XxxOilOverloadxxX

Josh Donaldson 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2018-11-05. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Message added by tonycpsu

39 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

Who cares at this point.

/thread

Agreed, is this fantasy relevant ?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Topgun said:

Agreed, is this fantasy relevant ?

20 pages of irrelevance.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, SuperJoint said:

20 pages of irrelevance.

In redraft leagues, yes, in dynasty/keeper leagues, he's has value, how much, TBD.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jpress82 said:

Will he be back tomorrow? Im in the fantasy playoffs and could use him

He is scheduled to return tomorrow. I could use him as well, but not in a weekly league, I'll use him as needed, and if he is producing, 

Edited by Topgun

I have no choice but to use him in weekly.  I have too many PT guys and am counting on his power stroke to carry over from rehab.

https://www.inquisitr.com/5066283/yankees-bosox-and-astros-voiced-displeasure-over-oddities-of-josh-donaldson-trade/

Interesting. When the trade happened I thought it was strange that he was placed back on the DL almost immediately after the trade without ever playing a rehab game for the Jays and just one game with the Indians. Maybe nothing but interesting as the trade could still be reversed.

Edited by Low and Away

Can he be a fantasy 3B starter in 2019 ?  or should we be prepared to find someone else ?

5 hours ago, Topgun said:

Can he be a fantasy 3B starter in 2019 ?  or should we be prepared to find someone else ?

He's definitely a target of mine. Fantasypros has him ranked #132 overall, which would put him in the 11th round in 12-team leagues. ESPN has him all the way down at #184, which seems too low. I would probably take a shot at him any time after the 9th round or so. 

• Like 3

On 10/23/2018 at 3:57 PM, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

He's definitely a target of mine. Fantasypros has him ranked #132 overall, which would put him in the 11th round in 12-team leagues. ESPN has him all the way down at #184, which seems too low. I would probably take a shot at him any time after the 9th round or so. 

Sleeper and Bust podcast guys, one of them was talking like 4th round or something crazy like that...

On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 1:12 PM, Topgun said:

Donaldson would be a good buy low target as long as you also have a couple more mid-late 3rd base options in mind. Do the homework and, if you're lucky, one can pan out to be good trade bait in May and another can be a keeper (for the rest of the season, at least). 

He's going into his age 33 season.  His best days are behind him.  I'd only draft him in a deep league around 120 at earliest.