urban2014

C.J. Anderson 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Message added by tonycpsu

Forever greatful to Anderson. When Gurley was ruled out i had no other choice. Props to the reporter who broke the news on Friday about Anderson starting. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, bigbluecrew56 said:

Forever greatful to Anderson. When Gurley was ruled out i had no other choice. Props to the reporter who broke the news on Friday about Anderson starting. 

Had the same exact decision b/c I took a gamble with not playing Jamaal Williams at 1pm game then I was forced with either CJ or Kelly. All I prayed for was a few rushes and Goal line attempt. He exceeded my expectations.  I will forever remember this moment it maybe biggest gamble I've made in my 6 years of fantasy Football. 

• Like 2

Can you believe this fat f--- is going to get a super bowl ring? And probably has a 1 in 3 chance of being SB MVP?

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Proteus said:

Can you believe this fat f--- is going to get a super bowl ring? And probably has a 1 in 3 chance of being SB MVP?

Whoa.  That's a lot of assumptions.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Proteus said:

Can you believe this fat f--- is going to get another super bowl ring? And probably has a 1 in 3 chance of being SB MVP?

FTFY

He already led DEN to a SB win.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

FTFY

He already led DEN to a SB win.

Yeah - but you never actually answered his question 

22 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Yeah - but you never actually answered his question 

I already did. Of course I believe he can...he's already done it. 

1 hour ago, Proteus said:

He played great tonight.  What a performance.  And, yes, he looks REALLY fat right now.

I have been a C.J. guy since right before he broke out in 2014.  I just love the way he plays.  But he could really stand to drop about 20 Lbs, for starters.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

I already did. Of course I believe he can...he's already done it. 

I was just joshing you - actually, I do as well

What I like about “Luckbox1” is I will never get bored having to take time reading his posts.

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, BMcP said:

What I like about “Luckbox1” is I will never get bored having to take time reading his posts.

Or immediately forgetting them.

6 hours ago, Proteus said:

The Rams think so little of Dallas that they gave the dude 20+ carries to keep Gurley fresh for next week.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Gohawks said:

The Rams think so little of Dallas that they gave the dude 20+ carries to keep Gurley fresh for next week.

I know you are joking, but I highly doubt that was McVay's plan, going in.

10 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

He played great tonight.  What a performance.  And, yes, he looks REALLY fat right now.

I have been a C.J. guy since right before he broke out in 2014.  I just love the way he plays.  But he could really stand to drop about 20 Lbs, for starters.

Literally every play i saw he needed help off the ground. Half the time it was a ref who grabbed him up

11 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

He has had weight and conditioning issues in the past, which makes him coming off the couch and playing this well all the more impressive.  

1 hour ago, bigbluecrew56 said:

Does this become an Ingram and Kamara situation going into next year? 

no because malcom brown looked even better before he went down to an injury. its the rams system that helps these rbs look good. gurley is a beast and you would be a damn fool to mess with his overall playing time. mcvay is not a damn fool, so i dont see this problem occurring. besides he couldnt do it in denver or carolina, so this obviliously has to be a system advantage.

This is a classic case of fresh legs. Nothing more.

If Rerun Anderson was given anything resembling a real workload dating all the way back to preseason, he would have been nursing a high cankle sprain by week 1, never looking quite right all year, and fading into unceremonious retirement.

Now? He waddles into a situation where everyone else is battle weary, if not flat out injured.

Im starting to wonder if teams will start to plan for RBs like this...to treat RBs like tires at the Indy 500 as opposed to players expected to carry the mail for 16 games plus post season

57 minutes ago, not an nfl scout said:

no because malcom brown looked even better before he went down to an injury. its the rams system that helps these rbs look good. gurley is a beast and you would be a damn fool to mess with his overall playing time. mcvay is not a damn fool, so i dont see this problem occurring. besides he couldnt do it in denver or carolina, so this obviliously has to be a system advantage.

He didn't play in CAR bc they wanted McCaffrey to get all the work. Didn't work out so well for them. 

In DEN he ran for 1000 yards last yr and ran over CAR to win that SB.

CJA is no scrub.