XxxOilOverloadxxX

Josh Donaldson 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2018-11-05. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Message added by tonycpsu

What teams might be interested?  Anyone need a 3rd basemen?  Any chance he gets traded to a team that doesn't need him as a full time starter?  

Going by reverse order of AL I see the Indians going for him leaving JoRam to 2nd.

I saw that this morning.  Still think he is getting dealt but yea the 2 are unrelated.

He will be in a Jays uniform next year...No point in trading him now unless some team is going to be stupid.

Vlad Jr and Donaldson can split time at 3B/DH...Morales won't stop that well shouldn't anyway 

1 hour ago, CanadianSportsJunkie said:

He will be in a Jays uniform next year...No point in trading him now unless some team is going to be stupid.

Vlad Jr and Donaldson can split time at 3B/DH...Morales won't stop that well shouldn't anyway 

I think the Jays will give him the QO, he will eject it and sign sign someone like the Cardinals and they will take their draft pick....if Morales keeps hitting like this he will get the key to the city and will be full time again next year.  Quickly becoming a fan favourite, and I can’t see anybody taking one the 12M for him next year.

Just wanted to say how bad this rushed assignment looks for a Jays fan. Even rushing it is being done wrong... how much can you showcase in 2 (at most) minor league games? Makes me completely fishy of JD and his motivations this season, and it makes the org look desperate.

5 minutes ago, MireLurker said:

Just wanted to say how bad this rushed assignment looks for a Jays fan. Even rushing it is being done wrong... how much can you showcase in 2 (at most) minor league games? Makes me completely fishy of JD and his motivations this season, and it makes the org look desperate.

If they can get something decent (relatively) for him why not?  They might be afraid to make him a QO next year anyway.

I just don't see why they would send him out a few days before the deadline and when he is clearly not 100% unless they hope to move him. I see no chance at a QO.

1 minute ago, STLSU said:

I just don't see why they would send him out a few days before the deadline and when he is clearly not 100% unless they hope to move him. I see no chance at a QO.

Why are we sure he's not 100%?  JD has no incentive to get out there before he's ready and potentially look bad.  He probably doesn't care whether he's traded.

Just watch the video he posted on Instagram. I linked it here.  That was a week to 10 days ago.  He's not suddenly ready at this moment after being out 3 months consecitively.  That defies medical science.

He gone!  like Hawk says.

Hearing Josh Donaldson won’t be in the lineup at single-A Dunedin tonight due to soreness in calves and legs. #BlueJays”

HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

Edited by tywalson
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, tywalson said:

Hearing Josh Donaldson won’t be in the lineup at single-A Dunedin tonight due to soreness in calves and legs. #BlueJays”

HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, DidiFan said:

giphy.gif

Seriously I don't get it. How did this dude age from an MVP player to an 80 year old grandpa in just two years...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DidiFan said:

giphy.gif

That gif with this situation - man I laughed my a** off literally.

Edited by SuperJoint
  • Like 1

Toronto will probably have to pay the ROS salary to dump this guy.  His new team needs to have bridge and bingo games available with a hoverround in a state of the art rest home near his new stadium.

• Haha 1

He’s more of a canasta guy

• Haha 2

He will not get a QO from the Jays, at least Molasses can run if you want to call it that, I don't know what happens to this guy next year, someone will pay for a guy who can't run because of his history, who knows how much? I watched some video of him running in 2015 and compared it to last year, it's quite a bit different, this has been an issue for awhile and i don't see it getting better ever

• Like 1

1 hour ago, STLSU said:

Toronto will probably have to pay the ROS salary to dump this guy.  His new team needs to have bridge and bingo games available with a hoverround in a state of the art rest home near his new stadium.

As a Blue Jays fan, seeing Donaldson deteriorate like this makes me very very sad =( 

I miss 2015...

Edited by DavidbivaD
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, azeri98 said:

He will not get a QO from the Jays, at least Molasses can run if you want to call it that, I don't know what happens to this guy next year, someone will pay for a guy who can't run because of his history, who knows how much? I watched some video of him running in 2015 and compared it to last year, it's quite a bit different, this has been an issue for awhile and i don't see it getting better ever

He absolutely will get a QO.  From someone who has torn both his hamstrings running to first base I can tell you that tearing a calf muscle is a 100 times worse and a lot longer to heal, especially if you reinjure it.  Also have to remember that the weather was bad, the Dunedin came was actually postponed anyways.  As a Jays fan I hope he doesn't get traded this year.   Give him the QO and it if signs elsewhere take the draft pick.   If he takes it let him build up his value and you will get more for him next year then you will for the final 5 weeks of this season.  I believe Vladdy is going to have to come up as a 1B anyways.  It is looking more and more likely that Kevin Smith is the shortstop of the future which will probably mean Bichette goes to 3rd and Biggio stays at 2nd.  It could be a pretty stacked infield in the future.  Back to JD, it wasn't long ago that Jays fans were calling for a 5 year 100 million extension.   You get him now possibly for 1 year at 18M which could be a bargain.  They paid Bautista 17M at 3 years older. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TheBoatmen said:

He absolutely will get a QO.  From someone who has torn both his hamstrings running to first base I can tell you that tearing a calf muscle is a 100 times worse and a lot longer to heal, especially if you reinjure it.  Also have to remember that the weather was bad, the Dunedin came was actually postponed anyways.  As a Jays fan I hope he doesn't get traded this year.   Give him the QO and it if signs elsewhere take the draft pick.   If he takes it let him build up his value and you will get more for him next year then you will for the final 5 weeks of this season.  I believe Vladdy is going to have to come up as a 1B anyways.  It is looking more and more likely that Kevin Smith is the shortstop of the future which will probably mean Bichette goes to 3rd and Biggio stays at 2nd.  It could be a pretty stacked infield in the future.  Back to JD, it wasn't long ago that Jays fans were calling for a 5 year 100 million extension.   You get him now possibly for 1 year at 18M which could be a bargain.  They paid Bautista 17M at 3 years older. 

No way they risk 18 mill on a guy who can't play anymore at a high level because of injury, this management team is very conservative, no way they give a guy who missed the whole year that much money, he's Cespedes 2.0 now, can't stay on the field. He didn't tear his calf muscle just strained it and he out for the whole year, damaged goods

Some of the comments in here make me wonder if you've played sports and have been injured before. I'm thinking not.

• Like 2