XxxOilOverloadxxX

Josh Donaldson 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2018-11-05. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Message added by tonycpsu

2 minutes ago, TrueToTheBlue said:

Any educated guesses on when he returns to the field? Thinking about both his and Kendrys outlook

He needs to get his arm strength back and I have no idea. 

24 minutes ago, verycoolnin said:

He needs to get his arm strength back and I have no idea. 

The telecasters said he is medically cleared for everything and he just has the yips.  

Was throwing normally before the game. 

1 minute ago, kittenmittons said:

The telecasters said he is medically cleared for everything and he just has the yips.  

Was throwing normally before the game. 

I'll believe it when I see it.  Yesterday it was a dead arm and now it's the yips.  Okay...

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, verycoolnin said:

I'll believe it when I see it.  Yesterday it was a dead arm and now it's the yips.  Okay...

LOL the “yips,” dumb commentator clearly meant to select another word from the dictionary using yips in that context. In any event, this is a first I’ve ever heard that opening day jitters or any other symptoms could make one visibly appear to have a dead arm for an entire game. Stop insulting our intelligence.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, verycoolnin said:

They did show him throwing before the game too, so you could have seen it.  I'm still skeptical nonetheless. 

Lol gibbons needs to 10 day dl this guy bumping Kendrys from dh because he can't throw is bush league.

14 minutes ago, sjs1890 said:

Lol gibbons needs to 10 day dl this guy bumping Kendrys from dh because he can't throw is bush league.

Hey a Kendrys Morales owner with problems strolls on in...The fact that the entire season is in jeapordy for Donaldson - a consensus 4-5 rd pick in most 12-team leagues - is irrelevant.

Morales is the real tragedy here.

Edited by SuperJoint

22 minutes ago, sjs1890 said:

Yeah, no way can you bench a DH with a .750 OPS....

Edited by kittenmittons

9 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

Hey a Kendrys Morales owner with problems strolls on in...The fact that the entire season is in jeapordy for Donaldson - a consensus 4-5 rd pick in most 12-team leagues - is irrelevant.

Morales is the real tragedy here.

Lolz no I don't own one share of Kendrys stick to facts please.... ok thanks

Back at 3B tonight. Should be interesting to see how he looks.

Well thank god they can finally get Kendrys back in the lineup.

The Home Run yesterday was encouraging.  I didn't see it other than in the box score but it eases my concerns about a power-sapping shoulder injury a bit.

6 minutes ago, kittenmittons said:

Well thank god they can finally get Kendrys back in the lineup.

The Home Run yesterday was encouraging.  I didn't see it other than in the box score but it eases my concerns about a power-sapping shoulder injury a bit.

It was an opposite field no doubter.

• Thanks 1

I saw him making the 3rd to 1st throws and he’s got no zip on his throws. It’s almost like he’s lobbing the ball into first. 

Edited by gbill2004

34 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

I saw him making the 3rd to 1st throws and he’s got no zip on his throws. It’s almost like he’s lobbing the ball into first. 

Pregame today? Or before?

On ‎04‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 10:59 AM, TrueToTheBlue said:

How'd he look in the field yesterday?

He looked serviceable, but still missing that typical zip he's known for. 

WOW I was sure I'd be late to the party but please pass the grey poupon for that SALAMI

• Like 2

1 minute ago, yankeefan2116 said:

Good call.

Was that sarcastic? I'm just looking to confirm it is not injury related. You sir win the internet.

• Like 1

Just now, Picard56 said:

Was that sarcastic? I'm just looking to confirm it is not injury related. You sir win the internet.

Im saying good call. No reason to sound the alarm bells when the only news out is that he's out of lineup.

2 minutes ago, yankeefan2116 said:

Im saying good call. No reason to sound the alarm bells when the only news out is that he's out of lineup.

There was no news at all. He was not in the lineup without any source saying why.

1 minute ago, Picard56 said:

There was no news at all. He was not in the lineup without any source saying why.

The news is he out of the lineup is all I'm saying. If we are going to investigate to try and find a problem with him where there isn't one then I would simply point to the fact that he's played everyday straight until today. He's 32 and had major injury problems last season. Seems like a day of maintenance and rest.

• Like 2

It was apparent to anyone watching that his shoulder wasn't right.