urban2014

C.J. Anderson 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Message added by tonycpsu

I don't have any slots left for RB block-move adds lol.

Edited by OmegaRed88

20 minutes ago, cnewbykkn said:

Salty Kelly owner confirmed.

Still on my waivers dude. 

1 minute ago, urban2014 said:

Too risky right one. Have no idea who will get the carries. I picked up both though 😂 I'm probably gonna roll with jamaal or damien this week at flex

14 minutes ago, jccouger said:

Is he as good as Jamaal Williams at pass protection? That would be legendary 

• Like 1

Goff gonna have 40 attempts this week.  I wouldn't be in love with either Rams RB if Gurley is out with all this noise now.  

Total dart throw even with the plus matchup and likely positive gamescript.  

For all we know Cooks will get 4 rushing attempts this week !

Just now, SonataArctica said:

If he is so good, why did everybody want to cut him? 

3 minutes ago, SonataArctica said:

He's not. It's still funny though that people here can't see why pass blocking is important in terms of playing time and opportunity 

3 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

Goff gonna have 40 attempts this week.  I wouldn't be in love with either Rams RB if Gurley is out with all this noise now.  

Total dart throw even with the plus matchup and likely positive gamescript.  

For all we know Cooks will get 4 rushing attempts this week !

The cardinals are better against the pass. The cardinals offense is terrible. Goff isn't throwing 40 times 

• Like 3

So much smoke surrounding CJ starting.

With this smoke it only means one thing, gotta FIRE him up. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

This is from the Kelly thread a couple days ago...

On 12/20/2018 at 10:44 AM, urban2014 said:

Burned my last $11 FFAB on him cause the opponent has Gurley 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, cnewbykkn said:

This is from the Kelly thread a couple days ago...

Different league dude

Just now, urban2014 said:

Different league dude

Bwahahaha. So you're super salty about CJ in the league you don't own Kelly in, but OK with today's news in the league you DO own Kelly in??

• Haha 2

That’s a keeper league with basically everyone good player already gone. CJ would not even be on waivers 

If you don’t mind checking, who created this thread? ok?

13 minutes ago, jccouger said:

So much smoke surrounding CJ starting.

With this smoke it only means one thing, gotta FIRE him up. 

Could be a smokescreen. I mean I know they are playing against the Cardinals but what advantage is there in letting the other team know who you are going to play days beforehand? Anderson was getting overlooked so McVay probably trying to just make sure he isn't forgotten about and opposing team spends some time thinking about him. I own anywhere from 2-4 of the LA RBs in the leagues I'm still alive in since I don't know how this thing sorts out. If they played tonight (and Gurley is out) I'm honestly not sure what I'd do so hopefully we get some more info (or more corroborating info in favor of Anderson) before Sunday.  

I'm skeptical of Anderson being able to play a big role just from a play calling perspective (they'd have to probably dumb down the playbook significantly). I know Anderson has been in a zone blocking scheme before. Not sure if Rams using basically the same formation all game is a good or bad thing as far as learning the playbook (on one hand it limits how diverse things are but on the otherhand ton of little wrinkles that you need to be aware of). 

Edited by Jaw1

5 minutes ago, Jaw1 said:

Could be a smokescreen. I mean I know they are playing against the Cardinals but what advantage is there in letting the other team know who you are going to play days beforehand? Anderson was getting overlooked so McVay probably trying to just make sure he isn't forgotten about and opposing team spends some time thinking about him. I own anywhere from 2-4 of the LA RBs in the leagues I'm still alive in since I don't know how this thing sorts out. If they played tonight (and Gurley is out) I'm honestly not sure what I'd do so hopefully we get some more info (or more corroborating info in favor of Anderson) before Sunday.  

"ESPN's Lindsey Thiry reports C.J. Anderson will start if Todd Gurley (knee) doesn't play this week.

This confirms earlier reports that Anderson is ahead of John Kelly. Anderson just signed this week, but he'll be on the streaming radar as the touch-favorite in the Rams offense. Justin Davis (questionable, shoulder) isn't expected to play Sunday."

the above note is pretty clear. All you have to see is if gurly is active or not.

Wow.  John Kelly must feel like Anderson's being placed in front of him on the depth chart right away is a huge slap in the face.  I was anxious to see what Kelly could do as the starter after watching highlights of him in the preseason.

• Like 1