XxxOilOverloadxxX

Josh Donaldson 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2018-11-05. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Message added by tonycpsu

"kinda iffy" about coming off the DL with a little owie?  Getting so sick of this cuck,

• Haha 1

This guy has missed 26 of 62 games already. Barely playing more than 50% of the game .

1 minute ago, summersoff7 said:

odds he plays before the ASB?  So sick of this yo-yo'ing back and forth: "he's likely to be activated before x series" ... "he's not ready yet."  It's complete BS.  Something is happening behind the scenes that we don't know about.

They want him to be 100% healthy and minimize the risk of him re-injuring himself so they can maximize his value at the July 31 trade deadline. Not rocket appliances.

• Haha 1

What so you guys think of buying low? [ Removed BC Content ]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Bench Coach content

Donaldson (calf) will not be activated from the disabled list Friday, John Lott of The Athletic Toronto reports.

Donaldson ran the bases Thursday but still needs some more running so that he can "be competitive when he returns," according to general manager Ross Atkins. His return date is not yet known.

The fact that this has turned into a 3 week injury is just the icing on top of the s--- season from him thus far. Dude has missed 48% of the games thus far. By the time he is activated , it will be 50%.

32 minutes ago, WaKe21334 said:

The fact that this has turned into a 3 week injury is just the icing on top of the s--- season from him thus far. Dude has missed 48% of the games thus far. By the time he is activated , it will be 50%.

All of this is aside from the fact that he wasn't particularly effective when he did play. I think I'm on my last bit of patience with dude. 

On 6/12/2018 at 3:10 AM, smeeze said:

How many times has this guy said maybe on day x, or x series?  He doesnt know what the hell he's doing or how Donaldson feels.  At ALL.

How in the f’ing f has there been no word on him even on a rehab assignment?

Is he even going to get a qualifying offer this off season? Haha I mean seriously for his own sake he needs to gtf back on the field 

I guess the Canadian media are just garbage. With some accurate reporting, I might at least be able to drop this fool for someone who plays, depending on the info.

• Like 2

He should be useless all year... missed so much time his return will require 2-3 months to get in sync. Utter trash

This guy has gone from ironman to orchid in the last year.  I suppose he, Thor, Stras and Tulo are getting all caught up with Game of Thrones, Sex and the City, and General Hospital though.

• Haha 1

I saw Donaldson this AM on my milk carton when I was having Rice Krispies!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, STLSU said:

This guy has gone from ironman to orchid in the last year.  I suppose he, Thor, Stras and Tulo are getting all caught up with Game of Thrones, Sex and the City, and General Hospital though.

The highlight is the only thing I disagree with. His decline has been pretty evident for over a year.

14 months or so IMHO

• Like 1

From Rotowire:

Donaldson (calf) will not travel with the Blue Jays when they travel to Los Angeles on Thursday to begin a four-game series with the Angels, Ben Nicholson-Smith of Sportsnet.ca reports.
Spin: 

Donaldson is expected to continue rehabbing in Florida before eventually heading out on a brief minor-league rehab assignment when deemed ready, likely ruling out a return over the weekend. At this point, the veteran third baseman remains without a timetable for his return as the Blue Jays continue to handle him with care.

After almost a week with no news, "sportsnet.ca" just now figured all this out. That's Canada for you.

46 minutes ago, Fiveohnine said:

From Rotowire:

After almost a week with no news, "sportsnet.ca" just now figured all this out. That's Canada for you.

Maybe Canada knows how irrelevant this dude now is.

The fact he's not going on a road trip is same-old-same old.

I hope he just retires soon - like this season. That would be news. Useful news.

48 minutes ago, Fiveohnine said:

From Rotowire:

Weren’t they just quoting what the manager said? “John Gibbons says”...

8 hours ago, alisgodnow said:

Weren’t they just quoting what the manager said? “John Gibbons says”...

He had to bash Canada though. Surely such a travesty would never occur in the US of A.

• Haha 2

there's no way this piece of trash is not healed by now.  im 37 and I heal 5 times faster than these world class athletes with world class team doctors working on them 24 hours a day.

owie!  muh wittle calf!  gimmie a break.  cuck.  Get out there.

Lol at people that think Donaldson will play again this year and even be slightly better than replacement level. If you need him this year, you already lost

2 hours ago, summersoff7 said:

there's no way this piece of trash is not healed by now.  im 37 and I heal 5 times faster than these world class athletes with world class team doctors working on them 24 hours a day.

owie!  muh wittle calf!  gimmie a break.  cuck.  Get out there.

You can’t possibly think it is his choice.  The organization is protecting it’s investment making sure he is fully healed by the trade deadline in order to maximize his value.   They are not going to risk having this linger and getting nothing for him.

Edited by TheBoatmen
  • Like 3