XxxOilOverloadxxX

Josh Donaldson 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2018-11-05. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Message added by tonycpsu

11 hours ago, wahoos1 said:

Any chance we see Vlad Jr or has that ship sailed 

Ship went south to Arizona

4 minutes ago, yeah!magnets! said:

So do we think Donaldson is an everyday starter or do we even know if he's coming back soon?

That’s not an either/or question.    First part is no, with the Indians.    Second part is, we think so.    He will be a part time player and he should be back ASAP, but who knows for how long.  

I dropped him 2-3 weeks ago.   I think he should just be owned in deep and dynasty leagues.    In standard redraft, I think he is worthless 

Edited by Ratso1022

Really depends on what your definition of a "part time player" is. He will probably need routine rest to maintain his health, but the reanimated corpse of Jason Kipnis is not keeping a productive Josh Donaldson off the field.  It's pointless to try to guess how healthy he will be (as evidenced by about 3/4 of the posts in this thread) but the lineup definitely has room for his bat.

• Like 2

True, forgot about them moving JRam to 2b.   Maybe Donaldson will see semi-regular PT.  Like 4-5 starts a week or so.  They need to see what they got for the post season 

Seems like they only traded for him with the hope that he would be healthy in time for the playoffs. Those recent videos of him running in rehab games looked like he was still gimpy. Might have much value during the regular season for fantasy purposes.

25 minutes ago, Low and Away said:

LOL

It's not a setback. It was done so he could start a rehab stint. 

Edited by Fuzzy_Slippers
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

It's not a setback. It was done so he could start a rehab stint. 

This is true, his work out yesterday was encouraging, I get the feeling he is close, this is just a rehab stint,

no set backs as Fuzzy _Slippers has stated. If all goes well, he could be playing in games next week.

On 8/21/2018 at 3:27 PM, DavidbivaD said:

Nah, after ramping things up, he's still on his way to first base. I'll update you once he gets there.

Notify me when he rounds second base, should be after Thanksgiving dinner.      No pun intended (since he is on the tribe now)-_-

Edited by Ratso1022

Just waiting for JoRam to regain 2B for next year.

Those poor souls that drafted Donaldson this year.

TSN reporting the Jays offered him 3 years 75 million at some point this season and he turned it down. I don't know if he gets that type of deal anywhere else after this year.

• Like 2

He could get a 2-3 year deal but it would be more like 3/$55M - $60M

• Like 1

Who really knows? He wasn't happy with the training staff but the injuries are easy to see so I don't understand his issue.

Both the Jays and Donaldson lost on this.

I can see something like 3 years at $60M/70 max. 

This is not the first dustup Donaldson has had with Jon Heyman one of the well-renowned insiders:

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/baseball/article-josh-donaldsons-agent-denies-toronto-blue-jays-extension-report/?cmpid=rss

“The fact is that the team never extended an offer to Josh, no years or dollars were ever specifically discussed, and it’s unfair to Josh for someone to repeatedly misrepresent his business affairs citing their ‘beliefs,’” Lozano said.

I kinda think this is all a diversion from something else going on behind the scenes.  The prior disagreement between the two seems pretty minor to me IMO.

It's like when husband and wife argue about something trivial when there's something more disturbing and massive like a glacier underneath the iceberg appearing on the surface.

12 hours ago, STLSU said:

I kinda think this is all a diversion from something else going on behind the scenes.  The prior disagreement between the two seems pretty minor to me IMO.

It's like when husband and wife argue about something trivial when there's something more disturbing and massive like a glacier underneath the iceberg appearing on the surface.

He was also having an affair with a Sportsnet reporter named Jackie Redmond, they had to move her to the NHL network, a lot of this mess is self inflicted, If a team gives him a 3 year deal that's a big risk

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, jfazz23 said:

boston should give him a 1 year deal next year

Maybe Cleveland will ante up and try to keep him with a 1 year contract with options for 2020, and 2021. This is not out of the question.

13 hours ago, jfazz23 said:

boston should give him a 1 year deal next year

No, no and no.  Devers has improved in the field and his bat is fine especially since he seems to get clutch hits.  And Nunez has an option for next year.  Last thing needed is to have Devers rot away in the minors.  He is the real deal.  And the Sox are trying to get UNDER the luxury tax.  Pitching is needed, not more hitting and especially from someone who has been injured endlessly over the last two years and subpar for big stretches when healthy and is past his prime.

On 9/7/2018 at 9:14 AM, azeri98 said:

He was also having an affair with a Sportsnet reporter named Jackie Redmond, they had to move her to the NHL network, a lot of this mess is self inflicted, If a team gives him a 3 year deal that's a big risk

Is this not a Blundell rumor?  If not,  apologies,  but that guy is full of crap

41 minutes ago, WahooManiac said:

Is this not a Blundell rumor?  If not,  apologies,  but that guy is full of crap

Yea it is a blundell rumour. And yes, that dude is literal trash. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, WahooManiac said:

It's not rumor, there was no reason to move her from a high profile position at Sportsnet and relegate her to the NHL network unless it was true. I have a friend who works at the network and people knew about it

Edited by azeri98
add
  • Like 1