nonstopfan

Dion Lewis 2018 Outlook

rolling with him in a weekly Salary Cap fantasy league on FanBall. 

They have him priced as a mid tier #3 RB. I think he can out perform that price like he did last week. 

• Haha 1

He is a stud when given the opportunity and healthy, guy has so much agility, he should be a solid RB2 no matter how much Henry plays.  Plus Tenn is bad so he gives them the best chance to move the ball

10 minutes ago, remark900 said:

What happened? Only 1 target...

Got out early on them and tried to grind it out with Henry.....

Lets clarify things for those who are struggling.

2018:

Lewis - 30 carries, 117yds, 3.9avg ....  9 targets, 6 catches, 36yds

Henry - 28 carries, 82yds, 2.9avg ....  1 target, 1 catch, 5yds

Now we know who is more involved.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Snap Counts Week 1:

Lewis - 49

Henry - 20

Snap Counts Week 2:

Lewis - 33

Henry - 26

Lewis is the one you want to own here.

• Like 2

What are the thoughts on him this week?  I think the Jags could bottle up Henry and get a decent lead at home, leading to the titans playing catch-up.  With Mixon out I need to use him as my RB2.

Just now, humanpuck said:

What are the thoughts on him this week?  I think the Jags could bottle up Henry and get a decent lead at home, leading to the titans playing catch-up.  With Mixon out I need to use him as my RB2.

Your thinking is sound to me. 

26 minutes ago, humanpuck said:

my thoughts exactly...i don't have a better flex right now in my non-ppr league

Thoughts on Lewis rest of season? Top 20? Top 15 even? Looks like he is already taking over. I just watched highlights of game 1. Didn’t realize his TD was on a goal line carry. That must hurt for Henry owners out there. He’s getting more rush attempts than expected, and it looks like he will be utilized pretty well in the passing game. Pretty nice rest of season outlook. 

6 hours ago, swetooth9 said:

my thoughts exactly...i don't have a better flex right now in my non-ppr league

I’ve been going back and forth with Lewis @JAX or Sony Michel @DET in my PPR. Probably going Lewis, but my heart says Michel is going to go off 

35 minutes ago, FinsUp24 said:

Thoughts on Lewis rest of season? Top 20? Top 15 even? Looks like he is already taking over. I just watched highlights of game 1. Didn’t realize his TD was on a goal line carry. That must hurt for Henry owners out there. He’s getting more rush attempts than expected, and it looks like he will be utilized pretty well in the passing game. Pretty nice rest of season outlook. 

I just don't know. After his 14 carry for 42 yard performance last week do you think you can trust a backup RB with a banged up oline and QB?

There might be better options this week.

38 minutes ago, FinsUp24 said:

This week TBD but rest of season I think hes easy top20 ppr. Passing game RB, goalline looks, 2min offense RB. Not much to not like about this guy moving forward.

Anticipated game-flow would indicate this is a Lewis game.  But still, simply because it's the JAX defense, my instinct is to stick him on the bench.  Really tough situation here.

How is JAX defense against pass-catching RBs?

20 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

Anticipated game-flow would indicate this is a Lewis game.  But still, simply because it's the JAX defense, my instinct is to stick him on the bench.  Really tough situation here.

How is JAX defense against pass-catching RBs?

Did a little research and this year JAX allows a little more than league average to RBs in terms of recs and rec yards.  Last year they were a little below league average, but not by much.  I'm not so sour on the matchup now but still not crazy about it.

He is the only back to own in this offense. Lewis is a shifty back who makes something of nothing. Behind a porous O line they need that. Henry is a JAG who musters 2 yards if he is lucky (especially behind that o line). Lewis will continue to own the time share and is the lead back. Henry is backup again this season. 

• Like 3

Henry has been nothing but a disappointment since coming into the league. Lewis is the obvious back to own. I’m not sure about his match up this week, but will easily be a flex with RB2 upside throughout the year. 

Update on Mariota: it sounds like he's not making much progress. This definitely doesn't help Dion Lewis, as seen last weekend. It could be another weekend start for Blaine Gabbert. This is definitely something to monitor as the week progresses. 

Edited by kingdavid206

7 hours ago, kingdavid206 said:

Update on Mariota: it sounds like he's not making much progress. This definitely doesn't help Dion Lewis, as seen last weekend. It could be another weekend start for Blaine Gabbert. This is definitely something to monitor as the week progresses. 

Yeah I'm worried about Gabbert vs Jax D, picked up Clement and thinking of starting him over Lewis if Ajayi is out.

• Like 2

I heard with Mariota part of the issue was maybe some nerve in his elbow preventing him from gripping and feeling the ball fully.  I worry if that's going to be a long term thing.  If so, they're going to need to be a lot more run heavy with Gabbert, which is good for both backs.