XxxOilOverloadxxX

Josh Donaldson 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2018-11-05. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Message added by tonycpsu

12 hours ago, Ace_King said:

Any word on an estimated return? 

Last I heard was July 27th, not holding my breath.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Topgun said:

Last I heard was July 27th, not holding my breath.

Nobody's going to trade for him at this rate.

With his upcoming FA value nearly being entirely tanked, wondering if Donaldson and his agent are hoping, perhaps in part, that he isn't traded (as unlikely as it may be) so that he would at least have a QO to fall back on (Jays would, in all likelihood, still offer up a QO to him).

Edited by Blight

2 hours ago, Blight said:

With his upcoming FA value nearly being entirely tanked, wondering if Donaldson and his agent are hoping, perhaps in part, that he isn't traded (as unlikely as it may be) so that he would at least have a QO to fall back on (Jays would, in all likelihood, still offer up a QO to him).

He's getting paid what $23 Mil thru arbitration.  He'd possibly be better off if he was still arb. eligible given injury status will most likely keep his salary level at minimum.

Assuming he is able to play at some point, he wouldn't be a bad get for the Braves or Phillies who could probably get him for pretty cheap and not have to give up any of their big rebuilding blocks.

9 hours ago, fourstar said:

Assuming he is able to play at some point, he wouldn't be a bad get for the Braves or Phillies who could probably get him for pretty cheap and not have to give up any of their big rebuilding blocks.

The way he is playing this year I'd rather have Camargo and even Franco over him.

Josh Donaldson I hate you for tying up a roster spot.  What the hell is wrong with you???  I do hope you recover but what a pain it is to roster you and wait.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, floppy said:

any info.. at all? jeez this guyyy

Last I heard he could return on August 7th, per CBS, I'm not buying it, to be honest.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, floppy said:

any info.. at all? jeez this guyyy

Not very specific, I know.

2 hours ago, Topgun said:

Last I heard he could return on August 7th, per CBS, I'm not buying it, to be honest.

cant imagine that when he hasnt started rehab games but hopefully

Seems like Donaldson is almost sticking it to the Jays.  I have never heard of a strained calf basically costing his season save for a month with the shoulder.

I mean wasn't this guy running full speed like 3 weeks ago?  What happened with that?

9 hours ago, mehtavg2000 said:

Placed on 60 day DL

procedural move.  he'll be ready in August

Saw something about rapid progress, and a stronger base to hit from.  It's hard to even look up updates on him anymore quite honestly.  Seems masochistic.

I've been tempted to drop him more than once but at this point I think I just have to continue holding until he either comes back or is ruled out for the year.

2 hours ago, Didgital said:

Any timeline for return?

CBS  player updates said he could return August 10th, will have to wait and see on that one.