Jump to content
Rotoworld.com Forums

Rob Gronkowski 2018 Outlook


Message added by tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Recommended Posts

Just now, Godfather131 said:

 

He has always been doubled it he red zone...

 

And actually if you look up the numbers, he is generally getting more separation this year than he did last year...

 

Please show us the numbers.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is the best question you can possibly ask yourself. In any given draft scenario or strategy discussion, this is the question you should be asking yourself, and only you can decide what's bes

225 Fantasy points in 13 games.  He was averaging 17.3 Points Per Game. 4 WRs had higher than 17.3 PPG.  AB, Hop, OBJ, and K.Allen. 8 RBs had higher than 17.3 PPG.  Gurley, Bell, Zeke, Kamar

11 minutes ago, WaiverLooter said:

 

I said that...

 

My mistake, I misread what you wrote.

 

I don't think he's just not getting the separation though. I think he's always been doubled and covered, but in the past Brady threw it anyway and let him make the play. This year it seems like they are trying to avoid Gronk being in those situations and using him less. I have a feeling he is running less routes but I can't find those numbers anywhere to prove it.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Godfather131 said:

 

My mistake, I misread what you wrote.

 

I don't think he's just not getting the separation though. I think he's always been doubled and covered, but in the past Brady threw it anyway and let him make the play. This year it seems like they are trying to avoid Gronk being in those situations and using him less. I have a feeling he is running less routes but I can't find those numbers anywhere to prove it.

 

I can buy that.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Gronk is defiantly not washed, he looks good when blocking and receiving. This was an off game for the number of targets with some bad throws, but in general he just needs more targets especially near the red zone. He should average at least 1 red zone look a game and is averaging two to four targets less a game than Kelce and Ertz. I do think he is blocking more than normal.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Eddie Mush said:

Man the one year I pay up for this guy and he's killing me. He look sluggish and Brady is content with dumpoffs most games.

 

Same here.  Got him in the early 3rd in two leagues and I prefer starting OJ Howard & Njoku right now.  Ugh.  I mean, we're in week 9 now... I'm just holding out hope that he gets "more" healthy and maybe Brady will start targeting him more.   You can't really trade him unless someone is really desperate and you probably won't get much.    

Link to post
Share on other sites

He gets hurt every year almost. I haven't watched many Pats games so I can't say for sure, but they may just be limiting him in a division they know they'll win. Save him for the playoffs so he's healthy then. He's been injury prone throughout his career and is anrother year older. Pure speculation on my part, but it makes sense. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, thejosef said:

 

Same here.  Got him in the early 3rd in two leagues and I prefer starting OJ Howard & Njoku right now.  Ugh.  I mean, we're in week 9 now... I'm just holding out hope that he gets "more" healthy and maybe Brady will start targeting him more.   You can't really trade him unless someone is really desperate and you probably won't get much.    

 

I'm in a keeper league and will try and sell him for a 4th if I lose next week.

Link to post
Share on other sites

What’s a fair trade for this guy? A WR2 like Jeffery? An RB2? Will this guy even return value in a trade...having a hard time gauging his worth this year.

 

We've never seen him be so inefficient.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I managed to trade FOR him, giving up Devin Funchess and (then suspended) Aaron Jones. I would say his value is a lot lower than when I acquired him, though... I thought I had a real winner on my hands (at the time).

Edited by nlm
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, nlm said:

I managed to trade FOR him, giving up Devin Funchess and (then suspended) Aaron Jones. I would say his value is a lot lower than when I acquired him, though... I thought I had a real winner on my hands (at the time).

 

Yeah, i think the chance of getting a nice haul for Gronk based on name value alone is pretty done now. I had him in both leagues i play in and packaged him in multi player deals a couple of weeks ago. I don't think i'd be able to pull off the trades i made now since he's fallen off a cliff and his ROS outlook seems pretty bleek.  

 

At this point, if you could get Cook or Doyle for him straight up, i'd probably do it. 

Edited by Helmholtz_Watsonn
Link to post
Share on other sites

I just picked up Gronk off a angered owner for Chris Carson (desperate need of RB and others werent offering theirs up).

 

ROS schedule doesnt look great, but obv I wanted to take the chance on him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tpat30 said:

What’s a fair trade for this guy? A WR2 like Jeffery? An RB2? Will this guy even return value in a trade...having a hard time gauging his worth this year.

 

We've never seen him be so inefficient.

 

The inefficiency I saw last night was on Brady not Gronk. 

 

Two balls were thrown in his breadbasket...he caught them. Made a ridiculous juggling catch on the sideline. I remember two other deep throws where they were not catchable and then the one lob over the middle that was tipped by Edmunds.

 

He can't throw himself the ball.

 

Probably the biggest buy low window ever for Gronk. He has incentives in his contract and he's WAY behind. I've got to think some positive regression is coming here in short order. Unless you believe he's done.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Helmholtz_Watsonn said:

 

Yeah, i think the chance of getting a nice haul for Gronk based on name value alone is pretty done now. I had him in both leagues i play in and packaged him in multi player deals a couple of weeks ago. I don't think i'd be able to pull off the trades i made now since he's fallen off a cliff and his ROS outlook seems pretty bleek.  

 

At this point, if you could get Cook or Doyle for him straight up, i'd probably do it. 

 

6 hours ago, Dez Bryants Mama said:

dropped him

 

You're both absolutely insane.  Even if he continues at this disappointing pace he's still the TE8 plus he has the obvious upside of being TE1 ROS.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Could the incentives be working to his detriment?  That's kind of a complicated set of factors, but the Pats tried to get rid of Gronk to the Lions this offseason, then they put a bunch of incentives in his contract but they don't throw him the ball much any more...

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Could the incentives be working to his detriment?  That's kind of a complicated set of factors, but the Pats tried to get rid of Gronk to the Lions this offseason, then they put a bunch of incentives in his contract but they don't throw him the ball much any more...

 

This is what I brought up earlier, anyone know what exactly his contract looks like in terms of those incentives are this year?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Heizz said:

I just picked up Gronk off a angered owner for Chris Carson (desperate need of RB and others werent offering theirs up).

 

ROS schedule doesnt look great, but obv I wanted to take the chance on him.

Carson owner robbed you. I’m assuming you had tons of depth. Gronkowski has been worthless this season

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...