Sign in to follow this  
BostonCajun

Yoenis Cespedes 2018 Outlook

3 hours ago, EmbargoLifted said:

you can't watch an NYM telecast without the commentators insinuating that he's lazy/taking way too much time to rehab/etc. It can't be good for his PR.

Very true. 

Now I'm not suggesting what they are doing is right, but a lot of his actions suggest there may be more truth to their claims than not. But of course we certainly don't know everything going on with his body and shouldn't pretend to.

All of that aside, I'm of the belief that he doesn't truly "love" baseball. The only time I can actually remember seeing joy regularly on his face was during the home run derby years ago. Since then, and before, it strikes me as more of a paycheck than anything else. Cespedes is someone I routinely ignore in drafts and fantasy as a whole. 

Yea I mean this guy does have to be among the softest players in all of sports. DH’d last night and couldn’t handle DHing again today after his 3 month layoff. Ridiculous 

For all the soft comments it seems like you guys just blew past the whole calcified heel thing. Physical activity makes it worse and there's often a weakened healing response. If that's what he has that's a pretty devastating issue for athletes to deal with. Both heels? Good lord. He's pretty tough to go out there at all. 

• Like 2

Oh look, another Mets player with a more severe injury than the medical staff and management are aware of. Good job, NY. 

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

For all the soft comments it seems like you guys just blew past the whole calcified heel thing. Physical activity makes it worse and there's often a weakened healing response. If that's what he has that's a pretty devastating issue for athletes to deal with. Both heels? Good lord. He's pretty tough to go out there at all. 

Then he ought to just get the surgery if it's going to be that problematic. He's making nearly 30 million dollars im not going to applaud him for coming back and toughing out one night of baseball. The fact this is news to the Mets is once again sad and depressing but hardly surprising.

Edited by Marty Funkhouser

We’ll always remember that one nigh in July when he came back to play baseball.  Adios Yoenis.  Wouldn’t take this guy for free next year.  My fingers got carpel tunnel from refreshing his injury updates so much this year.  Probably the biggest joke season for a player I could remember.  Talk about complete disconnect from team to player.  

Edited by Cmilne23
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, AnonymousRob said:

He's pretty tough to go out there at all

Right? It took the heart of a lion to survive that stroll around the bases for the first time in 3 months. 

Move over Ripken!

Move over Tony Stark!!

The new Iron Man is in town!!!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TrueToTheBlue said:

Wouldn't surprise me at all if he didn't play another game this year

It wouldn’t surprise me if he didn’t play another game NEXT year either. 

• Like 1

And instead of any insight regarding the injury, speculation on his fantasy value rest of season, speculation on an ETA, etc.  we get 2 pages of nonsense/worthless drivel that helps no one with their fantasy team and drowns out any legitimate trading of ideas/dialogue on the player. 

Great job RW!

Edited by EmbargoLifted
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, EmbargoLifted said:

And instead of any insight regarding the injury, speculation on his fantasy value rest of season, speculation on an ETA, etc.  we get 2 pages of nonsense/worthless drivel that helps no one with their fantasy team and drowns out any legitimate trading of ideas/dialogue on the player. 

Great job RW!

Actually only this page alone there’s a quote from the beat writer regarding comments from the manager, as well as another remember replying to someone who watches games and references the announcers (who have direct access to team) ripping him from not playing/insinuating so so is frustrated.  

That one game played really showed the doubters!

• Like 1

Yea I have been hearing he will be out for the year.  Don't want to drop him just yet but might as well really.

On 7/21/2018 at 8:39 PM, Cmilne23 said:

It wouldn’t surprise me if he didn’t play another game NEXT year either. 

At least he won't even have a thread next year. I think it's clear he's retired in his mind. On Friday I saw him score from 2nd, nothing looked wrong, it's as if he forgot he had a heel problem. I sense a best selling book coming from him one day, it'll be about the time he scammed the Mets and Mets fans. 

4 minutes ago, Fantasy Baseball Geek said:

At least he won't even have a thread next year. I think it's clear he's retired in his mind. On Friday I saw him score from 2nd, nothing looked wrong, it's as if he forgot he had a heel problem. I sense a best selling book coming from him one day, it'll be about the time he scammed the Mets and Mets fans. 

The game where he started at DH because they said he wasn't able to play the field with his bad foot?

3 minutes ago, MrBrown said:

The game where he started at DH because they said he wasn't able to play the field with his bad foot?

Yes. He scored from 2nd base, I believe it was the 7th or 8th inning. No limp and full speed. I had to replay it just to make sure.