robbybobby005

Alex Reyes 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2018-11-28. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Message added by tonycpsu

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, chud12 said:

he suffered an injury in his last rehab start that escalated in his 2018 MLB debut.

 

this makes me sick.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, chud12 said:

 

Alex Reyes underwent surgery to repair a torn tendon in his right lat muscle on Wednesday.

According to Mark Saxon of The Athletic, recovery time on Reyes's surgery is typically six months. Unfortunately, that means the talented right-hander's season is over. Reyes had missed 16 months recovering from Tommy John surgery, and while he put up dominant numbers in his rehab, he suffered an injury in his last rehab start that escalated in his 2018 MLB debut. We'll hopefully see Reyes back on the mound for the Cardinals in 2019.

 

So, who's fault is that?  Other than Reyes, I guess.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, phisouza33 said:

What are the chances he’s ready for opening day ? 

I wouldn't count on it.  They really need to baby him to avoid another injury.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 89Topps said:

 

So, who's fault is that?  Other than Reyes, I guess.

Assuming he didn't withhold that injury from the Cards I would say they shouldn't have let him start that next game.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, heyeaglefn said:

I wouldn't count on it.  They really need to baby him to avoid another injury.

What kinda time line people thinking for next season?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, heyeaglefn said:

Assuming he didn't withhold that injury from the Cards I would say they shouldn't have let him start that next game.  

 

I was under the impression he didn't say anything about it.  Here's the tweet mentioned upthread speculating about it.

 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, phisouza33 said:

What kinda time line people thinking for next season?

I'd say about this time next  year if everything goes well.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, phisouza33 said:

What are the chances he’s ready for opening day ? 

Rotowire quote states he should be ready for next spring, but who knows. If this was his first serious injury I’d be more confident. 

 

They claim it’s a 6 month recovery time. 

Edited by mavsfan23

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, heyeaglefn said:

I'd say about this time next  year if everything goes well.  

GDit!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mavsfan23 said:

Rotowire quote states he should be ready for next spring, but who knows. If this was his first serious injury I’d be more confident. 

 

They claim it’s a 6 month recovery time. 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Believe Jake Peavy came back normal from this surgery.  He had a ton of miles on his arm at time, I believe his stuff diminished after though.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, ZChronicNebula said:

Worst management EVER?!

You can't blame the Cardinals if he didn't disclose his own injury. This seems to fall squarely, at least from what we currently know, on Reyes.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A fantasy injury has never been so crushing in my almost 20 years of playing.  I really hope his career picks right up where it left off next Spring.  So depressing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, blinkfan77 said:

A fantasy injury has never been so crushing in my almost 20 years of playing.  I really hope his career picks right up where it left off next Spring.  So depressing.

You must have had some great luck.  This is nothing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, trojans888 said:

You must have had some great luck.  This is nothing.

I've had plenty of major injuries and Tommy Johns. But Reyes's story is unique. Hard to find a guy with such promise, have such a tough time getting his career going.

 

Just super depressing given how long we've waited for him, and how his rehab outings were. From an extreme high, to the low of lows.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

Believe Jake Peavy came back normal from this surgery.  He had a ton of miles on his arm at time, I believe his stuff diminished after though.  

He did, but it took him 10 months.  Not exactly sure if his surgery was more complicated, or more or less relatively obsolete or ineffective though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, trojans888 said:

You must have had some great luck.  This is nothing.

Yeah RIP Tavares and JoFer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, STLSU said:

Yeah RIP Tavares and JoFer

Actually I owned Jose since before he made his ML debut. I just chose not to mention it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, blinkfan77 said:

I've had plenty of major injuries and Tommy Johns. But Reyes's story is unique. Hard to find a guy with such promise, have such a tough time getting his career going.

 

Just super depressing given how long we've waited for him, and how his rehab outings were. From an extreme high, to the low of lows.

 

 

Jonny Venters? Lost basically his career when the Braves just overused him. That first year he looked better than Kimbrel going by memory.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

Believe Jake Peavy came back normal from this surgery.  He had a ton of miles on his arm at time, I believe his stuff diminished after though.  

 

Peavy was never the same but he also left San Diego to the AL too..... He was the first to have this type of surgery as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Low and Away said:

Jonny Venters? Lost basically his career when the Braves just overused him. That first year he looked better than Kimbrel going by memory.

He still wasn't what Reyes was about to be. And a stud RP and stud SP are two completely different things. I'd say 10 GM's out of 10 would take the SP any day.

 

But anyways,  I wasn't trying to start a discussion, I was just stating how it's a painful one for me personally.

 

(Nothing will touch losing Jose, though. )

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now what???? Dynasty hold or not......I'm curious to see how many pitchers had similar injuries histories and still came back dominate worthy of a dynaaty hold that is ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Always listen to what your body is trying to tell you. When will people ever learn!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.