Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gotham_Soldier

AJ Pollock 2018 Outlook

On 8/19/2018 at 5:45 AM, Chickie said:

Anyone see AJ attempt a SB? What’s his value if he doesn’t run anymore?

Zero.  His hit tool overachieved early.  His value is in his legs.  Without SBs he’s basically Josh Reddick.  How in gods name does he only have 1 SB since 7/3?  His hand may be toast but his legs should be fine?  This is an absolute mystery.  Per game he’s been one of best SB threats in game last 5 years.  Ever since coming back from a hand injury he’s abandoned running?  I don’t get it.  Brutal to own.  

He hasn't been running bc he hasn't really been getting on base. Just bench him until he breaks out of this and that time is coming. The dbacks r facing a few lefties this week and next. Perfect way to break the slump! Right in time for the CHIP. 

On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 12:25 AM, Thewizardnj said:

He hasn't been running bc he hasn't really been getting on base. Just bench him until he breaks out of this and that time is coming. The dbacks r facing a few lefties this week and next. Perfect way to break the slump! Right in time for the CHIP. 

AJ's toast. Nothing more to see here. Such a promising OFer back in the day when healthy.

On 8/29/2018 at 12:25 AM, Thewizardnj said:

he is batting 226 vs LHP, not much to look forward to. I plan to cut before my semis start next week...

Man i hope i make it to next round and AJ explodes at coors lol

This guy is an absolute mess, more so than Kris Bryant, more so than Brian Dozier....

This guy is actually hurting your team by you putting him in the line up. OPEN ROSTER SPOT is actually better than Pollock over the last 30 days or so.

This has gone on for so long now that with playoffs coming up, you have no choice but to drop him in any average league say 10-14 sized. 

Am I wrong in saying this? 

It is not out of the question this guy is done being a fantasy relevant player.  His body might just be used up at 31.

13 minutes ago, B&F said:

It is not out of the question this guy is done being a fantasy relevant player.  His body might just be used up at 31.

What's amazing to me is that in the first half he was a NL MVP type player. It's like Pollock and Goldschmidt traded mindsets during his injury or something and they reversed roles.

56 minutes ago, CrypTviLL said:

This guy is an absolute mess, more so than Kris Bryant, more so than Brian Dozier....

This guy is actually hurting your team by you putting him in the line up. OPEN ROSTER SPOT is actually better than Pollock over the last 30 days or so.

This has gone on for so long now that with playoffs coming up, you have no choice but to drop him in any average league say 10-14 sized. 

Am I wrong in saying this? 

I cut him a few days ago

I’m kicking myself for even rostering him while hurt and turning down offers.  I knew this injury would ultimately destroy him but got sucked into the April legend line.  I’m just in disbelief that despite being healthy the last 2 months he has 1 SB.  The hit tool overachieved and finger ruined him, but legs should of been fresh?  Oh well, just a waste.  Note to self when you view this thread in 4-5 months when you prep for draft, DO NOT bid on this guy again no matter what the price.

I agree with all of the above but I’m having a hard time bouncing him with a 4 game series @ Colorado. He’s batting lead off tonight and I’ll see what he does with it before I make a decision. 

At least we can ride him til end of the coors series. Also finally a SB