guy on the bench.

His first game back from major surgery and he goes over 100 yards for the first time since week 1 of 2016. Don’t know if the yardage is a fluke or not, we’ll know shortly but IF the yardage stays I would view him as a low end WR1 (8-12) ROS.

17 minutes ago, Ddam2013 said:

His first game back from major surgery and he goes over 100 yards for the first time since week 1 of 2016. Don’t know if the yardage is a fluke or not, we’ll know shortly but IF the yardage stays I would view him as a low end WR1 (8-12) ROS.

He got 9 targets, which was not unusual for him last season (had 8+ targets in 8 games) but he caught 8/9, which si something he's basically never done before (his career average is 56%). So I'm not going to expect he'll do this every week (he's more a 5/60 kind of guy) but it would be great if he can actually keep it up. 

4 hours ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

Wentz and him were playing catch with one another all offseason while they rehabbed. The chemistry should be better than last year. Plus Jeffrey played through a torn rotator cuff all last year. 

This is important. He had a lot of targets last year but the efficiency was terrible as Wentz and Jeffrey struggled to get on the same page. If they do, as their offseason work should help them do, what we saw yesterday will become more common. We know Jeffrey has WR1 talent and is squarely in his prime and has an elite QB. All the ingredients are there. 

1 hour ago, Boudewijn said:

He got 9 targets, which was not unusual for him last season (had 8+ targets in 8 games) but he caught 8/9, which si something he's basically never done before (his career average is 56%). So I'm not going to expect he'll do this every week (he's more a 5/60 kind of guy) but it would be great if he can actually keep it up. 

5 for 60 is basically waiver wire material in most 10 team leagues.

I imagine Jeffrey will be better than that, especially with the red zone looks he gets.

5/60?  That’s basically his floor.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pooskay said:

This guy will just make my lineup decisions a bit more difficult now. 

Hard to leave this guy on the bench.

Delighted with this same problem.

Somebody dropped him last week, picked him up.

Now have a WR2 I can slot in.

5/60 is a WR4/5 type. Alshon is much better than that. He’s in the Cooks tier.

3 hours ago, Pooskay said:

They're not experts. Just ppl who provide their opinions.

sitting him was still the right play if you had a servicable option. Jeffery very easily could have been on a pitch count and had 2 catches for 30 yards.

if you believed he wasn't going to be on a pitch count you should have started him.

He's my WR3 and I'm perfectly fine with that as I just picked him up last week, showed some good signs this week

How are people feeling about him this week. The Vikings defense has been pretty awful against receivers, but they still have Rhodes, who you figure will see much of Jeffery during the game. I don't have any other option but to play him, but just wondering what people think of him this week.

Edited by DillyDilly

Rhodes is a tough matchup.

60-70 yds is what I'm expecting. TD would be a bonus of course.

With Hilton out I'm forced to put him out there, but don't feel too much hesitation. The Rams just lit the Vikings up through the air. Not too concerned.

Rhodes is a above average corner but he’s not a top corner he can be beat. I expect Alshon to get a healthy dose of targets, he actually seems to be healthy at the moment and is in his prime. I don’t think you can sit him in most leagues 

22 hours ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Didn’t Rhodes get banged up last game? Didn’t find anything on a quick search, but I seem to remember him leaving the game for a bit.

nothing serious, he cramped up and came back later.

23 hours ago, DillyDilly said:

How are people feeling about him this week. The Vikings defense has been pretty awful against receivers, but they still have Rhodes, who you figure will see much of Jeffery during the game. I don't have any other option but to play him, but just wondering what people think of him this week.

He had 5 catches for 85 yards and 2 TDs the last time the Eagles played the Vikings and that was with Foles, not Wentz, at QB.

Edited by Ace_King
  • Like 1