Rotoworld.com Forums

Rob Gronkowski 2018 Outlook

Message added by tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is the best question you can possibly ask yourself. In any given draft scenario or strategy discussion, this is the question you should be asking yourself, and only you can decide what's bes

225 Fantasy points in 13 games.  He was averaging 17.3 Points Per Game. 4 WRs had higher than 17.3 PPG.  AB, Hop, OBJ, and K.Allen. 8 RBs had higher than 17.3 PPG.  Gurley, Bell, Zeke, Kamar

At this point I'm just hoping he will be useful during the fantasy playoffs. Don't need him now and he will remain firmly on the bench behind Kittle. But if he starts putting up his 2 TD performances during the playoffs that will be a huge advantage.

I sit 9th/12 4-5-0. Just got offered Gronk for Desean Watson and John Brown. Thoughts on whether to take this, or try to get a bit more, considering he is on bye next week... Current roster: 

QB- Matt Ryan

WR - Evans, Juju

RB - Elliot, Carson 

Te -Burton 

W/R/T- John Ross, Adam Humphries 

Bench - Watson, Brown, Lamar Miller, Ded Westbrook, Agholor (going to drop), Maurice Harris 

Just now, Dirtymitt said:

I sit 9th/12 4-5-0. Just got offered Gronk for Desean Watson and John Brown. Thoughts on whether to take this, or try to get a bit more, considering he is on bye next week... Current roster: 

QB- Matt Ryan

WR - Evans, Juju

RB - Elliot, Carson 

Te -Burton 

W/R/T- John Ross, Adam Humphries 

Bench - Watson, Brown, Lamar Miller, Ded Westbrook, Agholor (going to drop), Maurice Harris 

Welcome to RW. These kinds of posts need to posted to the AC forum. Good luck!

http://forums.rotoworld.com/forum/26-assistant-coach-help-forum/

• Like 2
1 hour ago, jtbgator said:

Practice on a Wed is a good sign. I know he’s been very frustrating, but we gotta keep trotting him out there. I still have hope.

i think he sits through the bye week, makes sense to give him that extra week of rest

Does anyone have concern about Gronk looking forward in dynasty/keeper leagues.  I know there was talk about him hanging it up in the offseason this past year and with his continued back issues I wonder if that will impact him moving forward? 

I think he should just rest and get 100% and come back after the bye personally, but I'm more worried about his long-term value.

3 minutes ago, cizastro said:

Does anyone have concern about Gronk looking forward in dynasty/keeper leagues.  I know there was talk about him hanging it up in the offseason this past year and with his continued back issues I wonder if that will impact him moving forward? 

I think he should just rest and get 100% and come back after the bye personally, but I'm more worried about his long-term value.

He really has no long term value, 0, nada. I would sell ASAP if I owned him in dynasty.  Can't even trade him for pennies in redraft leagues.

1 hour ago, cizastro said:

I traded him for anthony miller + 2019 2nd this week. He hangs them up when Brady does, if not sooner. To me, all signs point to this being his last season. The retirement talk in the offseason, the vague injuries this season, the ineffectiveness, Brady’s “We’re playing forever!” talk with him after the Chiefs win (exactly what someone would say when they know the end is near. People who believe that don’t feel the need to say it, they just go about their business). I guess there’s a chance he comes back for the money next season, but he already looks done as a player so I wouldn’t be concerned about him doing anything that would come back to bite you if you moved on now.

GOAT TE though and lock HoF. Incredible player in his prime.

26 minutes ago, FinsUp24 said:

What makes you say that? He’s been practicing all week. Seems genuinely questionable

he' probably thinking this was the case last week, now add to the fact they have a bye, so might as well sit him and rest for 2 weeks and have him rest of season

3 hours ago, Panthor said:

he' probably thinking this was the case last week, now add to the fact they have a bye, so might as well sit him and rest for 2 weeks and have him rest of season

Except Gronk had a setback in practice last week that caused him to sit out a day. There was legitimate cause for concern. But I agree that the week 11 bye makes this a little more tricky

I hope he sits out so he can get two more weeks of rest. I believe the Titans are the toughest against the TE this season too. If he’s going to make any kind of fantasy impact this year, he needs to rest this week and get right for the stretch run. 

• Like 1